Prayut's advice to retirees: Stay mentally alert

webfact

RETIREMENT
Prayut's advice to retirees: Stay mentally alert

PANYA THIOSANGWAN
THE NATION

30244062-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- PM GENERAL Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday gave solemn words of advice to soon-to-be retirees like himself, including staying mentally alert to prevent senility.

"It's a good chance for retirees go back to be with their families, stay healthy and they should constantly sharpen their minds to avoid Alzheimer's," Prayut said.

The outgoing chief was presiding over a grand farewell ceremony arranged by the infantry for him and some 80 other officers who will leave the service at the end of this month.

Also attending the ceremony in Prachuap Khiri Khan were General Surasak Kanjanarat, permanent secretary of the Defence Ministry, and other senior officers and former commanders.

The infantry arranged five battalions with 930 soldiers to parade for Prayut and 89 other retiring soldiers.

Prayut said he would miss those who had lost their lives serving the Army. He said he knew that this day would come from the time he was an active soldier, and for the rest of his life he would remain an infantryman.

Honour and dignity must be preserved by the military. If there are any officers disgracing the Armed Forces, he would not tolerate them even though he is retiring, he said. He would still keep a close eye on developments in the Army, he added.

As for the government, his administration is facing many problems although the difficult days are over. He would do his best to solve society's problems without expecting personal rewards, he said.

He vowed to control graft, sying the mistakes of the past government would not be repeated. He also urged academics to not be too demanding.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayuts-advice-to-retirees-Stay-mentally-alert-30244062.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-25

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct, stay mentally alert -- watch at least 20 hrs per day of Thai TV, plenty of soapies, game shows, and slap stick rubbish, this will ensure full mental participation and ongoing development.

Edited by Artisi

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good advise by the General. All TV members should read this and follow his words.

I have for a long time believed in the need to keep your brain active to avoid or at least slow down the development of Alzheimer's Disease.

Alan

For sure you need to exercise the brain just like a muscle. But if you watch those retirees in bars you wonder if they had a brain to start with and if they had an other kind of advice for brain health.. copious amounts of alcohol.

But face it, I went back where i grew up and I am only 40 but some of my friends really let go beer bellies.. and such, but others kept quite healthy and in shape both physically and mentally. Like getting fat its all about choices you make and things that are important to you.

I think everyone knows the story of retirees that were bright and smart when they worked at a company and when you see them again after a year their mind is gone.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good advise by the General. All TV members should read this and follow his words.

I have for a long time believed in the need to keep your brain active to avoid or at least slow down the development of Alzheimer's Disease.

Alan

You said that yesterday

Said what yesterday???facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I would have thought that countering all obfuscation and other nonsense here would be more than sufficient to keep one on ones toes, especially for us non-native English speakers rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Stop taking satin Anti-cholesterol drugs that deplete the cholesterol in the brain.

The brain is 80% cholesterol!

It's a no brainier for the informed.

Check it out for yourself.

Sorry I fail to agree.

Statins have saved so many lives its verging on a miracle. Your points are not clinically proved and other bi factors like heart disease/heart attacks are somewhat prevented through use of statins.That is why doctors are careful to check for other reasons behind memory loss before they start cutting back the statins. Heart disease, age and so on can be to blame for Alzheimer's.

I take statins myself but can't remember where I read the information above ..... cheesy.gif

Edited by ScotBkk

Stop taking satin Anti-cholesterol drugs that deplete the cholesterol in the brain.

The brain is 80% cholesterol!

It's a no brainier for the informed.

Check it out for yourself.

Its "statin",not satin ,and i have taken it for 26 years ,nothing wrong with my mind ,just scare tactics from the anti statin brigade.

• Like 1

To avoid the dangers of retirement: Stage a coup!!whistling.gif

BTW. The jeeps are American M151 from the Vietnam war.

Perhaps M151A2 (fenders modified to accommodate enlarged turnsignal/blackout cluster). Used by the US military until 1999 and still in service in over 100 countries.

Hardly North Korean per another poster.

Yes, keeping the mind active, as well as diet and exercise, certainly couldn't hurt. Good luck PM.

Thank you so much beloved leader for this wise advice! May we all follow our leaders advice and all experience true happiness!

If it is okay, I would like to remind our leader that there are two unsolved murders on Koh Tao and it seems that the police there have forgotten everything about doing real police work. I hope our dear leader keeps this in mind and could help the police to recall how a case should be handled and investigated.

Edited by khunpa