UN aims to block jihadist recruits

webfact

Islamic State crisis: UN aims to stop jihadist recruits

NEW YORK: -- The UN Security Council has adopted a binding resolution compelling states to prevent their nationals joining jihadists in Iraq and Syria.

US President Barack Obama chaired the session and said nations must prevent the recruitment and financing of foreign fighters.

US and Arab jets bombed Islamic State (IS) targets in Syria for a second day, including oil facilities, the US says.

Mr Obama urged global efforts to dismantle the IS "network of death".

The US-drafted resolution was adopted unanimously.

The US launched air raids against IS militants in Iraq last month and overnight from Monday to Tuesday expanded the strikes into Syria, with the participation of Gulf Arab allies.

IS now controls several oilfields in Syria and Iraq, and sales of smuggled crude oil have helped finance its offensive in both countries.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29356038

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-09-25

A US-drafted binding resolution adopted unanimously by the UN Security Council that includes the other four permanent members of China, France, Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom is a rare sight. Might it be that the formation of a 15th century Islamic-style calliphate by terrorism is no longer acceptable to civilized countries in the 21st century?

I think it's a kneejerk reaction and short-sighted.

If an angry young man from my neighbourhood, city, country, wanted to go and get himself bombed to eternity, I say let him go. Better he's in the desert than in my vicinity.

Let them all go, don't bottle them up at home in the West.

If an angry young man from my neighbourhood, city, country, wanted to go and get himself bombed to eternity, I say let him go. Better he's in the desert than in my vicinity.

So, according to you, it is ok for people in your vicinity to go overseas and be trained in terrorist camps and become brainwashed in Jihad methods. If they are not killed, they can return to your vicinity, a much more radical and dangerous person. I would suggest it is you who is short sighted.

• Like 2

A very narrow sighted approach: " Let them all go..."

And if they do not want to go?

' One angry young man from your neighbourhood' didn't grow up in the forrest or in a field.

He was going to the mosque and to school.

He was brainwashed to go.

His mom and dad are most likely busy making half a dozen more.

And sending them to the same school.

And all this is done under your nose, in your neighbourhood and most likely with your Gov't subsidy.

And the mosque is still operational.

And this is going on in all of the West.

Obama, USA, UN and all the members of UN are STUPID! But Politically Correct!

In view of said above is going to bomb Iraq, Syria, IS, ISIS, ISIL etc. effective? Methinks not.

But lots of people will make good money.

Quote: "IS now controls several oilfields in Syria and Iraq, and sales of smuggled crude oil have helped finance its offensive in both countries."

* Ah, this explains the Arab Nations joining in! Islam and Brethren is one thing, - oil is another thing!

Edited by ABCer

Humor alert.

Pay special attention to the gingers among you. Give them a hug or something:

http://heebmagazine.com/ginjew-files-redical-islam-edition/52061

According to a recent report from Breitbart News, an exorbitantly large number of converts to radical Islamic groups like ISIS are redheads.
My fair-haired friends, I beseech you: Don’t follow in footsteps of those like you who have gone down the path toward red-icalism.

• Like 2

So, according to you, it is ok for people in your vicinity to go overseas and be trained in terrorist camps and become brainwashed in Jihad methods. If they are not killed, they can return to your vicinity, a much more radical and dangerous person. I would suggest it is you who is short sighted.

Geez, on the one hand you guys want to expel or kill all Muslims from the West, yet here you are saying don't let the bad ones go and get killed! Or do you think US bombers aren't up to the job?

I'm anti-anti-Muslim, but at the same time I am definitely very anti-jihadist. Get rid of the dangerous people.

These angry young men are already brainwashed, that's why they want to go....at least if they go, there's a very good chance they will be killed or captured. The people that brainwash them don't intend for them to be anything except cannon fodder.

We already have in place, or are putting in place, legislation to imprison them if they return....so what's your problem? Keep them in the west to do nasty things in the West?

If they survive Syria/Iraq, capture them upon their return and you have something to legally charge them with, keep them at home and you risk a suicide attack in a shopping mall, too late to charge and convict a person who is in a million bloody bits, meanwhile, until they actually do something they are free to plot and plan in a house in downtown London/Sydney/New York.

Edited by Seastallion

I somewhat agree with you- let em kill each other if they will. It would hard as hello to pass laws that were enforceable anyway. The only real way would be to penalize without trial; ie. prohibiting return. But my concern is, if jihadis go, they may return. I can tell you 6 months combat experience does make a difference in the threat that person poses. The underlying issue is less them going then returning.

As to the oil fields ISIS control and use for financing their ops - this task is EASY!

It is much easier to put the oil rigs out of commission using the airstrikes than to pick the bastards one by one in the desert or in the town.

Maybe the Gulf Allies will not be happy with such a solution. The former owners might even sue the USA Military.

And if what I have heard about USA Courts is true - they might win!

Edited by ABCer

Or even better, place location tracers on them. When they arrive at their destination, bomb the hell out of it.

Humor alert.

Pay special attention to the gingers among you. Give them a hug or something:

http://heebmagazine.com/ginjew-files-redical-islam-edition/52061

According to a recent report from Breitbart News, an exorbitantly large number of converts to radical Islamic groups like ISIS are redheads.

My fair-haired friends, I beseech you: Don’t follow in footsteps of those like you who have gone down the path toward red-icalism.

Hell yeah! I've noticed that as well. They're a few gingers in the UK that fit this description.

OP quote: Islamic State crisis: UN aims to stop jihadist recruits

Seastallion quote: " Get rid of the dangerous people."

" The people that brainwash them don't intend for them to be anything except cannon fodder."

UN has outlived its usefulness. Most of it members today are self serving buffoons clad in colourful national robes and a hand outstretched for donations.

Getting rid of 'dangerous people' seems to be not such an easy task. They do not carry ID labels. They are protected by our own Laws. But we know where and how they breed.

It seems to me that prevention is more effective than cure. Don't you see that 'people that brainwash them' are more dangerous? And they do carry an ID label. Getting rid of them is more effective.

Let them go by all means.... but dont let them back in and declare them stateless .. they want to go fine but dont expect to be allowed back.... As for their human rights they lost that the moment they were prepared to ignore others human rights... like the right to life.