Chiang Mai accomodation

rideride

Hi,
I would like to go to Chiang Mai for about one month and rent a motorcycle there from time to time - and so I've been checking on airnb.
But I feel like there is neither a great amount of good places nor is it cheap.
Is there any other place that you can recommend, maybe a hotel or a condo that would make like a 1 month deal?
I think 20.000 is the maximum I would like to spend for which expect reasonably fast inet and a room where I could work comfortably on my laptop from time to time.
The area does not matter that much.

Any ideas much appreciated!

There are tons of places for 20k per month. You must be more specific. You want Internet and motorbike rental but what else? Kitchen? Probably not at that price. A great, clean place is Nice Mum Lodge on Loi Kroh, Soi 2. Look at wikivoyage chiang mai.

Look at the Viangbua Mansion. It is a beautiful fairly new condo-hotel-service-residence. Well located and with long term monthly rentals from 3500thb to 8000thb, close to markets, Rajabhat University, and easy tuk tuk access to all the city attractions.

The same accommodations inside the old city or on a prime location will cost 2 times more. I recommend also for one night stay. The total daily rate for a very nice and large room, with TRUE MOVE cable, frig, AC, and wifi, with good breakfast for 2 people is 750thb. Free underground parking.

I just spend the last weekend there reserving in Asia Rooms site, and becomes my favorite hotel in that price range. I live in Chiang Rai.

post-183983-0-56224200-1411634230_thumb.

A surprise, too. The lobby's bar and restaurant on the pictures have a good library of books in English and other foreign languages. The room is amazing, but I do not have pictures I can post here. Look on its site. Great place!!! Great find!

By the way...Looking at your post.

My advice..Do not rent motorbike or car. Chiang Mai traffic is very busy and dangerous, and not much parking areas.

I leave my car at the hotels parking every time, and call my tuk tuk "private" driver Kun Luang to get me and take me every where I want for regular local pricing He speaks a little English too. 088-4086797

Welcome to Chiang Mai. It is a great place!

post-183983-0-13454800-1411635682_thumb.

Edited by umbanda

My recommendation is here:

https://www.facebook.com/lannachalet

Or Here: (It has a great pool!)

http://www.greenhillplace.com/gallery.php

Both are in a spot not to close but not too far from Nimanheman Rd..

And to rent a motorcycle I reccomend the guy right across from Kad Suan Kaew - Go in the late afternoon when he has most of his motorcycles returned for the day... He gives a good rate for monthly.

Look at the Viangbua Mansion. It is a beautiful fairly new condo-hotel-service-residence. Well located and with long term monthly rentals from 3500thb to 8000thb, close to markets, Rajabhat University, and easy tuk tuk access to all the city attractions.

The same accommodations inside the old city or on a prime location will cost 2 times more. I recommend also for one night stay. The total daily rate for a very nice and large room, with TRUE MOVE cable, frig, AC, and wifi, with good breakfast for 2 people is 750thb. Free underground parking.

I just spend the last weekend there reserving in Asia Rooms site, and becomes my favorite hotel in that price range. I live in Chiang Rai.

attachicon.gifBar.jpg

A surprise, too. The lobby's bar and restaurant on the pictures have a good library of books in English and other foreign languages. The room is amazing, but I do not have pictures I can post here. Look on its site. Great place!!! Great find!

By the way...Looking at your post.

My advice..Do not rent motorbike or car. Chiang Mai traffic is very busy and dangerous, and not much parking areas.

I leave my car at the hotels parking every time, and call my tuk tuk "private" driver Kun Luang to get me and take me every where I want for regular local pricing He speaks a little English too. 088-4086797

Welcome to Chiang Mai. It is a great place!

Hello umbanda,

I am also looking around right now for accomodations for at least a 6 months stay in Chiang Mai, and this place you recommend looks interesting as I am looking for a place with reliable internet.

On their web site they have monthly prices listed at 12k-24k, but do not mention long-term stay. Do you have recent experience of getting prices in the range you are mentioning?

Thank you for your help!

// Chris

Edited by zone300