Can my cheating Thai wife get her boyfriend a visa ?

Firstly I would seek advice from a lawyer who practices in the country you will be divorcing in...

Procedures and law can differ between England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and totally different to those in North America.

However, sometimes one or the other spouse is tempted to hide assets and not disclose them. You or you partner may even panic at the prospect of a divorce and try to dispose of assets – perhaps by transferring them into the name of another or by drawing down the equity on a property and spending or transferring the proceeds.

If that happens, the courts have wide powers to ensure that there is full financial disclosure and that the assets are preserved. If one of you is found to have hidden an asset then the courts take that very seriously. The person doing it can be penalised, for example by being ordered to pay the other side’s legal costs (which can be very substantial) or by being given a less favourable settlement. The courts also have powers to prevent assets being transferred or to get them back after a transfer.

http://www.divorce.co.uk/your-finances/hidden-assets-on-divorce

I presume the above refers to the law of England and Wales but probably also applies to the laws of Scotland and NI

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"co-signatories to the Hague convention on multi-jurisdictional jurisdiction"

SteveB2, you got a good list of that somewhere?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Conference_on_Private_International_Law ???

Somewhere in the Caribbean would probably be my choice... Thai would be out cause that is where this poor guy's wife is from.

I highly recommend taking all cash assets available, maybe even remortgage the home to the highest amount possible if you can't sell it, buy gold and head off into the Caribbean to start a new life. Don't worry about paying that mortgage either you'll sell it eventually or just let it default and the bank can take ownership of it.

Sell the house if possible, if not just load it up on debt, take the cash and flee. So many guys get screwed over.

Not wading through pages of advice. Divorce courts are full of Thai wives trying it on in the UK. Do not know if OP has salaried job,hard luck if he has.

The courts have clear instructions as to what happens when divorce looms,hiring a lawyer is an expensive option,can do it yourself with documentation. She probably will hire a lawyer on a no win basis ie the house will provide,cannot see your wife putting down a wad of cash to get things rolling.

Probably thinks you can go and new one will move in to the house,overstay and work on black market,tell immigration on that one.

Whatever was yours before marriage stays yours,whatever came into the marriage is split up

Can I remind members that the OP asked about a Visa when he started this thread, not divorce or how to protect assets.

This forum is questions on visas to other countries, not divorce and related issues.

If the OP wants advice on divorce or protecting assets no doubt he will ask in the appropriate forum, or even consult a lawyer.

• Like 1