Special report: Investigation into Koh Tao murders seriously flawed

webfact

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody answer why the Thais can't bring in outside help on something like this.

But as a poster pointed out today. We sure as hell can!

Please continue to email investigative journalist [email protected]

We require a full investigation of these islands and police and army are incapable.

Please copy and paste this link and email this Chris. He may or he may pass on to those who can assist with a full investigation that these bloody kids deserve.

here a picture of a guy the police were looking for a few days ago . I took it from a thai news video.

he's got his hair swept back , but is this the Kamnan's son

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-09-25 19.34.51.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-09-26 12.27.49.png

Sorry ? They are saying these two pictures are of the same person?

Perhaps misunderstanding this - but this is in no way the same person if that is what is being reported.

no one is saying that , i was just asking the question. seeing as they have both been on the police radar this week .

Let me just ask one more question ,

are these two guys one and the same ?

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-09-25 19.34.51.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-09-25 21.02.36.png

They look like the same guy to me , one is a guy the police were looking for when going house to house , the other has a FB account Intouch Toovichien , who amongst other things likes wearing removable tattoos .

If you watch this video of the CCTV footage of the night of the murders you can see 3 guys with yellow football shirts following Hannah and her friends and a guy in a red football shirt with the number 9 on it shaking Davids hand. Are these the football guys who had a party in arc bar the night of the murders? Here's a link to the video http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-hannah-witheridge-4297320

Yes we messed up sorry about have a nice flight.................. see you and your wallet next year.

"...sorry about have a nice flight."

And you are English?

Why, are you a grammar Nazi ?

Not at all. Just a lost hill-billy wondering what you meant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11122966/Police-quiz-Thai-footballers-over-murder-of-British-backpackers.html

Now The Telegraph can reveal that police are also investigating a group of amateur footballers who were at the nightclub celebrating the end of a tournament while the British backpackers were there.

At least eight football teams from nearby islands and the Thai mainland took part in the tournament which was held on a pitch at a government-run compound just a few minutes drive from the murder scene in southern Koh Tao.

This could be importanant so I will also post it

Yes we messed up sorry about have a nice flight.................. see you and your wallet next year.

...And sadly the grockels - yes, the grockels will keep flooding back to Thailand's islands and throwing their hard earned away on the local scum.

These 'travellers' may think that these places are cool, but they most definitely are not.

Maybe I'm missing something but what is clever about staying in overpriced tourist accommodation, eating a Farang version of Thai food, paying 60 baht for a small beer, getting ripped by local operators of every description and diving in degraded coral?

Just because every other Tom, Dick and Sharon is doing it.

• Like 2

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11122966/Police-quiz-Thai-footballers-over-murder-of-British-backpackers.html

Now The Telegraph can reveal that police are also investigating a group of amateur footballers who were at the nightclub celebrating the end of a tournament while the British backpackers were there.

At least eight football teams from nearby islands and the Thai mainland took part in the tournament which was held on a pitch at a government-run compound just a few minutes drive from the murder scene in southern Koh Tao.

This could be importanant so I will also post it

There was a football tourny going on at the time, the final was played that day.... heck yes it was relevant the second day and pictures of 3 thais in kit in a pic showing the movements of david and hannah

Not to mention all the people that came over with them like officials set up etc etc

• Like 1

http://www.pattayaone.net/national/147149/koh-tao-early-birds-sought/

Koh Tao early birds sought

Posted on September 26, 2014

Detectives are now looking for people who are in the habit of taking early-morning strolls on Koh Tao in their latest attempt to find a culprit in the murder of two British tourists nearly two weeks ago.

Keep looking, someone must know something!

Re the condom/DNA. Could there be "nothing on the inside" because David was interrupted? I don't wish to add to the speculation as to what the victims were doing but this could explain the finding. Of course that is assuming we can believe anything being reported about this appalling event.

Re the condom/DNA. Could there be "nothing on the inside" because David was interrupted? I don't wish to add to the speculation as to what the victims were doing but this could explain the finding. Of course that is assuming we can believe anything being reported about this appalling event.

It's normal that a male will "ejaculate" a little bit doing sex. Also, i think there would be other "remaining" that could be traced, like small pieces of skin "fractions".

If they were interrupted, i don't think that pulling off the rubber would be the first thing to do, and i doubt that the killer would remove it.

Edited by Iumentum

This is not only like a punch in the face of the poor parents of this unfortunate couple, but a punch in the face of international justice! Thailand's police force as a whole should be ashamed of themselves. I have no sympathy anymore for this bunch of morons. A uniform doesn't make a person a good or trustworthly person, heart and soul does, but it seems the main requirement to get into Thailand's police force is the very absence of heart and soul... If I woud be Hannah's or David's father, I would get in touch with Sean, then spend my last dime on the best undercover investigator I can get, send him to Koh Tao, find out who did it and then pay a Nakhon hitman to pull the plug on both thugs and send me photos. Anyone who trusts in "justice being served" here in Thailand could also start writing letters to Santa Claus now, because the reality level is about similar... I am upset and disgusted and feel so utterly sorry for the parents. Such a shame!

I just don't get this stuff. I remember when that stuff went down on Aruba there was all sorts of pressure on those guys. Is it just that Thailand is further away? Is that really a reason not to pay attention to murders? Or what is it? Why is there no international pressure for answers from Thailand, ever?

I just don't get this stuff. I remember when that stuff went down on Aruba there was all sorts of pressure on those guys. Is it just that Thailand is further away? Is that really a reason not to pay attention to murders? Or what is it? Why is there no international pressure for answers from Thailand, ever?

Because Thailand is an Allie of U.S.

This one will haunt Koh Tao for a long time to come!!!! In my opinion, this atrocity calls for a total and unconditional Koh Tao boykott amongst travellers. Everyone who feels sympathy for the victims and parents should avoid Koh Tao on any cost for at least 10 years and ask friends and relatives to do so as well. When the houses and businesses there rot away and people lose billions in investments, eventually someone will talk...

• Like 2

There was definitive advice early on that there was CCTV footage of a female running, that police had under wraps. Do you know if this has seen the light of day yet ? Or if it even exists? It was purported it was possibly hannah running ..

It probably does exist, the police seem to be keeping any CCTV footage under wraps that hasn't got out yet.

There was definitive advice early on that there was CCTV footage of a female running, that police had under wraps. Do you know if this has seen the light of day yet ? Or if it even exists? It was purported it was possibly hannah running ..

It probably does exist, the police seem to be keeping any CCTV footage under wraps that hasn't got out yet.

Not seen this reported anywhere, there is so much disinformation its getting difficult to follow.

This is not only like a punch in the face of the poor parents of this unfortunate couple, but a punch in the face of international justice! Thailand's police force as a whole should be ashamed of themselves. I have no sympathy anymore for this bunch of morons. A uniform doesn't make a person a good or trustworthly person, heart and soul does, but it seems the main requirement to get into Thailand's police force is the very absence of heart and soul... If I woud be Hannah's or David's father, I would get in touch with Sean, then spend my last dime on the best undercover investigator I can get, send him to Koh Tao, find out who did it and then pay a Nakhon hitman to pull the plug on both thugs and send me photos. Anyone who trusts in "justice being served" here in Thailand could also start writing letters to Santa Claus now, because the reality level is about similar... I am upset and disgusted and feel so utterly sorry for the parents. Such a shame!

If I woud be Hannah's or David's father, I would get in touch with Sean, then spend my last dime on the best undercover investigator I can get, send him to Koh Tao, find out who did it ....

If 500'000THB from the "Orient Thai" owners, an other 200'000THB from the police donations

and 1 MillionTHB from Mr. Warot's didn't help to loosen someones tongue (until now), do you

honestly think, an outsider would find out anything on such a small island. I think he would be

lucky not to get killed himself.

As horrible as it might sound, I think Hannah's and David's family will need to learn to come to

terms that the killers might never be found and carry on with their lives. Although I must say,

if such a tragedy would hit my family, I could not see a reason for anything anymore, I probably

die from a heart attack.

Still, let's hope, eventually and if it takes years to wait, someone will talk.

(hmmm, just wonder, is there any "use by date" on those rewards?)

Edited by JoeLing
  • Like 1

Jonathan Head reporting DNA samples sent to BKK but they are "struggling to fund analysis on all samples". How about using the million THB the headman put up?

And not the only thing they're struggling with.

Also reported this.

Police KohTao say have taken DNA frm 179 ppl - + 30 who knew victims. .... so thats a lot less than previously claimed.

All DNA samples from KohTao sent to Bangkok. Costs B5,000 to analyse each. So tests still incomplete.

didnt they say they were using Singapore ? or would it now seem BKK can in fact analyse or do they just mean BKK has to get its bill in first then when thats done .. move it off to Singapore for better testing...

In which case the fast returned DNA tests clearing people within 24 hrs when its had to get from KT to either location if not both seems even more ridiculous

Edited by englishoak

Jonathan Head reporting DNA samples sent to BKK but they are "struggling to fund analysis on all samples". How about using the million THB the headman put up?

And not the only thing they're struggling with.

Also reported this.

All DNA samples from KohTao sent to Bangkok. Costs B5,000 to analyse each. So tests still incomplete.

didnt they say they were using Singapore ? or would it now seem BKK can in fact analyse or do they just mean BKK has to get its bill in first then when thats done .. move it off to Singapore for better testing...

In which case the fast returned DNA tests clearing people within 24 hrs when its had to get from KT to either location if not both seems even more ridiculous

Usually a surcharge for accelerated lab turnaround times. The chemical testing I usually have done is surcharged at +100% for two day turnaround based on the standard charge based on 5-7 day turnaround.

This is a 2010 article. Don't know which test methods being used in Thailand. Turnaround is 24-72 hours probably from sample receipt and preparation.

http://www.gizmag.com/rapid-dna-testing/15950/

Edited by MJP

This is interesting, again a few years old . . .

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

Also . . .

"SERI’s turn-around time for casework is typically measured in weeks, not months or years."

http://www.serological.com/dna-forensic-testing.php

Faster turnaround:

20 Business Days

10 Business Days

5 Business Days

48 Hours

Can anyone find out the DNA test method being used in this case? From that we can find out the analytical turnaround times including for sample preparation and data analysis.

Also, look on page 4, seems to have capability . . .

http://www.forensic.sc.mahidol.ac.th/proceeding/49_Samart.pdf

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

if such a tragedy would hit my family, I could not see a reason for anything anymore, I probably

die from a heart attack.

If happened directly I would not be having a heart attack until these scum people were in the ground. In fact I am so pissed off at this shambles I feel compelled to pay that place a visit.
  • Like 1