Special report: Investigation into Koh Tao murders seriously flawed

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PUBLISHED: September 23, 2014 1:00 pm
Thai terror chase

Jersey brothers Chris and James Ware had to flee the clutches of fake police and men on motorbikes during a chase through downtown Bangkok days after their friend had been brutally murdered, according to a travelling companion with them at the time.
Marco Freifrei (right) pictured with David Miller (left) and fellow backpacker Remy Einmalig just a few days before the murders took placeMarco Freifrei (right) pictured with David Miller (left) and fellow backpacker Remy Einmalig just a few days before the murders took place
The terrified pair, along with their German friend Marco Freifrei, who has told his story to the JEP, were chased and harassed through the streets as they tried to leave Thailand after the death of 24-year-old David Miller and Hannah Witheridge (23) from Great Yarmouth.

Source: Jersey Evening Post

So what sort of story did they have, which points of evidence that could direct towards the killers?

People aren't chased through Bkk by 'fake policemen' for no reason at all..........................wink.png

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PUBLISHED: September 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Thai terror chase

Jersey brothers Chris and James Ware had to flee the clutches of fake police and men on motorbikes during a chase through downtown Bangkok days after their friend had been brutally murdered, according to a travelling companion with them at the time.

Marco Freifrei (right) pictured with David Miller (left) and fellow backpacker Remy Einmalig just a few days before the murders took placeMarco Freifrei (right) pictured with David Miller (left) and fellow backpacker Remy Einmalig just a few days before the murders took place

The terrified pair, along with their German friend Marco Freifrei, who has told his story to the JEP, were chased and harassed through the streets as they tried to leave Thailand after the death of 24-year-old David Miller and Hannah Witheridge (23) from Great Yarmouth.

Source: Jersey Evening Post

So what sort of story did they have, which points of evidence that could direct towards the killers?

People aren't chased through Bkk by 'fake policemen' for no reason at all..........................wink.png

They're not ?

these people can get viciously violent very easily, I was punched out in walking st one night by a street beggar pretending to be a musician when I advised some tourists not to give him money because he wasnt going to play a song, when I got back up 3 thai policemen were standing there, I pointed to the guy and said he had just attacked me, they said hes mafia and we cant help you. not sure if they were joking but thats what they said and they sure werent going to help me

investigative journalists please step forward

If anyone ends up sending a twitter or brief e-mail to BBC Panorama as discussed in the other thread they may like to send a copy of the same one to Chris Masters , who is regarded as one of Australia's best investigative reporters. Although this murder involved British tourists without doubt a more in-depth coverage would be of great interest to Australians as well

Even if he isn't interested in covering this story himself, he is likely to know someone who could be interested

http://www.chrismasters.com.au/Welcome.html

If anyone ends up sending a twitter or brief e-mail to BBC Panorama as discussed in the other thread they may like to send a copy of the same one to Chris Masters , who is regarded as one of Australia's best investigative reporters. Although this murder involved British tourists without doubt a more in-depth coverage would be of great interest to Australians as well

Even if he isn't interested in covering this story himself, he is likely to know someone who could be interested

Happy to oblige. If we all send Chris Masters a link to this discussion even if people are busy and think it's a bother.

This alone will assist our cause ...

• Like 1

Happy to oblige. If we all send Chris Masters a link to this discussion even if people are busy and think it's a bother.

This alone will assist our cause ...

Why not instead ask WHY Thai-people in general have not demanded justice in this case? Two foreigners have been brutally murdered in their country and do any of them really care? And why do they not care and demand justice? Why do they not request The General to solve this problem and become a part of all the people (Farangs), who wants to see the right killers get caught?

Why? Where are the smiling and decent buddhist Thai-people, when you need them? Could it be, because there is no personal financial gain in fighting corruption and nothing related to this, will effect them personally? Could it be, because they deep down really could care less of some farangs getting killed? Where are the Thais demanding justice?

• Like 1

Not really. Put on inside out.

"Then there's the most puzzling piece of evidence only made public for the first time on Wednesday by deputy national police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmoung - a condom found in the area that had Witheridge's DNA on the outside but nothing on the inside".

Wow - there's a new one!

Are you mad? Whichever way it is on there must be DNA on both the inside and out unless some other object than the male organ was inside it. Even then there would be traces of what it was - protection for another object used by these animals?

"these animals"

don't call this scum animals. Animals are decent creatures. They don't deserve this comparison

Not really. Put on inside out.

"Then there's the most puzzling piece of evidence only made public for the first time on Wednesday by deputy national police chief Pol General Somyot Poompanmoung - a condom found in the area that had Witheridge's DNA on the outside but nothing on the inside".

Wow - there's a new one!

Are you mad? Whichever way it is on there must be DNA on both the inside and out unless some other object than the male organ was inside it. Even then there would be traces of what it was - protection for another object used by these animals?

"these animals"

don't call this scum animals. Animals are decent creatures. They don't deserve this comparison

You are right! My aberration.

IMO,

Thais don't give 2 shits about death. They don't see this as tragic, but as karma. They don't comprehend " loss " of life as western world does. They don't have compassion. They donate to temples and offer help as they expect something in return, not because of compassion. Why would Thai police take pride in their job?? They make about 800 dollars a month and are promoted by years of service, not performance. They stand to make more money by illegal means, as do any in any government position. Are you really surprised this is going no where ?

• Like 2

Sounds quite similar to the Saudi Jewels theft investigation. They can't possibley be so retarted. Five minutes ago they said No items were missing. Now het phone has gone. Maybe they are covering up some bigwigs mess.

Sounds quite similar to the Saudi Jewels theft investigation. They can't possibley be so retarted. Five minutes ago they said No items were missing. Now het phone has gone. Maybe they are covering up some bigwigs mess.

"The motivation for the attack is rape, because we found the belongings intact on the victims' bodies," he said.

Not only is a phone missing, but if the bodies was naked, how can belongings be found on the bodies?

Anyway, phone is missing, yet they claim that the motive can only be rape. Seriously? It doesn't seem suspicious that phone is missing, and they already ruled out the possibility that motive might actually be on that phone.

maybe hannahs icloud could provide vital clues?

"The motivation for the attack is rape, because we found the belongings intact on the victims' bodies," he said.
Not only is a phone missing, but if the bodies was naked, how can belongings be found on the bodies?

Anyway, phone is missing, yet they claim that the motive can only be rape. Seriously? It doesn't seem suspicious that phone is missing, and they already ruled out the possibility that motive might actually be on that phone.

Special report: Investigation into Koh Tao murders seriously flawed

Special report: Investigation into Koh Tao murders seriously hampered by D.N.A. and other evidence being contaminated by ''filthy lucre.''

Killer+Truth.png

Well...You might get to say the truth the first time.

But I am not so sure you would be around for the again, and again, and again part.

Could be.

I just find that statement very weird for several reasons. It could be figure of speech "on the victims bodies". However, how do they know what belongings they actually did have, beside the missing phone. Also, wasn't David's shorts gone? and a pair of jeans near by that wouldn't fit? Wouldn't a pair of shorts not count as belongings?

They make such statements, yet they blame the media that they cannot solve this case? I mean seriously? For me it seem that the police doesn't even have their own story straight.

Right on.

And like I said before. If you are looking to find a girl to rape. You don"t pick one that is in the company of a large fit ' Alpha male' that can only cause you problems. ( Not that i am a rape expert. Just common sense).And then there is the condom with the female victim's DNA on it but no DNA on the inside. A classic case of an uneducated use of a ' throw down " to confuse / contaminate the crime scene. Smells to high heavan.

"Then there's the most puzzling piece of evidence only made public for the first time on Wednesday by deputy national police chief Pol General Somyot Pumpanmuang - a condom found in the area that has Witheridge's DNA on the outside but nothing on the inside."

The double condom theory would make complete sense but seems a bit far fetched considering 2 perps left their DNA. Unless it was a mixture of perps, someone who was worried about getting caught vs somebody/s who couldnt give a sh1t

But really, are we giving police too much credit?

If you found a discarded condom, you would be able to see immediately whether it had semen in it or not. Thinking like a Thai (forgive me, ma).. actually thinking like a thai copper (i.e. with not much depth, no professionalism), my thought process would be:

Victim's DNA on the outside; check
Nothing on the inside (Nothing meaning no SEMEN - i.e. what you would expect from the use of a condom). check

Ok well, no semen to DNA. End of

Do you think they actually DNAed the inside of the condom once they saw that the inside of the condom had no semen to analyse.

• Like 1

Could be.

I just find that statement very weird for several reasons. It could be figure of speech "on the victims bodies". However, how do they know what belongings they actually did have, beside the missing phone. Also, wasn't David's shorts gone? and a pair of jeans near by that wouldn't fit? Wouldn't a pair of shorts not count as belongings?

They make such statements, yet they blame the media that they cannot solve this case? I mean seriously? For me it seem that the police doesn't even have their own story straight.

Didn"t they say that the CCTV footage showed an individual wearing what appeared to be the victims shorts ?

Could be.

Didn"t they say that the CCTV footage showed an individual wearing what appeared to be the victims shorts ?

Yes, and that man mysteriously enough looks a lot like..... well we cannot prove that so.....

I am just so amazed about their babbling, at least try to get your own stories straight, before accusing media for interfering and confusing the investigation, because the most confusing here seem to be the statements from the police, of course unless these statements is made up by media.

Edited by Iumentum

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed as well as the replies:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Before we start jumping all over the thai police let me ask one question.

How many murders go unsolved in your old country where they have all the latest equipment and training.

There are a couple of things to rmember.

1 KT is a back packers paradise because there is no police and it is a free and easy place.

That is good if you want to let loose but also makes life easy forsomeone that wants to do harm.

2. because it is an island there is in actuality no way to stop boats fromleaving

Koh Tao does have police on the island there office is some 50 meters away from where the murders took place unless they have moved it since I was last there !

Yes and rumour has it that The police officer in uniform next to Mon at the crime scene is his brother...

Plus the guy on the right in the photo Sean posted is also Koh Tao police,

Can someone official or even unofficial confirm this please?