A basic room / bath near Pattaya International Hospital

Donald1

My brother will be coming to Pattaya early in 2015 for some surgery where he will need to return daily to

the Pattaya International Hospital daily for check-ups. We are looking for recommendations where he could walk

back and forth to the Hospital. He will need this for 3 weeks then he will move closer to me in Jomtien Area.

When I say basic I mean clean, comfortable and reputable and not expensive. Nothing fancy. Thank you.

The hotels around there are mostly expensive.

It would be best if you go around yourself and check the prices or try looking at Agoda on-line in the area.

A hotel room would be best since he will have surgery and a basic room sounds dodgy to me, if you can even have them in that area.

Early 2015 is high season so prices will be at peak.

You may like to consider the following place called the carlton hotel which is within walking distance to the hospital:

http://www.atsiam.com/en/hotels/pattaya/carlton_pattaya_hotel_thailand.asp

I have not stayed at the hotel myself but have visited friends there a few years back, and the room is adequate and I believe the price is acceptable for budget travellers.

You have not specified the dates wanted but be aware of heavy bookings in the high season.

Have you contacted the hospital and asked them? I have on and off been a patient at the hospital for many years and they can be very helpful and ought to also give recommendations.

Good luck.

Edited by R123

I think the Tune Hotel is right across the street or so. Seems to be a very low cost option.

"Seems" is maybe the operative word. Their headline prices look OK at around 1000B/day but then you have:

"Prices shown exclude Taxes.

Room price does not automatically include provision of amenities such as in-room TV access, air-conditioning, towels and toiletries, which can be purchased as Add-Ons."

That could mean a big bill.

There are several respectable hotels down the soi where PIH is and I suspect that with a bit of advance negotiation one could get a good all-in price there, even for high season. Of course it does all depend on how far the OP wants to walk, and how much he wants to spend. And a Bahtbus will only cost 10B to get along the entire length of Beach Rd or Second Rd, so there are many options there also.