Dutch man turns amputated leg into a lamp, tries to sell it on eBay

webfact

Leo Bonten, 53, turns leg into lamp and tries to auction it on eBay

SYDNEY: -- SOME people will lose an arm and a leg to get a sale on eBay — literally.

A Dutch man turned his amputated leg into a lamp and tried to sell it on the auction site with a starting bid of $US80,000 (A$91,300).

Unfortunately for Leo Bonten, 53, eBay bans the sale of body parts so now he needs to find another way to get rid of his leg.

Bonten said he needs the money to pay for his medical bills and set up a foundation to help support other amputees.

He said he had a “flash of inspiration” to turn his limb into a lamp in the lead-up to the operation.

Amputated limbs are usually disposed of by the hospital but, after some persistence, Bonten was given the go-ahead for his bright idea.

“My leg is my property. People keep kidney stones in a jar on the mantelpieces. Ashes of dead people are included in tattoos. I’m going to make a lamp of my leg,” he told NRC Reader.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/leo-bonten-53-turns-leg-into-lamp-and-tries-to-auction-it-on-ebay/story-fnh81p7g-1227071753967

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-09-26

Presumably he would leg it with the money?

I hope the German guy with the swollen leg partying it up in Pattaya with donated funds doesn't hear about this. Something tells me he could see this as a real potential bonanza.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763274-german-beggar-spends-donated-cash-drinkin-and-partyin-in-pattaya/