Getting a Police Check in Thailand years after moving, without old Passport and Visa

Hi guys!

Im in a bit of a pickle over here. Im currently in the process of getting a new job over here in Australia, but Ive been faced with a big problem. They have asked me to get a police check (police clearance) from Thailand, since I lived there years ago (About 2004-2008) The problem is that I dont have my old passport anymore, and the requirement for getting a police clearence requires that.

Actually the information Ive found (http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/policecheck-non-thai.php) says that I need a valid passport, Thai visa and "Document(s) stating that the applicant is used to work or reside in Thailand."

Since my old passport expired years ago, I didnt keep it. I never thought I would need it again. In fact I cant even figure out what the Passport number was.

What would you do? Im considering all sorts of things... Getting a new passport, and going over to thailand just get this Police Clearance, but would this work since it will be a new passport. Will they be able to give me the clearance even with a new passport?

Im possibly even considering getting a fake one on Koh San Rd if it comes to that. I am desperate for this new job.

Any advice would really be appreciated!

Thanks heaps,

Katie

Katie, yes the requirement is for a valid passport, the old one which was valid at the time you resided in Thailand doesn't seem to be required, they can check their database from the details on a current passport.

I certainly wouldn't be getting a fake passport, I suspect that would be the end of your chosen career prospects if you tried it.

As for what documents you need, I would suspect that a letter confirming you were in Thailand at the specified time and details of where you lived would suffice.

I note the Oz Government says the process is free, a friend of mine send an application last year from Paris and it wasn't processed until he paid the 100 Baht fee, it might have been slightly more, his application was left on a pile of unprocessed applications until he got someone to pay the fee.

Sorry for my late reply guys..

Thanks so much for your help... I have just written to A Plus Service Andy mentioned and I think they are going to be the best way to go.

Ill let you know how it goes tongue.png

Cheers

Katie

Edited by ktbgreat2

• 5 months later...

Hi, did you use their services in the end? I ask because I contacted them and sent the paperwork and payment and now... Silence. They won't reply to my emails or confirm whether they've put in my application or not, and the clock is ticking on my residency application. I tried them after sending my paperwork straight to the police check office 6 months ago and getting nothing back, now they're looking to be almost as stressful.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Janeyxx, Im in the same position... I need a Thai police clearance. Trying to find a solution quick and efficient...

Nankers do you have any news from www.a-plusservice.com???