Aussie stabbed with broken bottle on Phuket street

Lite Beer

Aussie stabbed with broken bottle on Phuket street

Eakkapop Thongtub

1411791068_1-org.jpg

Dwayne House is attended to by rescue workers.

PHUKET: An Australian tourist was stabbed with a broken bottle yesterday afternoon (September 26) during a drunken argument with three Thai teenagers in Patong.

Arriving with rescue workers at the scene in front of the Baan Thai Beach Resort on Thaweewong Rd at 2pm, police found Dwayne David House, 23, lying on his back on the road with a stab wound below the left side of his rib.

A friend, also Australian, called on officers to arrest three Thai boys standing nearby, which they did.

After questioning the two Australians, police arrested one of the Thais, a 15-year-old, who was identified as having done the damage, and released the other two.

Mr House was taken to Patong Hospital for treatment.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/aussie-stabbed-with-broken-bottle-on-phuket-street-48909.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-27

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shootings, stabbings, beatings, bouldering with bats, bricks, rapes, balcony jumpers (pushers) hit and run by cars, and now broken bottles, keeps getting worse and worse, in the "Land of Smiles". Most of these crimes are alcohol related for sure, lets say 98.5 % of them.

If I didn't know better, Id swear I was back in the good old USA

Edited by Pundi6446
  • Like 1

<Snip> ......it may not have involved alcohol.......<Snip>

The article starts with: PHUKET: An Australian tourist was stabbed with a broken bottle yesterday afternoon (September 26) during a drunken argument with three Thai teenagers in Patong.

So why do you write that it may not have involved alcohol?? Read, understand, then reply smile.png

Edited by SamuiAxe
  • Like 2

They may have all been drunk but you don't read of farang stabbing others with broken beer bottles because that is an act intended to kill.

But it is reported that Thais use such weapons with some frequency. Broken bottles, iron bars.

Actually one of the Thai kids got stabbed with a bottle too. Wonder who did that.

• Like 1

Only Three on one, looks Thai standards are slipping. However they did manage to find the obligatory weapon. Well done the under staffed Thai team. thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

From, the story, it was 3 on 2. whistling.gif

Actually we dont know how many of either was actually in the fight.

Just trying to keep the facts straight :D

PS when in doubt, just walk away!

The beers and girls will still be there tomorrow,

and will taste much better without that beer bottle sticking out of your side!w00t.gif

Just my 2 cents

The shootings, stabbings, beatings, bouldering with bats, bricks, rapes, balcony jumpers (pushers) hit and run by cars, and now broken bottles, keeps getting worse and worse, in the "Land of Smiles". Most of these crimes are alcohol related for sure, lets say 98.5 % of them.

If I didn't know better, Id swear I was back in the good old USA

"Most of these crimes are alcohol related for sure: - I think you will find a lot of crimes on Phuket are drug related these days, "ice" being the particular drug of addiction at the moment.