Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly this is not true. Whilst rape and murders with this level of brutality are indeed rare, they are not as rare as most people believe they are. The extent of violence inflicted on a rape/murder victim is rarely reported in any real detail and that is why, when we do hear of these cases, we are shocked at how terrible these attacks can be.

Think about the reporting about this case, if you only knew what was reported in mainstream media, would you be aware of the level of brutality inflicted on Hannah?

When you delve deeper into case files you realise how barbaric some of these attacks really are. I’m not suggesting that Hannah wasn’t subjected to the worst kind of brutality (she clearly was), but the suggestion that this is the worst since Bundy is just not accurate all. Sadly I could probably easily name 100+ victims of such extreme violence and rape off the top of my head. I only know a small fraction of course. One thing we have learned from this type of crime is that if the perpetrator is not found, they will do it again in one form or another. That cannot be allowed to happen.

You don't make it clear whether you think knowing the extent of the injuries in graphic and macabre detail is a good thing or not. Also, when 90% of what you read on social media is BS how do you even find 'real' info?

Personally I have not hunted down any photos, and I've ignored 100s of posts from hysterical attention seekers using this forum as a soapbox. I know they were brutallized and that is more than enough for me to want the killers to be found. If they are found, it will not be because of the self-righteous here - it will be through police work.

So, posters should criticize the police if this helps to vent their pretend frustration, but they needn't pretend they know any better. Ghouls getting their cheap thrills discussing intimate details is utterly disgusting, no decorum at all. And they all 'Like' each others filth.

And lastly, stooping to insults directed at Thailand, or Thai people in general is just childish, arrogant and popular attention seeking. Hubris...

• Like 2

Thought so, and thanks, just wanted to know if i missed something.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a village headman's family being involved, but i somewhat started to doubt it. I do however still think that some from AC Bar know who is behind this terrible murder.

I am still hoping for Sean to come clean and let the world know what he knows. With his allegations he clearly must know more than the public does. He's been working there, hence should know quite a few of the people related to AC bar is, specially owner and manager, so you simply don't come with such claims that AC Bar did it, or AC Bar knows who did it, because he should know how dangerous such claims would be.

I still think that Sean might be the actual reason for these killings. I think he was in money trouble with some guys, hence why he wanted to sell the motorbike. Could be a f'ed up situation getting totally out of control, and that Sean was there and actually witness the everything and that he was covered in blood. If so, it would make sense that Mon and his police friend would approach him with words like "You have blood on your hands", "It was you who killed them. You’ve got two people’s deaths on your hands. We know it was you", meant in the sense that he was the "reason".

However, i am not sure that he ever would come clean, if he is in fact still alive.

Sean has been hanging with some nasty guys, and something tells me that he might have been involved with selling drugs.

Did i read on hear Sean is in Italy with a girlfriend ?

If he is funny it is a country with no extradition treaty with Thailand.

I am sure Sean is involved, you don't live somewhere for 18 months basically bumming a living without getting involved in the dark side.

this is retarded,

someone comes on here and posts 5 day old news, without a link

BTW,

there are now 200 likes on the Facebook page for the two murdered vacationers to Thailand

my guess is 150 came from the Bangkok expats page that I posted too,

I believe the more pressure we exert, the better,

of course, I probably will not ever go to Thailand again after this anyway

I just can't see how Facebook could possibly put pressure on the Thai government.

If you want to put pressure on anyone, then maybe petition the UK government to
keep lobbying the Thai government to share information (and not only 13 years after
the crime was committed) or invite them (has been done before) to help with the
investigations

You will see that, although justice still has not been served in the Koh Samui incident
with the Australian and the two chinese students, some results have been achieved
by the power of the people.

Check: http://tinyurl.com/nb8p54e

• Like 1

I am sure Sean is involved, you don't live somewhere for 18 months basically bumming a living without getting involved in the dark side.

I haven't seen any reports about Sean's whereabout since he left Koh Tao, and i did try to search a few times. But when he left Koh Tao it was reported that he said he was going to Italy to visit his girlfriend.

I wouldn't be surprised if we will never hear from him again, and next thing we will hear about him is that he has gone missing, never to be found.

For what i read, then he only got police protection to the boat from Koh Tao, from then on he would be on his own, which also seem quite strange. Not only should they have detained him for more questioning, but such treats related to a horrifying murder case should be taken seriously, not just put him on a boat and leave it like that, but they might have had him under surveillance and tried to use him a bait.

Edited by Iumentum

1: I have no idea but just because a country doesn't have an extradition treaty with another country,

does that mean they will never extradite anyone to a country they have no extradition treaty?

2: I live since nearly 40 years on this islands (with short interruptions) and although I know quite a

few, I had never the desire or the need to get involved with the "dark side" of this islands.

Edited by JoeLing

I haven't seen any reports about Sean's whereabout since he left Koh Tao, and i did try to search a few times. But when he left Koh Tao it was reported that he said he was going to Italy to visit his girlfriend.

I wouldn't be surprised if we will never hear from him again, and next thing we will hear about him is that he has gone missing, never to be found.

For what i read, then he only got police protection to the boat from Koh Tao, from then on he would be on his own, which also seem quite strange. Not only should they have detained him for more questioning, but such treats related to a horrifying murder case should be taken seriously, not just put him on a boat and leave it like that, but they might have had him under surveillance and tried to use him a bait.

I did hear him and two German travellers were followed in Bangkok by fake police. I cant believe he hasnt been questioned further about his knowledge of the island and any leads. David was his friend apparently and you think he would be trying to help get to the bottom of this.

I think you're mistaking this with the story here: http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2014/09/23/thai-terror-chase/

Which is about David's friend Chris and James who are brothers and brits, and the german guy Marco who reported this incident to JEP.

Sean was not a part of that incident, which should have happened before Sean even left Koh Tao.

And no, i actually don't think he would help getting to the bottom of this, because i think he might actually be more involved than he would like people to know. I don't think Sean did it, but i think he might actually be the reason for it to happen.

Edited by Iumentum

No Lume he's OK. When he left Koh Tao he got to Bangkok and flew out safely. His sister posted on FB at the time to let people who helped out know he had left Thailand safely and thanked everyone and explained they had been advised by UK gov FO to say no more and clear the page which she then did. All the shared pics etc were wiped then as witness statements would have been made and processed through proper channels. As far as I'm aware that would be the strongly advised management of any relevant witness information regarding UK nationals and is why no statements have been made public from the victims friends and companions.

Legalities and process are handled much more tightly in UK! In fact that's how any half decent investigation should be run.

• Like 2

I did hear him and two German travellers were followed in Bangkok by fake police. I cant believe he hasnt been questioned further about his knowledge of the island and any leads. David was his friend apparently and you think he would be trying to help get to the bottom of this.

I think you're mistaking this with the story here: http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2014/09/23/thai-terror-chase/

Which is about David's friend Chris and James who are brothers and brits, and the german guy Marco who reported this incident to JEP.

Sean was not a part of that incident, which should have happened before Sean even left Koh Tao.

And no, i actually don't think he would help getting to the bottom of this, because i think he might actually be more involved than he would like people to know. I don't think Sean did it, but i think he might actually be the reason for it to happen.

Hi how are you:) I would not take much notice of what the JEP reports A real toe rag of a news paper.

What I would like to know is what flight was sean on, from where,and where did he get the funds from to travel and finance his stay in Italy.

Or on the other hand he may still be here in Thailand

No Lume he's OK. When he left Koh Tao he got to Bangkok and flew out safely. His sister posted on FB at the time to let people who helped out know he had left Thailand safely and thanked everyone and explained they had been advised by UK gov FO to say no more and clear the page which she then did. All the shared pics etc were wiped then as witness statements would have been made and processed through proper channels. As far as I'm aware that would be the strongly advised management of any relevant witness information regarding UK nationals and is why no statements have been made public from the victims friends and companions.

Legalities and process are handled much more tightly in UK! In fact that's how any half decent investigation should be run.

That is good to hear, i did try to search but haven't seen anything about it, but thanks for making that clear.

It sure is better to keep statements tight until there is more certainty about the information before officials leak any info which just confuses just to later blame the media for confusing the case whistling.gif

Hi how are you:) I would not take much notice of what the JEP reports A real toe rag of a news paper.

What I would like to know is what flight was sean on, from where,and where did he get the funds from to travel and finance his stay in Italy.

Or on the other hand he may still be here in Thailand

I am good thanks :-)

Not saying that the report is worth anything, just pointing it out because it seems that Mooner might be mixing 2 different things together.

• Like 1

I thought the Police were going to tighten up on these leaks to the Press.

Could make a good defense, a crazy farang killed the couple and then two Asians only assaulted the dead female victim.

That way they are not charged with a brutal murder but still serve time since their DNA was found in the semen they left behind.

Could make a good defense to an audience that wants to believe...

Plus it plays into the Thai prejudice against farang that is only rivaled by the farang prejudice against Thai seen on this TV forum the past 12 days.

Necrophilia?

No, surely not. That would be worse than the murder itself to a Thai. Wouldn't it? blink.png

More Flying pig stories from the RTP in this story, methinks. laugh.png

Yep, the RTP think we farangs are as daft as ............

.........they are!!!!

With every new "development" my heart sinks a little more. I've never followed a crime quite so avidly before and it is having a profound effect on how I look at Thailand as a whole. I came to Thailand about 10 years ago because I loved it and wanted to live here, now I'm sick of it and can't wait to leave (next month with my Thai wife and daughter). Something has shifted here in the last 5 years or so, even Thais feel this. This is not the happy-smiley country it once was and it's getting uglier by the day. I personally won't be sorry to leave. This murder case has really been the last straw for me. It really is an appalling state of affairs. It just makes me depressed now.

Have you considered that the reason you find this so distressing is not because of the atrocity itself, but rather because you have been exposed to the vitriol of so many people with their own agenda, hubris and ego their main concern - not, as they profess with hysterical outrage, knowing anything. This is the modern world where everyone thinks it is their right to say anything, no matter how inaccurate, damning and plain spiteful.

So yes, I am also disgusted with this horrible crime, but unlike you I do not find this indicative of Thailand, nor Thai people. Whoever committed the crime is sick, and I truly hope justice is eventually served. But I am not going to be melodramatically screaming for results when many, many murder cases are never solved, or are solved years later.

This forum is just a platform for sick wannabees lately... Learn some respect.

The horrible crime is not indicative of Thailand or the Thai people. The ready acceptance of police lies, corruption, incompetence is. As is the readiness to believe what you want to believe. "They wouldn't have been murdered if they had not come, no Thai would do this, must be foreigner" syndrome.

Thai culture doesn't like conflict or accept being criticized. So a solution has the be found that avoids both, rather than one that relentlessly seeks out the truth. Add to that the influence of wealthy, powerful people, under the patronage feudal hierarchies that exist and you get more of an appreciation. Those with money, power, influence or from the right families are treated very differently than those who aren't. Non Thais receive very different treatment,

The fact that a very senior policeman can publicly state that evidence proves it was two Thai nationals, one of whom is arrested and the other on the run, and then a few days later the very (almost too) quick DNA test on one, and sudden appearance of witnesses claiming the other was in BKK at the time completely clears them. The bother/father of them then offers the police ThB 1m if they can prove his family was involved - nicely restoring family face and cementing his control over locals by showing his ability to directly challenge police authority. Gives an idea of some of the games being played - all driven by money. You think this is good in a society?

This forum is a discussion forum - not your personal forum where you set the rules, and decide what is acceptable or not. Learn some manners,

So, to summarize you are saying it is indicative of Thai people that they readily accept and condone corruption? How much choice have common people ever had in the say of what rules are enforced - has there ever been fair and honest governance here? How many coups does it take to show that those put in power are not 'nation-building'. Naive voters believe the lies and deceit their false promises offer. If anything education is the main problem here but nobody is interested in talking about that - far too boring. No gory details or opportunities for wild speculation.

High society people, the 'elite' are using positions of privilege to influence policy and procedure, while the vast majority of Thais have no say, and only suffer the corruption. To blame all Thais as though they are complicit is akin to blaming all Germans for their nation's prior atrocities.

The Thais as a nation are just as much a victim as anyone else, so people who just have to point a finger should take more care in pointing it in the right direction. But don't forget - it is rude to point in the first place... Definitely 'bad manners'.

• Like 1

1: I have no idea but just because a country doesn't have an extradition treaty with another country,

does that mean they will never extradite anyone to a country they have no extradition treaty?

2: I live since nearly 40 years on this islands (with short interruptions) and although I know quite a

few, I had never the desire or the need to get involved with the "dark side" of this islands.

Not saying all do mate but there are still questions to be answered, maybe will all come out soon when he sells his story.

Just don't understand why he was not kept back for further questioning.

• Like 1

With every new "development" my heart sinks a little more. I've never followed a crime quite so avidly before and it is having a profound effect on how I look at Thailand as a whole. I came to Thailand about 10 years ago because I loved it and wanted to live here, now I'm sick of it and can't wait to leave (next month with my Thai wife and daughter). Something has shifted here in the last 5 years or so, even Thais feel this. This is not the happy-smiley country it once was and it's getting uglier by the day. I personally won't be sorry to leave. This murder case has really been the last straw for me. It really is an appalling state of affairs. It just makes me depressed now.

Have you considered that the reason you find this so distressing is not because of the atrocity itself, but rather because you have been exposed to the vitriol of so many people with their own agenda, hubris and ego their main concern - not, as they profess with hysterical outrage, knowing anything. This is the modern world where everyone thinks it is their right to say anything, no matter how inaccurate, damning and plain spiteful.

So yes, I am also disgusted with this horrible crime, but unlike you I do not find this indicative of Thailand, nor Thai people. Whoever committed the crime is sick, and I truly hope justice is eventually served. But I am not going to be melodramatically screaming for results when many, many murder cases are never solved, or are solved years later.

The horrible crime is not indicative of Thailand or the Thai people. The ready acceptance of police lies, corruption, incompetence is. As is the readiness to believe what you want to believe. "They wouldn't have been murdered if they had not come, no Thai would do this, must be foreigner" syndrome.

Thai culture doesn't like conflict or accept being criticized. So a solution has the be found that avoids both, rather than one that relentlessly seeks out the truth. Add to that the influence of wealthy, powerful people, under the patronage feudal hierarchies that exist and you get more of an appreciation. Those with money, power, influence or from the right families are treated very differently than those who aren't. Non Thais receive very different treatment,

The fact that a very senior policeman can publicly state that evidence proves it was two Thai nationals, one of whom is arrested and the other on the run, and then a few days later the very (almost too) quick DNA test on one, and sudden appearance of witnesses claiming the other was in BKK at the time completely clears them. The bother/father of them then offers the police ThB 1m if they can prove his family was involved - nicely restoring family face and cementing his control over locals by showing his ability to directly challenge police authority. Gives an idea of some of the games being played - all driven by money. You think this is good in a society?

This forum is a discussion forum - not your personal forum where you set the rules, and decide what is acceptable or not. Learn some manners,

The crime might be attributable to human universal failure. That said, the statistics on murder in Thailand, show that not all countries are created equal.

So, I do believe that this type of crime is more likely in Thailand than another country. So to that extent, it is indicative of a country with a high rape and murder rate.

However the response is pure Thai.

Don't apologise for them. They didn't do it. It must have been a foreigner.

• Like 2

"Thai culture doesn't like conflict or accept being criticized. So a solution has the be found that avoids both". In other words it is an immature culture where anything can happen yet no one is ever held accountable. When westerners start accepting this morally dubious rubbish as normal behaviour the game is over. In Thailand "Thainess" trumps absolutely everything. Even from the outset before details were know the Thai PM no less stated that "Thais could never do this". This is the arrogant rotten mindset they have and all foreigners here are up against it. How much respect does Thai culture have for anything that isn't Thai ??? Learn some respect indeed !!!

• Like 1

There are a lot of sick people on this forum judging by their posts. The word foreigner, in Thailand, means someone who is not Thai. Hey guys, farangs are not the only foreigners here. You are not the center of the universe here.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment although I do understand and at one point thought the same thing. However, ask some local Thai's. Ask them, who is considered a "Falang"? I think you will be surprised to hear that it does NOT include All that are not Thai. Is there anyone else that cares to weigh in on this? If I am incorrect then I appoligise but this is my understanding based on what Thai locals have conveyed to me.

Ok, so the guy in pink shirt is owner of AC Bar. His brother is the guy on the left on the other photos and also the guy recorded on the CCTV photo.

No! My understanding is that the guy running in the CCTV had tattoos where the other Thai guy did not so the Thai guy was ruled out as being the same person. At least that is my understanding based on earlier reports.

So, to summarize you are saying it is indicative of Thai people that they readily accept and condone corruption? How much choice have common people ever had in the say of what rules are enforced - has there ever been fair and honest governance here? How many coups does it take to show that those put in power are not 'nation-building'. Naive voters believe the lies and deceit their false promises offer. If anything education is the main problem here but nobody is interested in talking about that - far too boring. No gory details or opportunities for wild speculation.

High society people, the 'elite' are using positions of privilege to influence policy and procedure, while the vast majority of Thais have no say, and only suffer the corruption. To blame all Thais as though they are complicit is akin to blaming all Germans for their nation's prior atrocities.

The Thais as a nation are just as much a victim as anyone else, so people who just have to point a finger should take more care in pointing it in the right direction. But don't forget - it is rude to point in the first place... Definitely 'bad manners'.

We do, don't we? I thought it was accepted that during that wartime period the Germans were complicit... but that's another story. On this topic, I think the Thais are lazy... surprise surprise. My (smart) wife said that the Brits (westerners all over too) should peacefully protest outside the Thai Embassy in London... or any major western city. Hold up a few signs, sing some songs, stand on a soap box, (hope it turns nasty G20 style), and draw the foreign media back into it... it's a good idea.

Leave Mon alone... he didn't do it.

If he wasn't directly involved, you can bet your St. Bernard puppy he knows who did.

Don't know what is worst??

The Thai police's alleged incompetence

or

"the know it all posters" who appoint themselves to "threadmasters", when in reality all their knowledge is built on hearsay, rumours or conspiracy theories.

When in reality all they are trying to do is to get their 15 minutes in the limelight on Thaivisa.

Respect for the victims and their families are long forgotten, with details discussed that IMO are an insult to the families. And it it not even a question about getting the case solved anymore, it is about the posters ego's. ME, me me!

This is not an issue of respect for the families. I think I can speak for all of us by saying we respect and feel for them. This is about concern about a heinous crime. That concern translates in to wanting justice. Concurrently, we're seeing a bumbling investigation. I wouldn't mind it if authorities didn't disclose their ideas on a daily basis. What troubles me is they look like they might screw it up. Not only the victims and their families need justice, but if the investigation is screwed up, there are still 2 or three murderers/rapists strolling around with smirks on their faces - gaining confidence they can do it again .....and again.

Just don't understand why he was not kept back for further questioning.

Simple: he could contribute to nailing the perpetrators, that's why.
  • Like 1