Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it even clear if Sean McAnna is still in Thailand or back home? The last thing I read was that the Thai authorities requested him to stay in Thailand, but I'm not sure if they actually forbid him leaving.

By the way, the Thai press is reporting that another foreigner - a Caucasian male - has been murdered and found in the water near Koh Samet.

Very well expressed, NCFC..........excellent post.

Sorry I dont agree on with one word ,,,,,, Most I think is concocted bull.....The only way,,, And I mean the Key is Sean Sean do this for your consceince Get of your ass and come clean, It will only get worse for you.

So If you want a boot in the backside I for one think you did it,and I am sure a lot of other people do as well. So now prove me ( us ) wrong.

There isn't even clues that Sean met David (or Hannah) the whole night?

The DNA found inside H was of 2 Asian men.

Isn't that a little far-fetched? The only thing really connects Sean to this is that two locals tried to make him a scapegoat, and he came forward about it fearing for his life and fled.

There is possibility he might know something, or have a hunch of who did it.

There's a long trip for him being a prime-suspect given the evidence thus far.

That being said I do hope the UK authorities interview him. He probably went silent for death threats or such harassment on FB, and someone told in the board (rumor) that UK authorities would had adviced him to keep quiet profile in public, and handle it with the authority. Makes sense to me.

First who are you? a friend from Sean? In interest for Sean pull him out of the hole he has hidden in, I guarantee without him there will never ever be a conviction

Is it even clear if Sean McAnna is still in Thailand or back home? The last thing I read was that the Thai authorities requested him to stay in Thailand, but I'm not sure if they actually forbid him leaving.

By the way, the Thai press is reporting that another foreigner - a Caucasian male - has been murdered and found in the water near Koh Samet.

Oh Christ. My best friend lives on Samet.

Oh Christ. My best friend lives on Samet.

Samet is owned by a nice guy, who happens to own Pat Pong too.

Just looked at pbs nothing

First who are you? a friend from Sean? In interest for Sean pull him out of the hole he has hidden in, I guarantee without him there will never ever be a conviction

No, I have nothing to do with Sean. I'm just a forum user like you, a tourist who has visited Thailand previously and is annoyed how this case has been handled, and who hopes that justice will be served for the sake of the murdered and their families.

I agree that UK authorities should talk to Sean. Maybe they already have, it just hasn't been announced publicly?

By the way, not a biggie, but these murders have been recognized elsewhere in European media too. At least in Finland, where MTV has been reporting (though without many of the gruesome details) about the case since beginning. The latest came out today, which stated (roughly translated) that "the lack of finding the perpetrators in the brutal double murder in Ko Tao is getting people frustrated, since police has stated today that they are not any more close to make arrest than before.". I don't know if the statement of what they allegedly said "today" is true? Wouldn't be a surprise though, that they have nothing, or don't want to use it.

Edited by dealthedice

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

it is best for people here to take a few steps back and understand

there are real reporters on this case now

we only need to feed them what we know, and let them do their job,

this is what is needed most now, as only a CNN or other like them can apply the international pressure we need

we must all thank the CNN reporters and keep them on this case

So, we should all tell the reporters what exactly? Our thoughts on what happened? So they can report to the rest of the world?

Speculation sells newspapers, adds to tweets, facebook pages, etc, etc, etc.

100% facts solve cases, something that nobody on TV has......................wink.png

• Like 1

Sorry I dont agree on with one word ,,,,,, Most I think is concocted bull.....The only way,,, And I mean the Key is Sean Sean do this for your consceince Get of your ass and come clean, It will only get worse for you.

So If you want a boot in the backside I for one think you did it,and I am sure a lot of other people do as well. So now prove me ( us ) wrong.

your not the guy that posed on facebook with the hoe are you?

Sean McAnna added: I loved you so &lt;deleted&gt; much brother. I know you tried to save her. You are the most honourable guy Ive ever met.

http://tab.co.uk/2014/09/16/tributes-pour-in-for-british-students-murdered-on-thai-beach-2/

Maybe he knows more. Family of David might know Sean and might have talked to him about this already. He's a key witness in this case and should be reinterviewed.

There is a substantial reward being offered to the person who provides evidence leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderers so it is little wonder that witnesses have now come forward to try to obtain this reward money

The problem is that evidence is likely to be concocted and, thereby, further muddying the already murky waters

It's becoming like the Liverpool edition of 'Cluedo' where they ALL did it!

There is a substantial reward being offered to the person who provides evidence leading to the arrest and conviction of the murderers so it is little wonder that witnesses have now come forward to try to obtain this reward money

The problem is that evidence is likely to be concocted and, thereby, further muddying the already murky waters

There are 2 rewards 700,000 baht to catch the killers and 1,000,000 baht to hand them over to the chief of the southern police.

There are 2 rewards 700,000 baht to catch the killers and 1,000,000 baht to hand them over to the chief of the southern police.
Thank you for clearing that up. We dontspeaka de engris well in dees heeer parts.

No not just yey as tomorrow is the day we will see the case solved. DNA will be back from the lab and the tourism minister promise we would have the murderers arrested and the case solved so the island can have a big party.

I don't think testing a quantity of people at the island is going to crack this case. Testing the members of that bar-owning family (Mon and his brothers) as well as their friends - will be more telling. So, don't be surprised if the headline news tomorrow on this case is this: 200 people tested, but no matches. The next step after that, is officials may round up yet more people to test, and yield yet more non-matches. It's yet another stall tactic (orchestrated, at least partly, by the VIP family which, with their associates, should be the prime suspects) - all the while hoping the general public will either tire of this case and/or another big story will grab the headlines.
  • Like 1

One of Sean's photos from Koh Tao. The man on the left looks remarkably like the man caught walking, and running in the CCTV. I find Sean's choice of words continually odd. Such as, wanting to kill us all one by one.

This Sean needs rounding up.

One of Sean's photos from Koh Tao. The man on the left looks remarkably like the man caught walking, and running in the CCTV. I find Sean's choice of words continually odd. Such as, wanting to kill us all one by one.

handing himself in and volunteering dna not enough for you?

• Like 1

handing himself in and volunteering dna not enough for you?

Guitar blood needs eliminating.

White male found, approx. 50 years old, height 167cm. head/neck injury

White male found, approx. 50 years old, height 167cm. head/neck injury

Any links?

Fit's my friends description.

Edited by MJP

I agree with NCFC and I don't agree with green job about Sean. If he was guilty of something serious, he wouldn't have voluntarily put himself in the middle of the whirlwind. He would have laid as low as possible. He may not be the kind of guy you'd want babysitting your daughters, but that's beside the point. It's not a popularity contest. It's about arresting, trying, convicting and punishing the rapists/killers. I do hope he gives testimony, even if it's in absentia.

If Thai officials were serious about apprehending the culprits (which doesn't appear clear they are, at this time) then they would send some officials to do a video-taped interview with Sean. If he's spooked by any Thais searching for him, it's completely understandable. Perhaps they could set up an interview at the British embassy somewhere. At the least, he should send a sworn affidavit to officials. In the US, they call something like that; "friend of the court." If so, he should also send a copy to the press corps, because Thai officials might act like they never received it - because it won't likely be pleasing for island VIPs.

Sean McAnna has already spoken to Embassy officials. If the Thais want to proceed against him (They could have stopped him leaving btw) then British police would have to do the interview - not Thai police. The British police should also, if they have not done so, request the DNA results on the suspected killers. It appears the independent forensic analysts are not being told the names of the people they are DNA testing. That puts the power into the hands of the local police.

• Like 2