Plastic screw anchors

sunoco27

That seems to be the only kind available in Thailand. I brought up a bulk lot of green and red RAWL/Ramset plugs from Oz, as I think they're much sturdier. Colour coded to fit different sized masonry drill holes.

Maybe you could try Home Pro. The solid ones seem to be more suited to brickwork and concrete, and the others for plasterboard.

http://www.ramset.com.au/Product/Detail/75/Plastic-Plugs-Spaghetti

Very common and sold in all hardware stores. Fuuk I think they are called. The poor man's way is after you drill your hole slightly larger fill it with a small piece of wood and then screw as you normally would. Works like a charm if you run out of the plastic ones.

Very common and sold in all hardware stores. Fuuk I think they are called. The poor man's way is after you drill your hole slightly larger fill it with a small piece of wood and then screw as you normally would. Works like a charm if you run out of the plastic ones.

Thats how they did it years ago before the 'wall plugs' were invented. I have found many like this in my old UK home which was built in 1890.

As said sold everywhere - buy the proper size drill bit. They are also sold in most supermarkets and such along with matching screws in plastic package of various sizes. But if you just need the plastic anchors they are extremely cheap in large containers in Home Pro type stores. For normal photo hanging and such the small versions work fine.

55344.jpg

For the wife change of mind repairs containers of ready to use cement/putty to fill empty holes is also easily available for about 40 baht and works good.

58877.jpg

• 8 months later...

If you want to fix something into a plasterboard wall or a ceiling then personally I think these are the best. They have a cross head and you simply screw them in with a pozi screwdriver then fix your screw or ring hook etc into the cross head.

I had some last year but when I needed again not too long ago, couldnt find them anywhere. Next best thing for plasterboard are expanding/butterfly anchors but not too easy to fit as you need to make your pilot hole exactly the size of the neck to then whack it home with the hammer

if anyone seen these out and about let me know I will stock up on them

post-150623-0-09228400-1433246390_thumb.

Eyecatcher, I agree with you 100 percent. They are fantastic for plasterboard. Have used them a lot in my house back in NZ but have never seen them here. Similar story in regards to toggle bolts. Very easy to get in both NZ or Aussie and in various sizes. I did see some very small toggle bolts in Global about a year ago but they were only good to hold something under 500 grams.....pretty close to useless.

The plastic type plugs for plasterboard that have the wings are ok if youre desperate, but can be a bit awkward to install.

But again these screw type are the bees knees if you can find them.

They are like God, they`re everywhere.

2 shops at the rear of Hang Dong Market, all the main supermarkets, Home Pro, Global House, Makro, some local markets, the cheap fancy goods and hardware stalls and shops and too many more to mention.

If you are talking a current LED model TV do you really need extra large screws as they weight less than most LED computers monitors did a few years ago. There is almost no weight anymore.

A similar method to using the self-made wooden plug is to plug the hole with matchsticks. That way you can ensure a good fit and, with care, the screw can be centrally placed.

Bamboo toothpicks, stronger than local matchsticks.[emoji2]