Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs reminds Thais to welcome tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Convincing Thais to be nice to tourists is the easy part. Convincing tourists to holiday in a country under military rule and martial law is the challenge.

Convincing tourists to come to a country where the military cleaned up the streets from pro-anti government protesters, cowards attacking in the night seems easier than convincing some posters here that stating their opinion as fact isn't really helpful.

By the time the rainy season is finally finished tourists will come back. That is assuming there are no blocking problems to distract them. Like 'ebola', 'ISIS', Ukrany, global meltdown, aliens invading.

"stating opinions as fact", I assume you refer to my statement that tourists are reluctant to holiday in a country under military rule and martial law. Let's call it an informed opinion. Do you disagree with it?

Guy just raped a Russian girl in Phuket. What Thailand needs to do is set an example. Ship this guy off to a US prison for a year. He will understand all about rape. And maybe they too will be overly excited and not stop at two times.

Sick bastard !

Thailand is not safe !

Edited by ttthailand

Guy just raped a Russian girl in Phuket. What Thailand needs to do is set an example. Ship this guy off to a US prison for a year. He will understand all about rape. And maybe they too will be overly excited and not stop at two times.

Sick bastard !

Thailand is not safe !

It should be made clear that it was a THAI guy that raped the poor Russian girl.

Welcome to Thailand!

Thats charming and so very reassuring to know we will be given special treatment including safety measures.

However, lets not forget the brutality of the murders and poor police work around the crime and investigation.

This may be a greater consideration than promises it won't reoccur again soon

The last Date/Rape on the islands was two years ago, soon forgotten it seems. Except by those involved who may suffer from the ordeal for the rest of their life.

It would indeed seem that PM Prayut needs to make reform of the police force one of his priorities. Mind you there's so much to do and so little time.

"so much to do": Moving sunbeds, writing constitutions and Soaps, adjusting attitudes, apologizing to victim`s families, guiding TAT with catchy slogans and on it goes.

"so little time", Some may hope so.

"reform of the police" ? Done already, Aug 20th this year when guess who appointed a new Police Commissioner General?

And who, as PM, is Supreme Commander of the Police Department? Right again.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

Mutual respect foreignors to Thais and Thais to foreignors

Respect should be earned .

From the viewpoint of a normal tourist who spend his 2 weeks in Thailand:

No they don't need to have their respect earned. They pay for good service. They aren't welcomed as guests who get something for free.

They pay and usually they pay more than it is worth and they give millions of Thais a good income. So they don't need to proof themself first.

• Like 1

Sick bastard !

Thailand is not safe !

So your idea is to rape rapists so they understand their wrongdoing blink.png

• Like 1

Why does almost everyone expect the RT Police to be working to the same levels as some of the most developed nations in the world?

Its like expecting two nations armies to be equally capable.

Often the Thai police works better than in other countries. On every motorbike stand is usually 1 that is connected with the police.

Many small criminals get free, if they spy for the police. So they close their eyes on small things, but if something major happens they have a very good network on informations.

Just on Koh Tao there isn't a single policeman. That is the fault of the politics not of the police.

Convincing Thais to be nice to tourists is the easy part. Convincing tourists to holiday in a country under military rule and martial law is the challenge.

Not sure that's true. The tourists, before the KT murders, were coming to holiday while the military were in control. The publicity since then may have caused many to pause for thought.

Sick bastard !

Thailand is not safe !

So your idea is to rape rapists so they understand their wrongdoing blink.png

Give them a sample of what they do Or Shoot them in the head as far as I am concerned.

These are not people only trash

The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs has repeated the need for Thais to be good hosts and welcome tourists to Thailand which is one of the world's favorite holiday destinations, with warmth and an assurance of their safety.

Yes, must smile and stop killing people lest the moneypot empties.

ouch! Right to the point. Nice one.

Why does almost everyone expect the RT Police to be working to the same levels as some of the most developed nations in the world?

Its like expecting two nations armies to be equally capable.

Often the Thai police works better than in other countries. On every motorbike stand is usually 1 that is connected with the police.

Many small criminals get free, if they spy for the police. So they close their eyes on small things, but if something major happens they have a very good network on informations.

Just on Koh Tao there isn't a single policeman. That is the fault of the politics not of the police.

Think you`ll find quite a few policemen there now. Prior to latest tragic murders there were at least 3. There is a police station 75 meters from crime scene.

"fault of politics, not the police."? One and the same under the new management. They appointed the new Police Commander General and PM is Supreme Commander of Police Department.

Such naivety.

The best way out of this mess is to apprehend the guilty parties.

To think that a warm welcome will make tourists forget that a couple has been raped and murdered and the system has allowed the perpetrators to get off scot free is breathtaking.

Thailand is a nation where reality is denied on a scale that is almost unimaginable in this modern day and age.

The coming awakening is going to be mind blowing for not just the elites of this nation, but for nearly every single man, woman and child.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mutual respect foreignors to Thais and Thais to foreignors

Respect should be earned .

So should tourist's money...be earned...not stolen by corrupt business practices...

Thats charming and so very reassuring to know we will be given special treatment including safety measures.

However, lets not forget the brutality of the murders and poor police work around the crime and investigation.

The last Date/Rape on the islands was two years ago, soon forgotten it seems. Except by those involved who may suffer from the ordeal for the rest of their life.

It would indeed seem that PM Prayut needs to make reform of the police force one of his priorities. Mind you there's so much to do and so little time.

"so much to do": Moving sunbeds, writing constitutions and Soaps, adjusting attitudes, apologizing to victim`s families, guiding TAT with catchy slogans and on it goes.

"reform of the police" ? Done already, Aug 20th this year when guess who appointed a new Police Commissioner General?

If you think that the old system should be maintained, if you think the old ideas on 'law enforcement' should be maintained, it would seem you don't want reforms.

Reforms are a change of mindset, a change of attitude. The musings of someone who retired from the police force in 1990 may just make it clear why those reforms are necessary.

BTW the main complaint from the former police chap seems to be about ignoring seniority. He seems very careful not to say he thinks the promotee is unsuitable, but the mention of 'losing motivation' on having better man promoted seem a bit far off. IMHO

BS.................. they cant assure anything.

They can, they just did. Same like any of the previous governments.

ahh so your excuse is they are just like any of the previous governments....

They cant assure anything, they can lie and hope but thats about it

So they are the same, same lies, same BS, same selfish agenda, same corruption .... same same as all the others,

So that tells us colours dont matter, none of the political BS really matters. they are all as full of lies and BS as each other...

And military intervention never changes a thing about it other than whos nose is in the trough. Just as many of us already know.

Thanks for clarifying that ...thumbsup.gif

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

So they are the same, same lies, same BS, same selfish agenda, same corruption .... same same as all the others,

So that tells us colours dont matter, none of the political BS really matters. they are all as full of lies and BS as each other...

And military intervention never changes a thing about it other than whos nose is in the trough. Just as many of us already know.

My excuse ? My clarification?

reading your reply you didn't really need me for your little rant.

Dont attempt to refute me though I notice. whistling.gif

Yes excuse, you often use the past gov failings to excuse the present ones as no worse than previous etc etc . Thats not an improvement or anything to boast about.

indeed nothing has changed at all really, just the faces.

Which most of us know is all it ever is here... same BS different talking heads thats all.

You clarified that so thanks.

• Like 1

Dont attempt to refute me though I notice. whistling.gif

Yes excuse, you often use the past gov failings to excuse the present ones as no worse than previous etc etc . Thats not an improvement or anything to boast about.

indeed nothing has changed at all really, just the faces.

Which most of us know is all it ever is here... same BS different talking heads thats all.

You clarified that so thanks.

I clarified nothing.

I only said that your "they cant assure anything"" is incorrect as they just did. I didn't say anything on whether or not they would be able to deliver on that assurance neither did I comment with what I thought about such assurance.

As such you seem to talk to yourself and slapping yourself on your own shoulder for being so remarkedly clever. IMHO.

Most Thais are taught by their parents to dislike and mistrust foreigners from an early age. How does one go from this mentality to one of genuine welcoming warmth without the focus just being on the wallet? If tourists could understand what Thais are saying about them behind their backs, no-one would ever come here.

I was going to write something to strongly refute your comment. Instead I'll just say I feel sorry for you that you live in your dellusional world and hold these hateful opinions.

Sick bastard !

Thailand is not safe !

and the USA is definitely not safe either

Most Thais are taught by their parents to dislike and mistrust foreigners from an early age. How does one go from this mentality to one of genuine welcoming warmth without the focus just being on the wallet? If tourists could understand what Thais are saying about them behind their backs, no-one would ever come here.

You just hit the nail on the head, absolutely right

If you think that the old system should be maintained, if you think the old ideas on 'law enforcement' should be maintained, it would seem you don't want reforms.

Reforms are a change of mindset, a change of attitude. The musings of someone who retired from the police force in 1990 may just make it clear why those reforms are necessary.

BTW the main complaint from the former police chap seems to be about ignoring seniority. He seems very careful not to say he thinks the promotee is unsuitable, but the mention of 'losing motivation' on having better man promoted seem a bit far off. IMHO

Because some see that a military regime may be worse than what it replaced, does not mean they are rabid red supporters They may just hold to the principle that democracies with free and fair elections, whether you like the results or not, are the lesser of two evils.

"Reforms"? You mean prohibitions, the silencing of debate, the criminalisation of dissent? "change of mindset, a change of attitude." Now you`re talking, "attitude adjustment". by threat of force, The cultural revolution had "re-education camps" so might as well go the whole hog.

"Musings" eh? I thought you would love Pol Gen Vasit as he is a died-in-the -yellow-wool "Democrat" His conclusion: "Police Reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police." Not sure about "no longer" but his point is well made. Of course he is careful not to overtly criticise the appointment or anything else, he does not want his family or himself to be "summonsed" for a dose of "attitude adjustment".

Did the new management appoint a new Police Commissioner General? Is the self-appointed PM Supreme Commander of the Police Department? Yes. I provided the link as the source for that and the chronology, not for the interesting opinions of Pol General Vasit

Who funds Police Region 8? Why does the BBC SE Asian Correspondent tweet quoting Gen Panya saying that they have insufficient funds to complete DNA testing?

Back on topic, Welcome to Thailand where life`s a beeach and then ............

http://twitter.com/pakhead