Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs reminds Thais to welcome tourists

Lite Beer

Because some see that a military regime may be worse than what it replaced, does not mean they are rabid red supporters They may just hold to the principle that democracies with free and fair elections, whether you like the results or not, are the lesser of two evils.

"Reforms"? You mean prohibitions, the silencing of debate, the criminalisation of dissent? "change of mindset, a change of attitude." Now you`re talking, "attitude adjustment". by threat of force, The cultural revolution had "re-education camps" so might as well go the whole hog.

"Musings" eh? I thought you would love Pol Gen Vasit as he is a died-in-the -yellow-wool "Democrat" His conclusion: "Police Reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police." Not sure about "no longer" but his point is well made. Of course he is careful not to overtly criticise the appointment or anything else, he does not want his family or himself to be "summonsed" for a dose of "attitude adjustment".

Did the new management appoint a new Police Commissioner General? Is the self-appointed PM Supreme Commander of the Police Department? Yes. I provided the link as the source for that and the chronology, not for the interesting opinions of Pol General Vasit

Who funds Police Region 8? Why does the BBC SE Asian Correspondent tweet quoting Gen Panya saying that they have insufficient funds to complete DNA testing?

Back on topic, Welcome to Thailand where life`s a beeach and then ............

http://twitter.com/pakhead

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

After yet another succesful distraction and diversion by some seemingly less pro NCPO posters, let's skip the BS and return to the topic of

"Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs reminds Thais to welcome tourists"

Not as interesting as opinions of democracy, I must admit, but since the Dept. MoFA has been described as non-military, career diplomat, anything he says should be much more believable of course.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Convincing Thais to be nice to tourists is the easy part. Convincing tourists to holiday in a country under military rule and martial law is the challenge.

What utter nonsense .

Right, I'm sure a great many tourist will find military rule and martial law reassuring. They probably look for countries with these conditions. Perhaps TAT can work it into their promotions.

Most Thais are taught by their parents to dislike and mistrust foreigners from an early age. How does one go from this mentality to one of genuine welcoming warmth without the focus just being on the wallet? If tourists could understand what Thais are saying about them behind their backs, no-one would ever come here.

I was going to write something to strongly refute your comment. Instead I'll just say I feel sorry for you that you live in your dellusional world and hold these hateful opinions.

Can you speak Thai ? I suggest it probably not great because if you could then youd be not so fast to call it delusional I can assure you...

If you cant speak fluent Thai or understand some of the dialects how can you know what they say ? it is likely the delusional view is all yours...

Id prefer you to be right but unfortunately what Jeremy wrote is all too common and true.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Most Thais are taught by their parents to dislike and mistrust foreigners from an early age. How does one go from this mentality to one of genuine welcoming warmth without the focus just being on the wallet? If tourists could understand what Thais are saying about them behind their backs, no-one would ever come here.

What utter BS. If thats how you feel what are you doing here. Not my experience of the Thai people at all. They more than welcome me as family. GO HOME if u dont like it here

I've been to over 40 countries, and for me there are no other alternatives.

Thailand has some of the cheapest hotels, you could get a quite nice room for 100 usd a night here, in most countries you'Ll get lame rooms for this price. Vietnam won't be replacing Thailand anytime soon, it has a strict visa policy, I mean who would go through the hassle to get a visa, when most of the west travels to Thailand visa free?

27/9 Man arrested on Phuket for raping a 29 year old Russian woman..........

excuse he had ??? he didnt think she would report it and was drunk.

Nice welcome ? ............. hows that for one ?

More wood on the fire,

I read the part about pretty women shouldn't wear bikinis but the ugly ones can, pretty sick comment

This is a big part of the problem,

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand,

but there are blocks upon blocks of bars with Bikini clad girls, some performing lewd shows all for the tourist dollar, all or most of them are quite happy to be taken home for the night or a short time but in 90% of these places Thai men are not even welcome in the door let alone be entertained by the working girls,

Most Thai women don't want to have anything to do with Thai men,

Many have a reputation for having very short tempers, they are violent and bad drunks and have as many girls as they like/can.

Is it obvious that Thai men despise western men for this,I have seen many such incidents,

It is also clear to see why they would target western women,

These are the rules here and will never change...sad but true.

27/9 Man arrested on Phuket for raping a 29 year old Russian woman..........

excuse he had ??? he didnt think she would report it and was drunk.

Nice welcome ? ............. hows that for one ?

More wood on the fire,

I read the part about pretty women shouldn't wear bikinis but the ugly ones can, pretty sick comment

This is a big part of the problem,

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand,

but there are blocks upon blocks of bars with Bikini clad girls, some performing lewd shows all for the tourist dollar, all or most of them are quite happy to be taken home for the night or a short time but in 90% of these places Thai men are not even welcome in the door let alone be entertained by the working girls,

Most Thai women don't want to have anything to do with Thai men,

Many have a reputation for having very short tempers, they are violent and bad drunks and have as many girls as they like/can.

Is it obvious that Thai men despise western men for this,I have seen many such incidents,

It is also clear to see why they would target western women,

These are the rules here and will never change...sad but true.

Thai men are jealous that foreigners are screwing Thai prostitutes?

Don't think so, it's not really wife material that they're being denied here.

"Most Thai women don't want to have anything to do with Thai men" is the only statement I've come across that is more ridiculous than "most Thais are happy with the current political situation".

When it comes to the west, Thais of all walks of life have an inferiority complex - thus the proliferation of skin whiteners and nose jobs.

Because some see that a military regime may be worse than what it replaced, does not mean they are rabid red supporters They may just hold to the principle that democracies with free and fair elections, whether you like the results or not, are the lesser of two evils.

"Reforms"? You mean prohibitions, the silencing of debate, the criminalisation of dissent? "change of mindset, a change of attitude." Now you`re talking, "attitude adjustment". by threat of force, The cultural revolution had "re-education camps" so might as well go the whole hog.

"Musings" eh? I thought you would love Pol Gen Vasit as he is a died-in-the -yellow-wool "Democrat" His conclusion: "Police Reform will not be possible. Honest and decent people will no longer be able to depend upon the Police." Not sure about "no longer" but his point is well made. Of course he is careful not to overtly criticise the appointment or anything else, he does not want his family or himself to be "summonsed" for a dose of "attitude adjustment".

Did the new management appoint a new Police Commissioner General? Is the self-appointed PM Supreme Commander of the Police Department? Yes. I provided the link as the source for that and the chronology, not for the interesting opinions of Pol General Vasit

Who funds Police Region 8? Why does the BBC SE Asian Correspondent tweet quoting Gen Panya saying that they have insufficient funds to complete DNA testing?

Back on topic, Welcome to Thailand where life`s a beeach and then ............

http://twitter.com/pakhead

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

After yet another succesful distraction and diversion by some seemingly less pro NCPO posters, let's skip the BS and return to the topic of

"Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs reminds Thais to welcome tourists"

Not as interesting as opinions of democracy, I must admit, but since the Dept. MoFA has been described as non-military, career diplomat, anything he says should be much more believable of course.

As to being "more believable", some may say that depends on who appointed his boss, General Tanasak, as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

The good general Tanasak and the good general Prayuth are good friends and former classmates.

Patronage, Cronyism and Nepotism rank high on the reform list as always. Same as it ever was.

Mutual respect foreignors to Thais and Thais to foreignors

Respect should be earned .

So, thus if a client is obnoxious, the waiter and ownwet have the right to do what?

Sorry, but I have never heard such utter nonsense in my life. As a paying customer, you don't have time to earn respect. That's why you are paying for it.

As long as no one is insulted, the client is automatically due respect. AUTOMATICALLY. If the supplier demands to be respected, I would suggest he get out of the hospitality trade.

• Like 1