Using Paypal when website has no Paypal logo.

jack2964

I am attempting to make a payment via my Paypal account to a Japanese online retailer who accepts Paypal.

On all my previous online purchases e.g Ebay, I have simply clicked on the Paypal logo and then would be redirected to logon to my account and make the payment. Simple.

This retailer I am dealing with has no Paypal logo to click on. So do I logon to my account and select 'Send Money' tab and then enter email address of retailer and amount due?

This is the first time I am dealing with a retailer without a 'clickable' Paypal logo and hope someone who has done so before can show me how it is.

I have of course communicated several times with the seller but he doesn't seem to understand what I am on about.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that's true. Early on, paypal's big advertising slogan was "send money to anyone with an email address. Then paypal emailed them and they had to click a link in the email, create an account with that email, and only then could they access the money.

I wouldn't do it though to someone who didn't have a verified paypal email address.

The seller is a reputable one as far as I can tell from reading forum posts of members (not TV) who have bought stuff off him before.

He only accepts Paypal which means he has an account.

I'll ask for a Paypal invoice as suggested by ATF.

Thanks for feedback.

Issue successfully resolved. Seller has sent me a Paypal invoice.

Confusion arose due partly due to my not having dealt with Paypal in this manner and seller who kept asking for my Paypal account when in fact he meant to ask for my email address which is linked to Paypal. There isn't an account number associated with Paypal as such.

Thanks all who offered help.

• Like 1