'some Good Advice Please'.

Hi good people,

I've very recently married a Thai national and now i'm hoping to get a 'non-immagrant o' visa.I have read some of the changes in this post but i'm still not sure what applies to me.

If i get 200,000 bt transfered into a thai bank account along with the marriage certificate and her ID then apply for the 3 month visa(very soon)then extend it before July 10th.Will this mean the current laws apply to me for good?

Obviously i'm looking for the easiest solution due to the tough new laws and i will have to do whatever is required to stay with my wife in Thailand.

If anybody can help me with some clear steps on what to do i would appreciate it greatly.And if my theory is correct, can i apply in Bangkok or outside Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

First get marriage certificate, wife's id card and note from her that you are still married and go to Penang (or other consulate) outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa (you only need single entry but is good idea to get multi just in case as not that much more expensive). Then when you have less than 30 days remaining on you 90 day visit (May) you go to an immigration office to apply for yearly extension of stay on basis of support. That is were you will need money in the bank and it will probably be 200k rather than the new 400k and remain at that level (200k) level. Get the visa now - money is not required for that.

First get marriage certificate, wife's id card and note from her that you are still married and go to Penang (or other consulate) outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa

I see that most are saying you need "your wife's ID card". Are you saying that if you do a run on your own to Penang you must take wifey's ID card and she remains at home without her ID? I thought a photo copy would be enough. Which is correct please? Thanks.

First get marriage certificate, wife's id card and note from her that you are still married and go to Penang (or other consulate) outside Thailand to obtain a non immigrant O visa

I see that most are saying you need "your wife's ID card". Are you saying that if you do a run on your own to Penang you must take wifey's ID card and she remains at home without her ID? I thought a photo copy would be enough. Which is correct please? Thanks.

They will PROBABLY accept a copy. You could take her with you.

Dr PP

If a farang woman marries a thai national how much does she need to show the officials?

200k, 400k or that she can cook a mighty fine tom yum gai?

:o

Iam engaged (will be married soon) and wondering what i need to prove when we go to penang in june. thanks!

Dr PP

If a farang woman marries a thai national how much does she need to show the officials?

200k, 400k or that she can cook a mighty fine tom yum gai?

:D

Iam engaged (will be married soon) and wondering what i need to prove when we go to penang in june. thanks!

Immigration will consider the Thai man to be the breadwinner. You've arrived in the midst of a patriarchal society :o The science of Tom Yum making will hold you in good staid if you take a container full into Immigration when you go on in there.

Thanks DR PP

I'll make it Pet Pet... :D

Why is it such a pain in the arse for Farang Men here? It dose seem that if a gal like me can find a good one ( A thai man ) which are far and few between from what i've seen. It is real easy to take care of all this visa/work/life stuff that we farangs need to do to live here. Maybe I'm still green, living here only 2 years, but it sure doesn't seem fair to my farang brothers. :o

Thanks DR PP

I'll make it Pet Pet... :D

Why is it such a pain in the arse for Farang Men here?  It dose seem that if a gal like me can find a good one ( A thai man ) which are far and few between from what i've seen. It is real easy to take care of all this visa/work/life stuff that we farangs need to do to live here. Maybe I'm still green, living here only 2 years, but it sure doesn't seem fair to my farang brothers.  :o

The Constitutional Court looked at the matter for farang men last year, but the decision went against them. Many farang guys don't do themselves a lot of favors with the bureacracy. Some turn up at Immigration half pissed and in a singlet and grubby shorts etc, and I am sure in your couple of years here, you learnt that ain't the way to accord them the measure of respect they expect.

They will PROBABLY accept a copy. You could take her with you.

make sure the copy has been signed by your wife!

a copy of ALL pages of the house registration book, also signed (every page), is very helpful.

opalhort