TAT, Single Visa hopes to help boost tourism UN admires Thai for speedy recovery

webfact

Don't see that implemented tomorrow...

Cambodia 20 USD visa.

Thailand Visa on arrival free...

Going to need to agree on payment or not... Then who keeps the money....

Anyway TAT plans ... Should be ready for 2025... rolleyes.gif

------

Also might become a hard hit for Visa runners if it ever works...

Tomorrow onwards Cambodia charge USD 30.- for Tourism Visa.

Serious, no joke.

Why TAT does not get it, their ideas are besides the point.

Edited by Thai Visa Service

It is the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) - not two separate bodies. The UNWTO is another worthless, self-gratifying organization that TAT loves because the UNWTO considers anyone that enters a country for less than one year to be a tourist allowing for the foreign tourist arrival numbers in Thailand to skyrocket.

Don't see that implemented tomorrow...

Cambodia 20 USD visa.

Thailand Visa on arrival free...

Going to need to agree on payment or not... Then who keeps the money....

Anyway TAT plans ... Should be ready for 2025... rolleyes.gif

------

Also might become a hard hit for Visa runners if it ever works...

I think Thailand has a 30 day visa waiver ie not a 30 day visa for free, so if this ever gets implemented tourists will need to buy a 60 day Tourist Visa if they want to visit multiple countries.

Visa runners will just have to get the correct visa and then won't need to exit so often - can still go overland to Malaysia

• Like 1

UN as in Kim Jong Un?

That's kind of sweet of the Dear Leader with the bad hairdo.

Will people with longer term permits to stay in Thailand (through work permits/retirement/marriage)

be able to benefit if this ever gets implemented?

while the United Nations and the World Tourism Organization have expressed admiration

Do the UN really care?

What do the UN really do?

I hear there name banded about with jaunts to different countries.

But do they ever achieve anything?

Obviously the Thai's think so they name the UN enough times to legitamise certain policies and actions!

Thailand is the biggest winner here because virtually all the incoming tourists land here first, so there's a fail-safe in a tourists mind to get a thai visa, and then use it fo Cambodia, etc. Thailand gets the visa fees, what does Cambodia get ? ;)

so can i get a one year cambodian business visa and go in & out of thailand ?

Good question. Also if someone were PNG (overstayed whatever) in one of the 5 countries, would they be good to go in the other 4? etc etc. Can`t see this ever happening, this is not the EU.

while the United Nations and the World Tourism Organization have expressed admiration

Do the UN really care?

What do the UN really do?

I hear there name banded about with jaunts to different countries.

But do they ever achieve anything?

Obviously the Thai's think so they name the UN enough times to legitamise certain policies and actions!

Quite so.....yet the General declined to represent the country at the current session of the General Assembly.

If they work it out to have one visa for all five it will for sure boost tourism from Europe. Arriving at swampy and a few days later make a trip to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat will be as simple as flying to CM. No worries about extra visa then.

What a bull... Cambodian visa can be obtained on arrival in 10 min 20 USD, the same about Virtnam - 35 USD, as far as I know Lao does the same... So it's matter of money and I doubt that those contries will agree provide 80% discont! (5 visa for price of one) Unless the visa price will be 200USD and in that case it has no sence, better get ones (2-3) you really plan to visit...

Edited by GertrudeL

If they work it out to have one visa for all five it will for sure boost tourism from Europe. Arriving at swampy and a few days later make a trip to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat will be as simple as flying to CM. No worries about extra visa then.

What a bull... Cambodian visa can be obtained on arrival in 10 min 20 USD, the same about Virtnam - 35 USD, as far as I know Lao does the same... So it's matter of money and I doubt that those contries will agree provide 80% discont! (5 visa for price of one) Unless the visa price will be 200USD and in that case it has no sence, better get ones (2-3) you really plan to visit...

When a plane unloads it takes way much more time than 10 minutes for the uniforms to deal with the visas. Last june it took close to an hour before our family of three could leave the airport and we were not the last to leave the plane.

Quite so.....yet the General declined to represent the country at the current session of the General Assembly.

Probably because the UN were never going to congratulate or express admiration for the current leardership or their policies!