Thai police pursuing 3 suspects in British couple's murder

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Its going to be very tough to beat a confession out of someone now methinks with the media glare on this case....added to tampering with DNA evidence and getting a court to look the other way for a week or more.......tough tough job.

Might be easier to just arrest the real perps......

Fully agree with that Smokie.

The time for bribes and manipulating evidence has long gone. The entire event is out of the local police's hands, and no matter how influential the local families think they are, they don't have the pull over the Bkk investigators.

Problem I have is that due to pressure to produce results as fast as possible, shortcuts are going to be made and the possibility of someone wrongly accused followed by a swift court case increases dramatically.

Assuming of course that they have any substantial evidence against any known suspect/suspects.

"Investigators Sunday seized three guitars from a shelter of Myanmar workers for examination. One of them was hidden without anyone admitting ownership but the other two had owners, police sources said."

From the above description, it is difficult to conclude if the guitars have any significance to solving the case, or the investigators want to sit down with the workers and sing Kumbaya.

At least the article explained what the a "blood stained hoe" was. This way one can ascertain that it wasn't going to sing along. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

"Koh Tao, boasting white sand beaches and azure waters, draws hordes of foreign tourists to its "full moon" parties."

Leave it to TAT to get in a plug to still draw tourists to Koh Tao.

I play guitar, have acoustics and electrics. Week or two ago whilst watching sunset, feisty Brit squared off against low life Thai. Friend of Thai had acoustic guitar, and proceeded to come up on Brit from behind and bashed him for a bit. I was talking with another Brit during this entertainment, discussing best guitar for this job. The acoustic of course broke to pieces, Thai was left just holding the neck. I suggested best guitar to bash with would be solid body Fender Telecaster: nice slab of wood, bolt on neck.

Brit in fight took off on bike, being chased by Thai with guitar neck. After fight, coward tried to get Brit who tried to calm down situation to pay for his guitar!

Bottom line is: if you're gonna bash with guitar, never use acoustic or hollowbody. Right tool for right job.

What happened to the 85% complete case,and the imminent arrests?

What happened to the new eye witness?

Was there any finger prints anywhere? (hoe)

Too many questions.

The biggest question in my mind is how a man became a suspect, not least because he "fled" the island on the first boat out after the murders, and yet subsequently was proven to be in Bangkok when the murders happened.

Did he flee, or was he in Bangkok? If the latter, was his presence in Bangkok proven by a friend recently richer by 1 million baht?

• Like 1

What happened to the 85% complete case,and the imminent arrests?

What happened to the new eye witness?

Was there any finger prints anywhere? (hoe)

Too many questions.

The biggest question in my mind is how a man became a suspect, not least because he "fled" the island on the first boat out after the murders, and yet subsequently was proven to be in Bangkok when the murders happened.

Did he flee, or was he in Bangkok? If the latter, was his presence in Bangkok proven by a friend recently richer by 1 million baht?

200 CCTV cameras are going to be the case breaker,

they can say what they want,

if his face is on that camera, he is toast

After reading all the threads concerning this nasty incident on the forum

I have come to the conclusion that this entire event so very closely

resembles a circle jerk. DNA, CCTV footage, speed boats escaping in

the dark, village headmen, foreign nationals, head copper's attitude.

etc...etc...etc...

This entire "thing" is very sad...very, very sad indeed and a mockery

of justice. The Keystone Cops were better at catching perps than

the BiB seem to be...what a let down.

So far the only moral of this event is,to me anyway...

Situational awareness...never let yourself get into a

situation where what happened to the two young Brits

may happen to you. Stay safe.

Edited by sunshine51

Interesting video mataleo, and a lot clearer than the one offered by the police via the press or so it would seem.

Yet again we see evidence that the video released by the police it seems is or has been subjected to ''modification.''

• Like 2

Or 'mollification' rather.

Well observed siampolee

Ok men. That's enough pussyfooting around the dune here. Back to square one. The names of suspects you have; it is one of them. Just make it stick this time and don't be afraid to travel all the way to BKK either and find out who fiddled with the cameras at the campus there. Don't come back unless you have the result. You hear me? DO NOT come back with another Teflon story!

Bonvoyage

• Like 1

I have to say that the three yellow-shirted (presumably football players) who start following Hannah in the CCTV footage certainly looked to me like they had something on their minds. Problem is ... its not clear to me when the CCTV footage was shot - could have been much earlier than the murders, so whatever was in their minds had long since passed; and we obviously don't know what exactly they had in mind - could have been something "relatively" harmless like peeking up her skirt, chatting her up, or whatever.

• Like 1

I have to say that the three yellow-shirted (presumably football players) who start following Hannah in the CCTV footage certainly looked to me like they had something on their minds. Problem is ... its not clear to me when the CCTV footage was shot - could have been much earlier than the murders, so whatever was in their minds had long since passed; and we obviously don't know what exactly they had in mind - could have been something "relatively" harmless like peeking up her skirt, chatting her up, or whatever.

I spotted those 3 last week, and thought exactly the same! They got up rather quickly to follow.......

I spotted those 3 last week, and thought exactly the same! They got up rather quickly to follow.......

where is this footage?

I haven't seen that footage. Do you have a link to it?

doesnt look guilty of anything in this video

just a kid walking

I said a week ago nobody was running on that vid..... just a kid walking....... I was slated for it. If that is a witness or an accused...... then God forbid........ it becomes even more pathetic that the BIB are trying to locate this young guy - wasting more coincidental time. :(

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

investigators Sunday seized three guitars from a shelter of Myanmar workers for examination

alt=blink.png> but they where not beaten to death with a guitar

ah get it...cunning new plan by the RTP to blame Pete Townsend for the deaths, as he used to smash guitars over things... alt=thumbsup.gif>

Two of the suspects raped and killed Witheridge while another one witnessed the murder," a chief investigator said.

how would you know this unless you were there or know someone who was there at the time ?

The witness would be the bar owner who was orchestrating.

Hidden guitar? Who cares, what possible relevance does this have to anything. Just pathetic.

Why do these sad screwed up people need to put such graphic descriptions of the poor girl. What must the families be thinking when they read such things.

People in this country sicken me sometimes.

Hmm ... so many different threads on these murders ... I've lost track which one it was on. But there are several CCTV sequences looking down on a street food vendor and David, Hannah, their friends, and numerous other people go by ...

Hmm ... so many different threads on these murders ... I've lost track which one it was on. But there are several CCTV sequences looking down on a street food vendor and David, Hannah, their friends, and numerous other people go by ...

Well ... here's a link ... but the version I saw before was much clearer and the scene with the football players seemed to run on another couple of seconds

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-final-cctv-4291808

Look at the vid mataleo posted and then look at this heading pic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764534-koh-tao-police-look-for-man-in-vdo-footage-as-a-key-to-provide-clue-of-murder/

from 11 seconds on. In the vid his arm swings like a fast walk yet in the still pic his arm and leg give the appearance of running. I've frozen and played slowly and I can't put his arm and leg in the same position.

The police were using something like overlaying technology a week ago to place a man in custody !!!!!!!! I just can't work out why they would be different.

Perhaps he ran past and walked past and they are from different footage but the still looks blurred and the vid is much clearer.

• Like 1

Police have also approached seven Thai football players living in Koh Phangan, Koh Samui and Muang districts for DNA samples. They joined a traditional football match in Koh Tao Sep 14.

To find the perps the police just approach random people. If DNA is one in a million we'll have someone behind bars soon.