Should Thailand's tourist police be given a new uniform to reflect a more friendlier image ?

David48

Thailand's foreign police volunteers (TPV) have often been criticized for wearing a uniform often described as being stylized in a too authoritarian manner ... some even go so far as to remark that they take their taking its cues from German high fashion of the 1940's.

Personally, reckon that's a bit rich, however, I can only report what I hear on the streets.

Do you feel a change in uniform would give the TPV's a more friendlier, approachable public image ?

... and if so what should the new uniform be ?

• Like 2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more female volunteers in skin tight leather with whips to keep all those naughty farangs in line......

Funny I don't ever recall seeing a female cop. Only Immigration.

I have half a dozen female cop friends, two are unattached lovely ladies.......thumbsup.gif ...whistling.gif

• Like 2

We need more female volunteers in skin tight leather with whips to keep all those naughty farangs in line......

maybe thats why Costas suggested dresses in his post for the gentlemen, I could see his proposed new dress uniform working in Pattaya....to quote the kinks.. "boys will be girls, girls will be boys" and all that.... but maybe not for the other tourist spots where there is a pitter patter of little farang jack boots.

I have half a dozen female cop friends, two are unattached lovely ladies.......thumbsup.gif ...whistling.gif

The other 4 are tied up at the moment! ;-))

Yes they do seem very pleased with themselves stomping around Pattaya in their black suits.

Black is the most feared colour known to man , its black for a reason

A little known fact is that Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms. Maybe a nice red armband would compliment the black.

Yes they do seem very pleased with themselves stomping around Pattaya in their black suits.

Black is the most feared colour known to man , its black for a reason

A little known fact is that Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms. Maybe a nice red armband would compliment the black.

That is correct, i believe that he designed the uniforms at Hitler's own request.

He also used slave labour during WW2.

However, in this case I don't think that the Tourist Walts should be decked out in Boss attire.

I think that to help change their image they should show more of a friendlier feminine side, so maybe something from the Coco Chanel or Versace range.

• Like 2

However, in this case I don't think that the Tourist Walts should be decked out in Boss attire.

I think that to help change their image they should show more of a friendlier feminine side, so maybe something from the Coco Chanel or Versace range.

I have to show my ignorance ... but what is a 'Tourist Walt'?