Beach side condo......struggling

DarloKnight

Hi I'm looking for accommodation for Feb 2015 and really struggling. I want to rent a 2 bed 2 bathroom condo but can't seem to find one at a decent price or one that is available, really don't understand because of the amount in Hua Hin there should be plenty. Any advice or agent recommendations?

Need help please

Condo with 2 beds and 2 bedrooms... should cost around 35 to 45k a month for short term lease in a good condo.

Is this what you meant with "decent price"?

Wow, is this really the rental price for condos? We rent a nice 3 bedroom modern (western outfitted kitchen and bathrooms) house with a large garden in a central convenient location for 20k per month. Why would a condo be so much more. I can understand if it is in one of the down town high rises directly on the beach but otherwise that sounds like too much.

We rented for one month on arrival here, 3 bedroom, 5 bathroom, private pool and jacuzzi etc for 37,000 month... We're due to move into something long term which is one year old, communal pool, gym, 3 beds, 2 bathroom and and 18,500 month.

Just to give you an idea.

OP, doing this from your home country is not good.

I know people in Pattaya that comes over here and then looking around, by-passing the real estate agents but go look themselves and enters the condos and talk to people and if interested in one talk direct with the owner and start haggle. Perhaps not so easy to do with short term renting.

If I was renting for only 1 month then I don't care so much if I pay a bit more as you can go direct from the airport and into the condo and don't waste time looking.

How much is it??

• Like 1

We rented for one month on arrival here, 3 bedroom, 5 bathroom, private pool and jacuzzi etc for 37,000 month... We're due to move into something long term which is one year old, communal pool, gym, 3 beds, 2 bathroom and and 18,500 month.

Beachfront condo or house in the boonies? Big difference in rental prices.

• Like 1

We are wanting beach front not a house where you need a car, and it would be for a month I am prepared to pay above 60k for the right place last time we were there we saw so many empty condos but when I look on Internet there's nothing unless you want to stay in Marrakech for 120k a month but I honestly can't justify that price.

Beachfront condo or house in the boonies? Big difference in rental prices.

Yep.. Must admit we are further back, suits us though, well the budget certainly does!

We are wanting beach front not a house where you need a car, and it would be for a month I am prepared to pay above 60k for the right place last time we were there we saw so many empty condos but when I look on Internet there's nothing unless you want to stay in Marrakech for 120k a month but I honestly can't justify that price.

ok, now you are talking, why don't you ring up a couple of local agents and tell them what you want, chances are that they will have what you are looking for

Condo with 2 beds and 2 bedrooms... should cost around 35 to 45k a month for short term lease in a good condo.

Wow, is this really the rental price for condos? We rent a nice 3 bedroom modern (western outfitted kitchen and bathrooms) house with a large garden in a central convenient location for 20k per month. Why would a condo be so much more. I can understand if it is in one of the down town high rises directly on the beach but otherwise that sounds like too much.

there is a big premium for condos because of the restrictions on land ownership and because for one condo sold to a foreigner, they need to build another one which would stay empty or utilizes as a rental with low profitability.

there is a big premium for condos because of the restrictions on land ownership and because for one condo sold to a foreigner, they need to build another one which would stay empty or utilizes as a rental with low profitability.

i heard its because most owners are thai and they like to use them as weekend getaways not rent them out to foreigners. could be wrong though

• Like 1

i heard its because most owners are thai and they like to use them as weekend getaways not rent them out to foreigners. could be wrong though

It really depends if people view the glass as half empty or half full. I know what my glass is unfortunately many on TV view theirs as permantley half empty

I continue to be totaly blown away by the prices of ALL real estate in Hua Hin both sames and rentals. Its flipping mental. A mate of mine rents a 2 bedroom condo in a real nice spot on Hollywood Beach, Fort Laderdale, Florida for $800 USD a month. Thats about 25,000 Baht a month. And we are talking 10 minutes drive from Miami. On the beach. Surrounded by decent shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, nice friendly people who genuinely like us and a happy atmosphere.

Yet here in Hua Hin, with its boring beach with zero restraunts, cafes or bars...... In a 3rd world country surrounded by strange people who speak a different language and dont realy like us, the price is double.

Am I not the only one who thinks this is mental?

No your not, unfortunately there are thousands like you that compare apples to oranges and still believe we are living in the last Millenium where S.E.Asia is in the dark ages and should be grateful for Johnny Foreigners $$$...In my opinion, Miami is a crap hole and I would pay double or triple for the same apartment in HH as what I would in Miami...HH has a buzzing nighlife with many restaurants and cafes/bars to choose from. Shopping is limited but BKK and the many malls are a mere 90 minutes away. Do you expect seaview with Jacuzzi on the balcony for a few $, maybe stay in Miami if its that cheap compared to here.

surrounded by strange people who speak a different language and dont realy like us, the price is double....This is an absolutely priceless commentcheesy.gif

• Like 1

PattayaPhom - you are totaly missing the point mate. I am not declaring my love for Miama here..... Miami is 'ok' but I am not here to suggest we all pack up and leave for the place. Im simply saying that Hua Hin is just a middle of the road, pretty average town in Thailand with in my opinion, not much going on. I cant get my head around why the prices here are so off the wall when ultimatley this is just an average town in a developing country.

As for the comment 'strange people etc' you could have elaborated why you find that so funny, but didnt. I can only say that after 11 years of full time living in Thailand, I see the country and its people differently to many people now. I spent years loving the place, its culture, its people but over the last couple of years I have started to change my perception of the people. Because I have lived here so long and had broad experiences living in 5 totaly different provinces here I believe I am entitled to my opinion.

In my opinion, most of them dont like us and thats why I compared Miami with Hua HIn - most of the people there do like us, and we speak the same laguage. Thats the only point I was trying to make. It could have been 100 other cities I used as an example to compare with so dont get hung up on Miami ok?

And so I will say it again, and I stick by this..... Why are people willing to pay 40,000 baht per month for a condo overlooking a fairly average beach, in a fairly average town?

You havent gave me one single reason yet - you suggested nightlife and I see that as a total joke. Either you havent been here, or you are easily ammused by crappy beer bars playing a techno version of 'Barbie Girl' with little Isarn Munchkins shuffling around or inviting you to play pool on a table that looks like it was picked up from Toys R Us 25 years ago. The alternative to these bars are places like The Hilton disco which consists mainly of Scandanavian dudes in there late 50's, dressed head to toe in white linnen with shiny white loafers dancing like your drunken Dad at a wedding hoping to impress the local brass. The only thing they are missing is a thai wrapped around there head for comedy affect.

It seems like the best suggestion you have is to bugger off to Bangkok for shopping, or a decent night out. I couldnt agree more. Why then, can you get a nice condo in Bangkok for 25,000 a month yet the same condo here will cost 40,000?

Dont argue with me just for the sake of arguing mate. Surely you can agree with my point even slightly? You can pull apart this post as much as you like and try and pick holes in it, just for the sake of it but Im not going to get sucked into a long, boring, drawn out 7 page thread with petti digressions left right and center when the single point I am making is that Hua Hin is expensive considering what the place has to offer - so this is my second and last post in the subject. Go ahead and rip this post apart if it makes you feel better pal as I wont be around to reply to it.

Cheers.

Edited by thelongshoot
  • Like 1

I agree with thelongshoot mostly. Once you've been in Hua Hin a while, it is boring, boring, boring. Then when you get bored you can take a driving holiday to another beach or jungle town or city that is essentially the same boring place. Thailand has very little diversity as far as topography, climate, etc., to do or see. It's a great holiday destination, but I would much rather live in the U.S. where I can hop in a car and see everything that the whole world has to offer from oceans with much better beaches, convenience of a place to get nearly everything you want at every stop in the road, mountains, lakes, rivers, that rival any location in the world and seasons, not just hot and dry and hot and wet, but real seasons that allow activities like snow skiing or hiking in pristine pine forests (at reasonable temperatures), etc.,

And he wasn't talking about a condo in Miami. That's another place that is fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. He was talking about Fort Lauderdale which imo is one of the best beach towns on the east coast of Florida.

Hua Hin is way over priced for a place with the filth (some garbage and some human) and the poor infrastructure that it has. The reason is that it is a tourist town with the prices driven up by short stay Europeans and rich Bangkok Thais, which has also attracted the human filth that I mentioned do to the opportunity to make loads of money off of ignorant foreigners.

The only comment in his original post that I would disagree with is the comment about restaurants. I've rarely in my lifetime seen a town this size that has the variety and number of restaurants that Hua Hin has, but again, I think that's because it's become a prime tourist destination. It wasn't like that in 2003 when I first came. It was hard to find decent choices of western food back then.

• 3 weeks later...