Court sentences to death railway staff who killed and threw a girl from train

Lite Beer

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should give him to the family.of the girl. and let them do what ever they want to him..rest my case...they should do that everywhere.. you watch the crime rate disapear

+1 , the only right way to get justice for the lovedones left behind

they should give him to the family.of the girl. and let them do what ever they want to him..rest my case...they should do that everywhere.. you watch the crime rate disapear

What if they follow their religion which prohibits killing and preaches forgiveness and that he will be judged after death? Will you be happy? I doubt it.

Why do you assume that a family grieving over the recent death of their daughter will either want or be helped by carrying out acts of wanton violence which is what I assume you're thinking of. This seems to be a common train of thought on here but I've never heard anyone proposing this giving any thought for the family only what they want and various ways to go about it.

I doubt your ideas would drop the crime rate. When this guy did what he did he will have known about the possible consequences. Maybe getting the death penalty and possibly having it carried out. If not then a long time, possibly the rest of his life in a not very nice Thai prison. It didn't stop him because at the time he was thinking of something else.

They have pretty draconian penalties in many countries for minor crimes, following the wrong religion, homosexuality ect. but the threat of death by slow hanging or stoning or chopping off hands, feet or heels doesn't seem to stop crime does it?

In country's with "pretty" draconian penalty's crime is a lot less

For those saying the death penalty is unjust...would you feel the same if it was your daughter that was overpowered, raped, murdered and thrown from a train?

My heart bled for that little, innocent girl, and all the other innocent children that are raped and/or murdered.

Sadly, his death will probably be swift and relatively painless...but I hope that he suffers as much as possible, and the very thought that he will be put to death haunts his dreams until that day.

An eye for an eye.

What if they follow their religion which prohibits killing and preaches forgiveness and that he will be judged after death? Will you be happy? I doubt it.

Why do you assume that a family grieving over the recent death of their daughter will either want or be helped by carrying out acts of wanton violence which is what I assume you're thinking of. This seems to be a common train of thought on here but I've never heard anyone proposing this giving any thought for the family only what they want and various ways to go about it.

I doubt your ideas would drop the crime rate. When this guy did what he did he will have known about the possible consequences. Maybe getting the death penalty and possibly having it carried out. If not then a long time, possibly the rest of his life in a not very nice Thai prison. It didn't stop him because at the time he was thinking of something else.

They have pretty draconian penalties in many countries for minor crimes, following the wrong religion, homosexuality ect. but the threat of death by slow hanging or stoning or chopping off hands, feet or heels doesn't seem to stop crime does it?

In country's with "pretty" draconian penalty's crime is a lot less

Is that you Campbell Newman?

First time I got caught doing something wrong, I was eleven. Somehow got shanghai'd and involved with at least 100 young teens from a black housing area in new york (i am white). They got me drunk and I ended up breaking in to a pizza parlor (owned by the brother of the chief of police in that city). I found out later that not only were they sicilian.....but much more. These guys pre-date the WWII era, and I just messed with the wrong people. The police took me home, drunk, at eleven years of age. My mom called my dad....and he brought a knife and said he would proceed to skin me alive...inch by inch...if I ever did the same. Thing was.....I got caught.

Moral of the story... Hang this stupid bitch. He is an idiot. Not only did he rape and kill a kid... He is stupid in the process.

The death penalty for some Thai criminals doesn't impress. What the World is waiting for is for Thailand to deploy a police force that understands that a policeman's' job is crime prevention. Detectives are the people that solve crimes and the Public Prosecutors Office is responsible for submitting criminals to trial of their alleged criminality.

well, it seems like I gone go against the opinion of a lot of people here .. but for me I think death sentence should be the the last option, meaning in case someone doesn't cure better, or do bad things again. This guy is 22 years old, did something very wrong, maybe under influence of drugs, (and I'm not sure I understand good, didn't confess) ...

its not the first time in the world someone get the death penalty being innocent.

Everyone can do something wrong, (the one that never did , raise his hand), everyone should have a second chance .. if he sit in a thai prison for 20 year .. I think he will well clearly been punished for his mistake.

further on .. I hope we live in a civilized society, A bad and sad think happen, a court valuate and punish that person, and we must hope we(and he) all learn out of it.

When I hear a lot of reactions, like "rot in hell scumbag" and some feel happy because someone gets death penalty ... I feel like I live between a lot of judges with the mind of someone from Islamic state.

Lets all try to be civilized , let that judge make the right decision, and let not lower our selfs .. I hope I am not the only one with this opinion.

He did something more than "a little wrong"!!!!!

You are the only one saying "a little wrong" if you read it again you will see he said he "did something VERY WRONG"

I'm probably going to make myself quite unpopular with this but I must say I don't agree with this sentence.

What he has done was a terrible crime, there's no question about it. And yes, deserves a punishment for this. Lock him up for the rest of his life so no other family has to go through what the family of the killed girl has gone through.

But don't kill him.

The argument against the death penalty are the same as in any other case where somebody has been sentenced to death. But they're still and undeniable:

• It has been proven many times that the death penalty does not scare off future criminals. Death penalty or not: Criminals don't think about the consequences when they're committing a crime. Whether it's the death penalty or jail.
  • Killing the killer doesn't make the victim alive. Instead, this horrible crime only brings another death.
  • By executing him, the law is lowering itself on the same level as the murderer.
  • The death penalty only fulfills a single need: the need for revenge. A society that is based on revenge is not the society we want to live in, believe me.
  • Death penalty costs a lot more than locking somebody up for life in prison. I forgot the exact figure but I think it was $2 million against $500,000.
  • Life in prison also guarantees no future crimes.
  • And last but not least: It teaches the society that killing somebody can be a solution for a problem. It is not.
Crying for the death penalty is a very typical reaction: Everybody demands strict punishments for others to protect their own safety. But if they or their family are in this position, they start to see things from a different perspective.

As I said, the only reason why the death penalty exists is to satisfy the need for revenge for the society. Besides that, tell me one more good argument FOR the death penalty and I might change my opinion.

YES, your post is very far from popular.

Only one thing. Don't kill him, BUT if next time this idiot takes your daughter or other relative, punches her belly and face many-times, rapes her and throws out her naked body from the train like a garbage, I would heard your voice again, and would read your smart post.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to make myself quite unpopular with this but I must say I don't agree with this sentence.

What he has done was a terrible crime, there's no question about it. And yes, deserves a punishment for this. Lock him up for the rest of his life so no other family has to go through what the family of the killed girl has gone through.

But don't kill him.

The argument against the death penalty are the same as in any other case where somebody has been sentenced to death. But they're still and undeniable:

• It has been proven many times that the death penalty does not scare off future criminals. Death penalty or not: Criminals don't think about the consequences when they're committing a crime. Whether it's the death penalty or jail.
  • Killing the killer doesn't make the victim alive. Instead, this horrible crime only brings another death.
  • By executing him, the law is lowering itself on the same level as the murderer.
  • The death penalty only fulfills a single need: the need for revenge. A society that is based on revenge is not the society we want to live in, believe me.
  • Death penalty costs a lot more than locking somebody up for life in prison. I forgot the exact figure but I think it was $2 million against $500,000.
  • And last but not least: It teaches the society that killing somebody can be a solution for a problem. It is not.

Crying for the death penalty is a very typical reaction: Everybody demands strict punishments for others to protect their own safety. But if they or their family are in this position, they start to see things from a different perspective.

As I said, the only reason why the death penalty exists is to satisfy the need for revenge for the society. Besides that, tell me one more good argument FOR the death penalty and I might change my opinion.

ridiculous - who cares if it's been 'proven' it is not a deterrent it rids the world from a piece of filthy shit

if it's DNA proven, with a confession, he should be killed and i don't think Thailand will pay 2 million dollars to do it which is an ABSURD suggestion probably based on a USA figure

I despise all these liberal PC 'do gooders' who come out and defend the 'perpetrator' and we all know LIFE never means LIFE and they are always let out (remember the Doctor recently who cut up his wife? he was given a death sentence commuted to life but now he's OUT - and his wife's still DEAD RIP) whereas with execution DEATH will mean DEATH

send him to HELL

Edited by binjalin

I have been against the death sentence all my life. But in this case, Well deserved. That poor little girl. And her sister who cared for her. Make it slow,and painful.

You have been against it all your life but in this case you are calling for it ?

What a statement !!!!

What, if I may ask, is the sudden element brought by that sad story, and different from the crimes committed back home , wherever it is, that rocked a life stand?

I am not for, I am not against. If I were the victim, or acquainted to the victim, I guess I would push for it but that is an emotional call.

Maybe some of you have missed the part of the consumption of amphetamines prior to the rape and murder: it doesn't give her life back to the victim but, these drugs make people do horrible things.

This is not directed at you , but at all these people rejoicing themselves about the sentence: ok, one can be satisfied with the court decision but how can we wish for a painful death to anyone, not close to the victim, unless empathy is greater than one should expect

• Like 1

Eye for an eye I say.... If you are capable of taking a life for no reason then you must be prepared to accept the same in return.... No BS or questions asked....

So, taking a life for a reason makes it all right then.

• Like 1

I believe that in all of eternity you only get one shot at life. My goodness me anyone who snatches that away surely deserves the same fate. For once the Thai judiciary has got it right.

No arguing with your feeling regarding the court decision but really, if we've got only one shot at it ( which I have no idea about, but sincerely hope you are wrong as I'd like to think I will meet some people who left early ), I think that a great majority of us have failed to spend a beautiful time while at it.

But don't kill him.

YES, your post is very far from popular.

Only one thing. Don't kill him, BUT if next time this idiot takes your daughter or other relative, punches her belly and face many-times, rapes her and throws out her naked body from the train like a garbage, I would heard your voice again, and would read your smart post.

How would you know?

Some people stick to their position, however great is the pressure

Remember this guy who had left his daughter in his car while watching a show only meters farther. She was murdered and the culprit caught. The father asked for lenience from the court as he wasn't a believer in death penalty. How closer to home can that be?

Not saying I would be that kind though...

well, it seems like I gone go against the opinion of a lot of people here .. but for me I think death sentence should be the the last option, meaning in case someone doesn't cure better, or do bad things again. This guy is 22 years old, did something very wrong, maybe under influence of drugs, (and I'm not sure I understand good, didn't confess) ...

its not the first time in the world someone get the death penalty being innocent.

Everyone can do something wrong, (the one that never did , raise his hand), everyone should have a second chance .. if he sit in a thai prison for 20 year .. I think he will well clearly been punished for his mistake.

further on .. I hope we live in a civilized society, A bad and sad think happen, a court valuate and punish that person, and we must hope we(and he) all learn out of it.

When I hear a lot of reactions, like "rot in hell scumbag" and some feel happy because someone gets death penalty ... I feel like I live between a lot of judges with the mind of someone from Islamic state.

Lets all try to be civilized , let that judge make the right decision, and let not lower our selfs .. I hope I am not the only one with this opinion.

The moment someone chooses voluntarily to deny another human the right to exist, for self-gratification, or sport, or to promote some ideology, that's the moment when that someone forfeits his own humanity and becomes a creature of the same level as a parasite or a virus. There are no excuses, no mitigating circumstances, no future redemption. This creature needs to be exterminated. Period.

So when "we" hang the wrong person, who will hang us?

• Like 1

I have been against the death sentence all my life. But in this case, Well deserved. That poor little girl. And her sister who cared for her. Make it slow,and painful.

You have been against it all your life but in this case you are calling for it ?

What a statement !!!!

What, if I may ask, is the sudden element brought by that sad story, and different from the crimes committed back home , wherever it is, that rocked a life stand?

I am not for, I am not against. If I were the victim, or acquainted to the victim, I guess I would push for it but that is an emotional call.

Maybe some of you have missed the part of the consumption of amphetamines prior to the rape and murder: it doesn't give her life back to the victim but, these drugs make people do horrible things.

This is not directed at you , but at all these people rejoicing themselves about the sentence: ok, one can be satisfied with the court decision but how can we wish for a painful death to anyone, not close to the victim, unless empathy is greater than one should expect

Good post alyx!!thumbsup.gif

But with the lynch-mob out in full force on this thread, it is sadly a waste of bandwidth.

The lack emphaty and understanding is truly scary.

No wonder with people like that, it is so easy for ISIS to recruit new members.

I guess it all comes down to education (or lack thereoff).

• Like 1

The moment someone chooses voluntarily to deny another human the right to exist, for self-gratification, or sport, or to promote some ideology, that's the moment when that someone forfeits his own humanity and becomes a creature of the same level as a parasite or a virus. There are no excuses, no mitigating circumstances, no future redemption. This creature needs to be exterminated. Period.

So when "we" hang the wrong person, who will hang us?

My advice to you: Don't hang the wrong person...instead, kill the right creature.

Edited by klauskunkel