Internet Services Ipstar ?

Thaicoon

Hi Guys,

Back and forth to UK and Thailand, wifes family are in Buriram, i have bought them a PC for my two nieces to do school work etc, now i want to set up the internet via satalite, as no phone in the village, i have been told Ipstar, but looked at there website and seems very expensive, 8gb per month 8000 baht, that cannot be right, Is anyone out there using ipstar, and what do the think, as you know what kids are like that 8 gig will soon be gone when they are downloading music, pis, movies etc, the reason i want the internet is that my wife and two daughters that atre in the UK can speak to there family via Yahoo messanger and use a webcam, any info or costs and other internet providers would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

this is the ipsar site, i bthink there prices are way out.

http://www.csloxinfo.com/broadband/ipstar_promo_en.asp

Sorry about spelling guys, its this b l o o d y wireless keyboard i am using.

Edited by Thaicoon

Hi Guys,

Back and forth to UK and Thailand, wifes family are in Buriram, i have bought them a PC for my two nieces to do school work etc, now i want to set up the internet via satalite, as no phone in the village, i have been told Ipstar, but looked at there website and seems very expensive, 8gb per month 8000 baht, that cannot be right, Is anyone out there using ipstar, and what do the think, as you know what kids are like that 8 gig will soon be gone when they are downloading music, pis, movies etc, the reason i want the internet is that my wife and two daughters that atre in the UK can speak to there family via Yahoo messanger and use a webcam, any info or costs and other internet providers would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

There is a lesser plan for roughly 2200 per month. I have used IPstar for 2 yrs and have never been really happy with it.

Hi Guys,

With the IPStar quality at the moment is it impossible to download 8 GB per month. their speed is so terrible and every 2 min there is an outage+many downloads are corrupt. As 50 % of the 5 MB downloads are corrupt, it will not be possible to dl 100 MB....

• 2 weeks later...
IPstar by Loxinfo is crap. I am using IPstar via TOT and are very happy with it! They are cheaper than CS-Loxinfo's version too.

OK George I too am going to jump on the TOT bandwagon. Having upgraded to 1024/512 with CSLoxInfo recently, what I got instead was the 512/256 that I should have had to begin with. Since they are in breach of contract, I will notifiy them the moment the other equipment is in position.

I called TOT and with my bad Thai came to understand that they also include a phone service with a local number through that service, which means a lot here in the no-phoneline boonies. Although I will only use that lien for a fax machine.

How does your equipment run until now? I plan to get the 7,700 baht package for 2048/1024 and was wondering if there are any limitations?