Man says police beat him after he declines to be witness in Koh Tao murder cases

Lite Beer

Police claimed to know criminals and declared that the case is 85% done and they just need to make arrests soon , as some strong evidences were awaited a week back.

Now we know how they were so busy in making evidences. All bullshit , nothing happen till yet.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days after the crime, police brass announced; "we will request FBI assistance."

15 minutes later, policeman's tel rings, he's overheard saying, "Yes, Kanman. I said that. Uh, what's that? Yes I hear you, you're saying 'this is a Thai issue so we should not call in outside help. Ok.'"

20 minutes later, the police chief makes an updated announcement: "Neither FBI nor any other farang experts will be requested to assist. This is Thailand and we can do the investigation ourselves."

its cuz singapoore could do it and was closer

This farcical murder investigation circus act gets worse by the day. No matter what anyone here in TV has to say' Police in civilised countries never purposely look for scapegoats, especially in something as heinous as these 2 poor Brits on holiday.

This just goes to show how far Thais will go to sacrifice anything or everything to keep up the tourist ratings. It defies logical thinking for us everyday normal Farangs who see this as a mockery and an insult to our fellow citizens around the Globe seen as easy walking talking ATM. machines.with endless cash and should therefore be privileged to part with every penny to the Thai coffers.....

Sorry but should that not have been:

Thais will go to sacrifice anything or everything to keep tourist away?

You see, they don't even give a sh.it about their own as long as they can use them to frame some poor, unsuspecting foreigner. Come on, PM, enough is enough, remove the 'police' from this island and bring in disciplined soldiers!!!

Although I agree enough is enough and these idiots need to be removed not just the Island but from the police force, but soldiers,,, really? they are not trained to be investigators, and they are probably to busy with the mafia just down the road trying to throw villagers off their land.

Let soldiers be soldiers and let honest cops with some skills do the job and throw the mafia in gaol wile they are at it. Start in Kho Tao and keep going.

Look if you look at photos you know who did it. The person of concern is Left handed. Just like Village heads son The person looks exactly like Villages heads son. In my books if it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it's a fricken duck. Those photo's of him in Bangkok doctored, And where in Thailand does a father don't know where his son is ? come on.

• Like 1

The story does not actually say he was not a witness to something.

What does it mean he "is willing to cooperate with the police but not by force"?

Yes I spotted that right away. How can you cooperate beyond saying I know nothing and saw nothing if you were not a witness

He added that he does not plan to pursue case against the police, but wants to assert his innocence. He is willing to cooperate with the police, but not by force.

If he is so willing why did they beat him up and offer a bribe (supposedly)? Why didn't he just tell them what he knew?

Some thing fishy here.

There was the 'witness' who, a few days ago, purportedly was a witness who allegedly claimed a farang did it. the story was vague and not believable when it broke, then belatedly detracted in the mushy manner so becoming of Thai cops. We won't be hearing anything from that so-called witness again because, like the guy in this thread, they're both bogus. The headman's desperation is showing. I bet he's sorely angry at us pesky farang who keep pissing on his parade. These things (paid fake witnesses) would be so much easier to insert in to the mix if pesky farang weren't bolloxing things up with their social networks and tweets and facebook posts.

cheesy.gif

I think you have an over inflated idea of Farang influence in this matter.

Police didn't beat him up. It was "enhanced interrogation" as used & taught by US at Thai black sites. Agatha C's detective had "little grey cells" which seem to be in short supply here. Whole affair stinks worse than som tam left out in the sun all day.....

There was the 'witness' who, a few days ago, purportedly was a witness who allegedly claimed a farang did it. the story was vague and not believable when it broke, then belatedly detracted in the mushy manner so becoming of Thai cops. We won't be hearing anything from that so-called witness again because, like the guy in this thread, they're both bogus. The headman's desperation is showing. I bet he's sorely angry at us pesky farang who keep pissing on his parade. These things (paid fake witnesses) would be so much easier to insert in to the mix if pesky farang weren't bolloxing things up with their social networks and tweets and facebook posts.

cheesy.gif

I think you have an under inflated idea of the influence of negative social media comments on the Thai concept of "face" ego and self perception.

There is nothing worse for a liar than to have the lies ridiculed in public. Trail by social and established media is an unfortunate aspect of our time, but the really innocent seem to issue one strong statement of denial and/or take legal action when necessary. Not create a pony and dog show that actually attracts more attention.

police trying to find a scapegoat, but all the fingers they point to are proven to be innocent, perhaps they should point to themselves. I'm sure the investigation is almost complete like the police claim, yes complete with no suspects insight.

Lost all credibility, they have now. Better continue on with media coverage of clamping tires in Bangkok to look like there are any real differences being made here in terms of progress.....

Yep, keep clamping them tires and lining up at the end of the month to stop every man and his dog for the monthly handout..............Rapidly becoming joke land..........

Look if you look at photos you know who did it. The person of concern is Left handed. Just like Village heads son The person looks exactly like Villages heads son. In my books if it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it's a fricken duck. Those photo's of him in Bangkok doctored, And where in Thailand does a father don't know where his son is ? come on.

An unusaul man speaking logic in the land of the blind............ Dead right ! and everyone knows it, including his dad,...............Stinks to high heaven.........

Lets face it.... Everyone and I mean everyone knows who was involved in this crime. The problem now is how to save face. I don't even think they really care about the trash that did this any longer. The entire Thai government is doing damage control and trying to figure out how to end this mess. This is Thainess and all the farang who live in Thailand for any amount of time understands this.

Thailand listen up and listen good....

WE WILL NOT FORGET THIS !!!

You have crossed the line on this one and it is time to forget the face saving and come clean. We want justice and we will not accept anything but.

Dead right ! I couldn't of put it better myself, the whole deal stinks to high heaven, and i just hope somewhere in the tiny minds of the powers to be, that there's some molecule of conscience that's telling them what a bunch of female genetalia they are...............Shameful's not the word for this situation.......... Lest we forget........

Think this is the clearest evidence of a coverup so far. If that guy would have agreed they would have taken two of the Burmese workers, who are innocent, as patsies. Mr. Sukdam should receive a medal of honor for speaking up against police and for blowing the whistle! It takes spine and courage do do that, something the police on Koh Tao obviously doesn't have.

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

I think you have an under inflated idea of the influence of negative social media comments on the Thai concept of "face" ego and self perception.

There is nothing worse for a liar than to have the lies ridiculed in public. Trail by social and established media is an unfortunate aspect of our time, but the really innocent seem to issue one strong statement of denial and/or take legal action when necessary. Not create a pony and dog show that actually attracts more attention.

And you really think Thai's give a Sh*t what farang thinks. In any other country this crime would have probably been solved by now. But here in Thai we have witnessed the same cack handed approach the thai's use to solve crimes. They do not IMO care about solving the crime, they only care about tourist money.

This is all a big show for nothing. Even if they lose out this season come next year it will all be forgotten. It is truly sad what has happened to these two young people, But to expect first world standards in crime detection from Thai Police is asking too much from a country that is being left behind in so many ways compared even to its neighbours.

But don't expect the Thais to care about that either!

Where did I see they give a sh*t about what farang think, or imply the police police are competent, which they prove over and over again they're not, or that they particularly give a fig for justice and solving this crime?

The family care about what other Thais think. They care about their own perceived "face". They are not doing all this, including baiting the police to show how strong and powerful they are; or demanding the media apologies for the benefit of farangs. It's to show Thais that they are poweful, a force to be reckoned with and not to be messed with.

They don't like social media because it's a great leveler. You don't always know who the posters are or where from, or what they really know. Look at how money, power, connections, family name is used in various mixes to avoid responsibility for any crime here. And Thais generally, won't comment about it due to their culture. Now social media is changing that, people, including Thais are openly commentating and those with something to hide don't like it. They can't control it as easily as the press and journalists.

You need to understand Thai "face", social protocols and etiquette and the power money, position and family plays in this. Social media is unhinging some of the old unwritten rules and many here and in other parts of Asia don't like it and don't know what to do about it. Hence the crude attempts like this media show to push their version.

Edited by Baerboxer

What a surprise!

Thai Authorities VOW to capture the murderer of these two young souls at any cost in any manner possible (i.e. tampering with evidence to pin it on a scapegoat). A price tag of 700,000 THB will be paid to any witness that comes forth at his/her on will by force. Thai authorities will guarantee your security that you are never to be found again after the case is closed and the money will be put to good use (i.e. saturate the market with more drugs and more smoke and mirrors to advance their investigative expertise).

THE SHOW HAS BEGUN... The chief has read Copperfield's magic handbook for dummies and is ready to show the world his stuff! He states that after studying the dummy guide, he know's his ability to work with smoke and mirror's are more advanced than Copperfield.

I hope this bloke is telling the truth as the wall of silence from koh tao is

the saddest thing about this,as is the nightmare the victims family have been dragged through, and for me the realisation that thai people don't really care that much, I have asked a few thai friends and have been told "yes we are sad for you" but if you push them its just that they know you are British the same as the victims.

they genuinely don't think much about crimes with farang victims, it feels like

they really do think we are aliens and when pushed a bit further reply that they

are busy and haven't really got time for

watching tv.....which is just a getout...these are normal working Thai's they are

nice people..they are just products of a system that has failed them....i honestly believe they just don't know any better.

R I P David and Hannah.