Man says police beat him after he declines to be witness in Koh Tao murder cases

Lite Beer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, they don't even give a sh.it about their own as long as they can use them to frame some poor, unsuspecting foreigner. Come on, PM, enough is enough, remove the 'police' from this island and bring in disciplined soldiers!!!

"... remove the 'police' from this island and bring in disciplined soldiers!!!" blink.png

Regardless of this case, the Police and the Military are engaged behind the scenes, in their own little gang warfare for the largest slice of the pie. And turf.

Same same as each other. wai2.gifwai.gif

Do you really believe the Military are any different? facepalm.gif

It's all an illusion...

Spot on. The top policeman, the Police Commissioner General, was appointed by NCPO on Aug 20th.

The only one above him is PM who is Supreme Commander of Police Department.

RTP are a large paramilitary force and their support had to be secured during coup plotting/planning stage.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

cheesy.gif

I think you have an over inflated idea of Farang influence in this matter.

I think you have an under inflated idea of the influence of negative social media comments on the Thai concept of "face" ego and self perception.

There is nothing worse for a liar than to have the lies ridiculed in public. Trail by social and established media is an unfortunate aspect of our time, but the really innocent seem to issue one strong statement of denial and/or take legal action when necessary. Not create a pony and dog show that actually attracts more attention.

And you really think Thai's give a Sh*t what farang thinks. In any other country this crime would have probably been solved by now. But here in Thai we have witnessed the same cack handed approach the thai's use to solve crimes. They do not IMO care about solving the crime, they only care about tourist money.

This is all a big show for nothing. Even if they lose out this season come next year it will all be forgotten. It is truly sad what has happened to these two young people, But to expect first world standards in crime detection from Thai Police is asking too much from a country that is being left behind in so many ways compared even to its neighbours.

But don't expect the Thais to care about that either!

Where did I see they give a sh*t about what farang think, or imply the police police are competent, which they prove over and over again they're not, or that they particularly give a fig for justice and solving this crime?

The family care about what other Thais think. They care about their own perceived "face". They are not doing all this, including baiting the police to show how strong and powerful they are; or demanding the media apologies for the benefit of farangs. It's to show Thais that they are poweful, a force to be reckoned with and not to be messed with.

They don't like social media because it's a great leveler. You don't always know who the posters are or where from, or what they really know. Look at how money, power, connections, family name is used in various mixes to avoid responsibility for any crime here. And Thais generally, won't comment about it due to their culture. Now social media is changing that, people, including Thais are openly commentating and those with something to hide don't like it. They can't control it as easily as the press and journalists.

You need to understand Thai "face", social protocols and etiquette and the power money, position and family plays in this. Social media is unhinging some of the old unwritten rules and many here and in other parts of Asia don't like it and don't know what to do about it. Hence the crude attempts like this media show to push their version.

Which all goes to show Thai's don't know when to keep their mouths shut. It is the opening of their mouths without thinking that causes lose of face not the accusations made!

But social media will not solve this case nor will it effect Kao Tao in the long run. Surely the great leveler is when an island Kamnam suddenly realizes he isn't as big as he thinks he is, and that he falls under suspission also. Don't confuse social media with the slow almost none existant progress the police make.

They were suspects before social media picked up on this, not because of social media.

All I can do is shake my head in discust and disbelief. I spent many years of my life in under developed countries an have never seen anything like the police here.

Edited by razer