Thai police officer gets 57 years for gun rampage

webfact

Thirayu was dismissed from civil service after the shooting incident

Now there's a rare occurrence... How often do you hear about that happening to a policeman gone bad?

Are inactive posts only reserved for bosses ?

• Like 1

he won't survive very long in there as a police officer. This country confuses me though, that guy who killed his wife and chopped her up was given a pardon after something like 15 years? This guy gets basically a life sentence and didn't kill anybody

• Like 1

So let's see! Remanded into custody in 2011. 3 years waiting court. He should be released in 2-5 years i am guessing with all the time in jail already.

Do you actually have any evidence to make this "guess" in the way of news reports?

Or did one farang pass this down to you because he knew someone who knew someone who knew....

Its just that this is repeated over and over on TV in the same manner as an "Urban Legend" and I would just like to trace it back.

So pony up. What proof do you have to support your guess, please.

Have you completely lost it??

This is Thaivisa a forum populated by barstool Thaihating posters, who base all their posting on rumour and hearsay or outright lies.

And you have the audacity to come here and ask for proof!!w00t.gif

Well I, for one, am at home sitting on a chair, and I love Thais. That's the truth. What's with you? facepalm.gif

• Like 2

So let's see! Remanded into custody in 2011. 3 years waiting court. He should be released in 2-5 years i am guessing with all the time in jail already.

Do you actually have any evidence to make this "guess" in the way of news reports?

Or did one farang pass this down to you because he knew someone who knew someone who knew....

Its just that this is repeated over and over on TV in the same manner as an "Urban Legend" and I would just like to trace it back.

Have you completely lost it??

This is Thaivisa a forum populated by barstool Thaihating posters, who base all their posting on rumour and hearsay or outright lies.

And you have the audacity to come here and ask for proof!!w00t.gif

I have already given out all my gold stars for the day or I would give you one.

I have to admit TV would be quite a boring place if posters weren't allowed to just pull stuff out of their...hat...without any proof.

• Like 1

"He said he was drunk and couldn't control himself"

I seriously doubt that he could control himself when he was sober either. Regardless of that: there won't be a follow up in the press when he walks out the back door of his cell in a short time.

• Like 1

he won't survive very long in there as a police officer. This country confuses me though, that guy who killed his wife and chopped her up was given a pardon after something like 15 years? This guy gets basically a life sentence and didn't kill anybody

Dont' worry, like the guy who chopped up his wife, this police officer will be out in 5-7 years after a couple govt pardons/sentence reductions and credit for good behavior.

• Like 2

guessing.......a personal assumption....something we all do...what's wrong with that?

• Like 1

err.... this may be off topic, but is it a rule that all police no matter what their size are required to wear skin tight shirts? and can they move comfortably? seems like a whole lot of chaffing going on there.

I am guessing that you do not understand sarcasm.

• Like 1

I guess it's a good start. I notice he was a low ranking officer....We never see the bad bosses go to jail

As this is a report about one particular officer's actions that were more than adequately punished, why do you think some of his "bad bosses" should go to jail? Where there any senior officers involved here that should have received punishment also?

guessing.......a personal assumption....something we all do...what's wrong with that?

Nothing at all wrong with it...just something that is said here on TV with frequency and I have never yet seen an actual example of a news article posted here on tV to support it.

Every time its repeated here I get this vision of all the regulars at that outdoor bar across from Nana Square speaking some ancient wisdom handed down since the 70's.

• Like 1

Thirayu was dismissed from civil service after the shooting incident

Now there's a rare occurrence... How often do you hear about that happening to a policeman gone bad?

Are inactive posts only reserved for bosses ?

Someone should give you an inactive post, can't you ever do anything other than Thai-bash?