"Thai volunteer" for 1st time extension at Immigration

If I am correct, Thai volunteer is required to be present at Immigration office for 1st time extension (12 months, non imm 'O')

Actually I have done that before and I feel good to inform this forum explaining my peculiar situation. Why? Let see below...

1. Most local Thai people seem to knew nothing about immigration office, even they say "I know what you mean, are you on the parole? Right?" I feel very awkward and I don't blame them. It takes quite a long time for them to understand.

2. If I am correct, Thai volunteer is required to provide their own black book. I realise most Thai people with free time do not have the black book. Other Thai people with black book are usually busy with their work so they can not be present at immigration office. In my previous one, I found one by luck but I find that somewhat a burden.

Any suggestions that can minimise this burden would have meant lots to other users for 1st time extension users including myself.

I have no idea what you mean by a black book.

I assume you mean the blue house book. All Thais are registered in one. All they need is a copy when you go to immigration with you along with their ID card.

Yes, you are correct the blue house book is what I am referring to. Actually my Thai wife has it & its colour is black - maybe it could be a very dark blue one I am not sure.

Shall I take that Thai volunteer don't have to be present at immigrant office? I shall doublecheck that at Phuket IO. Thanks

Edited by nabbie

I am not sure Phuket requires a witness they may do a house visit. They are the only ones that can tell you what their requirements are.

Some offices want the witness to make an appearance while others only want a written statement from them.

Signed and dated copies of the house book and ID card are normally wanted. If in person they may be asked to show their ID card.

It is always a good idea to bring your Thai wife to the immigration office if you have one!

The immigration officers may speak your language well...or not.

You may speak some Thai...but most farangs not well..

A translator with your best interest in mind can be very helpful.

And it seems the Immigration officers more comfortable and friendly if they know they have a native speaking Thai to communicate if there are any questions or issues.

P.S., The Blue house book may look black to you...

And the famous U.S. Immigration "Green Card" is not green!

Why not just refer to it as "The House Book"? and avoid confusion?

I've never heard of a "Thai volunteer" needing to be present at the Immigration office for the first time extension. (12-month retirement extension for a 90-day O visa) I did mine by myself after reading up here on Thai Visa. I've helped friends to do the same and even sat next to them during the interview with the I/O. I'm certainly not Thai and no one asked me for a House Book.

I've never heard of a "Thai volunteer" needing to be present at the Immigration office for the first time extension. (12-month retirement extension for a 90-day O visa) I did mine by myself after reading up here on Thai Visa. I've helped friends to do the same and even sat next to them during the interview with the I/O. I'm certainly not Thai and no one asked me for a House Book.

He is getting an extension based upon marriage. He should of written witness instead of volunteer.

Some offices ask for witnesses instead of doing a house visit if the applicant lives a long distance from the immigration office.

He is getting an extension based upon marriage. He should of written witness instead of volunteer.

Some offices ask for witnesses instead of doing a house visit if the applicant lives a long distance from the immigration office.

Yes, again I agree you I should use Thai witness making the better sense but Immigration Officer mentioned me "Thai volunteer" instead. That is why I am delimma which one I should put.

NancyL, did you see others bringing their Thai witness for 1st time extension? Or just the copies of witness's ID & blue book?

Edited by nabbie