China celebrates 65th anniversary

webfact

Globe trotting Chinese ...hmm it's not a small number as far as I know.

My circle of business associates here who are educated and scoff at dumb remarks easily is quite a big pool. However as we are relatively low profile people , we rarely make a scene so maybe you don't see much around.

Malaysia airlines is one on downward trend and due for a restructuring ..if your next teaching job pays you a bonus and you are keen , maybe you can PM the company taking it private although I know at times when they flash the fare specials , some may get attracted to it and still take the risk and fly hoping for the best

I can see why you won't dare to venture up the north ... the remarks you make won't make you a desirable guest in most countries if you speak of the host country like this.

Although seeing you aren't using your real name and in general seem to be only a harmless ranter, I can also see how they allowed you in the south to mingle around as the Canton folks like ourselves are in general less critical and more accommodating of Kwai Lou who talks gribbish

I guess the clan houses in the south have not figured out your disguise yet that you are a CCP spitter and hater.

Time for breakfast.....do miss Thailand

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1412265436.186063.jpg

Although seeing you aren't using your real name and in general seem to be only a harmless ranter...

One can perhaps count on one hand the number of ThaiVisa members to use their real name instead of the standard practice of a username and that's true at almost any website. In the PRC 'netizens' have to register with the authorities lest the Red Army (internet censors) come after them, which happens in too many instances anyway.

There are more than several members at TV who have learned my name and some of my background but don't publish it. They've mentioned specifics in PMs to me. Sound familiar?

And anyway how do you know my real name isn't Publicus??? wink.png

One farang hard core CCP poster at ThaiVisa sent some of my TVF posts to the CCP Public Security Bureau thought police in China while I was in China. The U.S. Embassy got my arse out of the hot water the stunt created so that I was able to complete the contract I'd had at the university where I was teaching and administering their English Language Education Program.

That was in 2009 and the fanatical CCP farang doesn't post at TVF any more.

Your reference to me as, "Kwai Lou who talks gribbish," presents a term that has several transliterations and interpretations. I prefer Lao Wai, meaning respected foreigner but then I'm probably the only one in either Thailand or in the PRC who might think or behave in that way.

As you'd well know, the main transliteration of the Cantonese term Kwai Lou is Gwai Lo. The meaning of Gwai Lo followed by an example sentence are....

Gwai Lo

A Chinese Cantonese language term that Cantonese speakers call white people. Gwai Lo means "ghost person" in Cantonese. Madarin speakers don't use Gwai Lo, due to its being Cantonese. The term Gwai Lo (ghost person) is an improper term which southern Chinese people have become accustomed to using..
"A mean Gwai Lo was rude to me today."
Also.....
Gwai Lo
Hong Kong slang for a white person, originally offensive as in "foreign devil" and similar derogatory terms, but also appropriated by white HK dwellers to refer to themselves.
English accountant in Hong Kong: "I was out drinking with a bunch of Gwai Lo last night."
In Mexico I would be a Gringo which should take a chink out of your armor. thumbsup.gif .

We don't laugh at you smile.png

There is really no mean bones in me unless you are in my way to complete a business deal ... A forum topic ... Nah

Obviously there is always 2 sides to every opinion and a good debate makes an interesting forum.

Yes. I thought that might be the case.

Where are you bringing up your children?

The Chinese family values you extol appear to preclude a sense of community.

I repeat: CCP-PRC is not social.

Numerous off-topic, inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

I really don't think it is necessary to be nasty to one another or to make condescending remarks of a racial nature. This topic is about China's 65h anniversary. Stick to the topic if you can't be civil to one another.

I spent quite a bit of time in Hong Kong and in China. I am not a big fan of the Chinese gov't....or the U.S. gov't....or a lot of gov'ts, but the Chinese people are like people throughout the world, some are good, some less so.

It's a huge and diverse nation.

We don't laugh at you smile.png

There is really no mean bones in me unless you are in my way to complete a business deal ... A forum topic ... Nah

Obviously there is always 2 sides to every opinion and a good debate makes an interesting forum.

Yes. I thought that might be the case.

Where are you bringing up your children?

The Chinese family values you extol appear to preclude a sense of community.

I repeat: CCP-PRC is not social.

You and I haven't ever met which is normal at a discussion forum and Mr. Chee is off on his own almost all the time, but the significant difference is that it is clear to me two of the three have lived and worked in the PRChina. If Mr. Chee has done so too, he hasn't indicated it, or at least as far as I can determine it. (Occasional visits to one's ancestral hometown are of no impact or import.)

The crass and mind bending censorship is what strikes me first and foremost about the CCP's PRChina. Precious few PRChinese know anything beyond what the CCP indoctrinates them to think, directs them to know, prohibits them knowing. It's bizarrely called unity, harmony.

However, as an international educator I noticed the direct impact of the anti-social nature of the 30 plus years of the one child policy (only very recently slightly modified). Pretty quickly I could ID the considerable number of students in my classes who were an only child. Their vibes sitting among their classmates effectively said 'I am apart from you' and their continual withdrawn silence across the board of social settings, in English and in Chinese, almost immediately ID'd them and their chronic severe mute and distant anomie.

They are comfortable only within their three-generation family unit - entirely comfortable. Outside the family unit almost all PRChinese have no social cohesion, no interest in the other in society, no trust or level of comfort with any others. The absence of the rule of law inherently creates distrust of the other in society, however, the CCP has seriously aggravated and intensified the lonely crowd society.

I regularly squawk to Thais that they don't communicate and are in fact secretive. Compared to the Thais, however, the PRChinese are subterranean.

Reminds me of the Kevin Bacon movie Tremors. . .

0.jpg

I know it's under there, somewhere -- whatever it is.

Happy 65th birthday to the Communist Party of China and its wholly owned subsidiary the People's Republic of China. bah.gif

• Like 1

So is Xi Jinping's smile.

As Mrs Obama well knows.

Xi's wife keeps going around the country singing patriotic and love songs to the armed forces.

Which accounts for the recent high rates of desertion.

Xi says to never mind about it. It keeps her on the road and out of the shower at home.

thumbsup.gif

I have great sympathy for the views expressed by Publicus.

I have business experience working for an MNC in Beijing.

First and foremost for me is the sense of being owned by the state.

I could write a book about it.

Individuals without strong character often feels they are owned by an entity. Ask any disgruntled employees of any company ..they hate the job, the hours, the boss, the work environment etc but by are too lazy to get out , self improve and find something better ...hence they stay on and winch and moan about how unfair life is

As the admin correctly points out , it's a very large and diverse society China has.

If one have met some socially withdrawn individuals , it's normal . Some are as there are in the west. Nothing to scream a social trend about ...there is 1.3 billion people in China.

It's not normal to think all are as there are also people within China who can articulate thoughts just like any good debater in the west.

One just need to be in the right socially setting to meet these individuals.

However that said , in any civil society, most would ignore the ranters or those with no social graces ...those who heckle to get a point across are normally not welcomed to participate.

I have spent an extended amount of time in China to pursue both my personal and business interests there.

Comparing passport stamps is another story altogether as some seems to be keyboard warriors only.

I am proudly Chinese and advocate a better understanding and bridging of differences between the west and China. The world needs to be engaged and respect runs both ways.

• Like 1

As the admin correctly points out , it's a very large and diverse society China has.

If one have met some socially withdrawn individuals , it's normal . Some are as there are in the west. Nothing to scream a social trend about ...there is 1.3 billion people in China.

It's not normal to think all are as there are also people within China who can articulate thoughts just like any good debater in the west.

However that said , in any civil society, most would ignore the ranters or those with no social graces ...those who heckle to get a point across are normally not welcomed to participate.

I have spent an extended amount of time in China to pursue both my personal and business interests there.

Comparing passport stamps is another story altogether as some seems to be keyboard warriors only.

I am proudly Chinese and advocate a better understanding and bridging of differences between the west and China. The world needs to be engaged and respect runs both ways.

Why don't you live there, instead of Chiang Mai?

Do the Thais like your Chinese style?

Or do they just grin and bear it and take the tourist money?

Why don't you live there, instead of Chiang Mai?

Do the Thais like your Chinese style?

Or do they just grin and bear it and take the tourist money?

Isn't insisting that one should only stay at one place a bullying tactic and a complete lack of respect of the freedom of choice ? Ironic

I get along great with the Thais and the Cambodians or Laotian...I understand the cultural respect and always enjoyed the emphasis placed on being jai yen yen

My current work project has about 45 nationalities right now working together ..and it's a good group with mutual respect...we don't agree on all points but we know there is a healthy respect of listening and not insisting everyone agree.

The problem is the Chinese people belong to the state. Which is basically 12 guys in Beijing.

That is the about the most brain washed western media idea ever presented.

You need to spend more time on the ground with the locals.

I did.

No brainwash.

Fact.

A rather threatening post has been removed. Continued trolling for emotional responses or for the purpose of winding up other posters will result in suspensions. If you have nothing to contribute, please refrain from posting in a manner that prevents others from making a positive or informed comment.

In the last 65 years , the CCP has done much for the progress of the country both in infrastructure , financial and also socially

It has it's dark moments and decisions it wished it could reverse ...it can't now and needs to move to better ones

As the years progresses , it's adapting quick to modern technology , media governance and also having the burden of urban planning for 1.3 billion people with varying interests and degrees of sophistication and needs.

The most pressing need now is the adaption of Gen Y who has an instant need for information and also be part of a country without a real sense of patriotic loyalty as their parents

It's not surprising most youngsters want country to be progressive and yet not being directly interested in the governance or the planing behind it.

It's a massive challenge for the government and the HK situation today presents a predicament for the Chinese government

On a political front , it's allowing voting and that's a distinct departure from it's usual government standing. In trying to select the candidates ....

Although it's a progressive move that is out of the norm of communist rule that is rejected by the HK crowds who is more vocal and distinctly more sophisticated and want a greater degree of freedom ...it's a tough balancing act China need to decide on for themselves ...the western insistence in full voting rights has no direct relation to how they have governed and as such they are listening , deliberating and deciding how far to go with this without this impacting the rest of the country

The complexity cannot be easy as the Chinese government has already decided in many ways they will not go the Russian way and be alienated and yet in engaging the world they also need to stay to their core of being communist so that their southern borders and northern borders remain secure. Vietnam and Laos and Myanmar while thy have their grouses with China is still politically tied in managing that area together

As I mention in many posts, it's finding the balance and the median that is the delicate and risky in all political aspects.

Functioning as a communist state and yet workings it's relationships with it's allies and trading partners on different terms and needs

It's a massive up taking and I can only wish the leaders the best.

What is the definition of rocking ?

I believe if they had all of the laws at the start of the reform period the current infrastructure would not been built for the betterment of the common person...

When one witness a commoner onboard a hexia fast train speeding from Tianjin to Beijing terminal in 45 mins ...you can see the awe and inspiration that a country can come this fast beyond the years from a single gauge train system in about 20 years of train building

There are some amazing things done....on a political front...it has gone on a slow transition to reform but it must be done at a pace they are comfortable with

Hong Kong is right now their social experiment ...if allowing for full democracy means a rowdy band of students in every Chinese city , you can only imagine the paralysis of the whole country and uncontrollable social disorder

Some form of democracy will come eventually to China...what kind of hybrid model it will look like I am unsure if I will be alive to see it ...however to ask a communist state to completely open up into a full democracy would be lunacy.

All of its social and governance structure will collapse overnight and I unsure if any democratic government can pick it up at a pace fast enough to completely change generations around ...

Look at the vacuum left by Saddam ...nobody is thinking he is an angel but his quick removal till this date has cemented years of territorial arguments and there is no clear administration of the entire region and the people who suffer for it is unfortunately the common folks which ironically all proclaimed the freedom was for.