Up keepof Thai child

DerekMarshall

You should start a business...assisting single moms in getting child support...but be ready...you will be inundated with hundreds of thousands of women in need of assistance...

I always thought that is what retirees were here for...to help pay the expense of bringing up absentee father's children...

" ... you will be inundated with hundreds of thousands of women in need of assistance..."

and .... become the target of as many pissed off fathers, among whom there will surely be a considerable number who would have you erased from existence, including those brazen enough to take care of doing it themselves.

Besides, .. how much does it cost to take care of a child in Thailand? Come on ... many men take on more than one child, right from the start! It's part of the deal in 99% of cases.

If this is about your wife or girlfriends kid and the kid lives with you, you might consider if this is worth the effort and possible future trouble that may follow.

As soon as my then girlfriend and now wife moved in we took her 2 year old son with us too. I wanted my wife and me to be able to raise him and give him the best chances in life with proper values and education, leaving him with grandparents in the sticks would do that. He's 7 now and it's been very good for him and us. I'm very happy that there is no contact whatsoever with his biological father. We have a life that is completely not compatible with that of him and regular visits would be extremely disturbing for sure. It would probably cost more than that he would ever pay.

From a practical point if view, many Thais are not legally married and that makes it hard to force them to pay for their kids.

Reading this topic, I thought I was dreaming!

I have been paying for all the expencises (private school, medical insurance, etc.) of my wife's daughter for 7 years now but her father left 13 years ago?

My wife had to work hard before we met. If the Thai law says that the father have to pay, why this law isn't enforced? What is justice in this country?

I'm very happy that there is no contact whatsoever with his biological father. We have a life that is completely not compatible with that of him and regular visits would be extremely disturbing for sure. It would probably cost more than that he would ever pay.

One wonders if the child would think the same now or later.....for the father to be kept out of his/her life.

I am surprised to read that on this forum the thai fathers are ALWAYS portrayed as deadbeats.

I'm very happy that there is no contact whatsoever with his biological father. We have a life that is completely not compatible with that of him and regular visits would be extremely disturbing for sure. It would probably cost more than that he would ever pay.

One wonders if the child would think the same now or later.....for the father to be kept out of his/her life.

I am surprised to read that on this forum the thai fathers are ALWAYS portrayed as deadbeats.

I should have added that cutting all contact was my wife's decision, after her brother gave him her phone number 4 years ago the simcard was flushed in the toilet and the brother was very close to that!

If you are surprised about the portray of Thai fathers, you can do a survey among Thai single mothers, they are not hard to find...

Because, my friend, most fathers are dead beats. In my business on Guam (a US Territory) I received letters from California demanding money from one of our key employees. It carried the full strength of the California Codes, and we were forced to attache his wages.

However, my advice to any farang considering the application of western standards to Asian norms, is to be aware ... it's none of your business.

Look not to be harsh on you.. yes there are laws that requires child support and such even spouse support in Thailand. If you are really concern you would be better off taking care of the kid yourself if you have not already. Asking this type of question just reveals how naive you are about Thailand and its culture. Unless the father is know to have money forget it because you might get a judgement you can't collect. How is the guy going to pay if he is sitting around just watching his birds sing, roster fighting while he and his buddies drink their Leo beer.

When you scrape the bottom you get nothing! This comes from a Thai lawyer plus if you can get him to pay you just should be crown K--g since there are millions running around not paying or even caring whether they even have a kid.

I should have added that cutting all contact was my wife's decision, after her brother gave him her phone number 4 years ago the simcard was flushed in the toilet and the brother was very close to that!

If you are surprised about the portray of Thai fathers, you can do a survey among Thai single mothers, they are not hard to find...

I mentioned...ALWAYS....in al my years there i too have heard from the single thai mothers that the father of her child(ren) was an irresponsible deadbeat. Never pursued it further by asking more questions. Just wondering if in many cases there is not more 2 it than what is being told to "us". Lies and manipulation comes to my mind.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP you need to go and confront him about this issue.

Let him know how outraged you are that he is not paying his share.

LOL... great advice

Ube, it might just have been tongue in cheek?

Edited by delh