Weather around Xmas

smokie36

Rains tend to stop by the end of November, but a few thunderstorms can happen a bit after that. December and January tend to be pretty much the best weather we have. No rain, clear skies and cool. This past year, it was actually cold in January!

Best time weather wise. Warm days, cool nights, little (if any) rain. The only drawbacks are that it is high season so prices will be higher and lots of tourists (mainly Scandinavian families) will be here. Book your hotel early for that time of year if you want a reasonable price in a down town location as those do book up.

Edited by hhfarang

I was in cha-am last year and from late november until January I don't believe to have seen the rain once.. in fact from November till March I have seen the rain twice..

once around Loei when I was driving towards Chiang Rai.. and once in Bangkok in mid February.. apart from that absolutely no rain.

also, end of September last year was when I stopped going to the beach due to it being full of Jellyfish.. and they came right around this time this year around too!