Police detain three migrant workers on Koh Tao for DNA test

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I welled up with relief when it looked like they were going to arrest Mon and his relatives for this crime the other week.

Now I feel physically sick thinking that they are going to pin it on poor innocents and the guilty carry on as normal, still in their positions of power with ample opportunity to carry out similar crimes, even more confident now that they are untouchable..

Will have to wait and see but that is how it feels right now. The plan was for the 3 footballers to be the heralded imminent 3 arrests, but since taxi driver didn't play ball with the fake witness statement they have had to shift of to 3 other most likely innocents. Poor poor buggers if they are innocent.

I am disgusted with the lack of DNA testing for the prime suspects - people that many people are pointing the finger at. Apparently many people on the island know who did this. I don't think many people on the island will know these 3 immigrant workers.

Thailand won't see any more of my money if they fit someone up for this.

What's you obsession with Mon? He gave the sample. He's got all clear. I don't think he was involved in the crime at all. However he might be covering up for his own son or nephew. I have difficulty following how many sons he and his brother have altogether.

In any case the DNA test will provide the irrefutable evidence. I expect from the British government to take active role once they officially arrest culprits. The British authorities must request from Thais to allow them to conduct their own DNA analysis on samples provided. I would hate to see innocent people locked up and possibly executed for the crime they did not commit.

My focus on Mon is partly down to the fact that he is impled to have knowledge of what happened that night, he was floating around that night, and he refused to submit to a DNA sample.

Then after he *apparently* did so he was cleared in less than 24 hours. Yet even the head of forensic testing in Bangkok said the following week in an unrelated article that it takes a minimum of 48 hours to perform a test.

So explain that please.

Plus there is this rumour going round that his sample was a 70% match, which apparently makes it very likely that a family member is the culprit. I don't know where this 70% figure came from but it is referred to as 'common knowledge' amongst the islanders.

I'll grant you that I for one don't know 100% who did it. I am going off the signals coming from the island though with my suspixcions about this big family. They are being protected and not investigated properly - not the behaviour surrounding an innocent family, or an innocent police force

Edited by bunglebag

What ever the outcome, I don't think many will be satisfied. There is always going to be doubts and confusions. Very unfortunate. Personally, I think there is a lot more to solving the case then simply finding a DNA match. That is only going to tell part of the story. But the RTP are simply looking for a match and as soon as they do, will close the case and move on; no matter what role he or she played in the murders. Meaning, none , all, one of a few , one of many , etc.

In the interest of fair justice anyone charged with the murder should have a sample of their DNA taken, tested and matched by British authorities alone before being put on trial.

How will the british know where the DNA samples comes from? Do they have the body of the girl?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I welled up with relief when it looked like they were going to arrest Mon and his relatives for this crime the other week.

Now I feel physically sick thinking that they are going to pin it on poor innocents and the guilty carry on as normal, still in their positions of power with ample opportunity to carry out similar crimes, even more confident now that they are untouchable..

Will have to wait and see but that is how it feels right now. The plan was for the 3 footballers to be the heralded imminent 3 arrests, but since taxi driver didn't play ball with the fake witness statement they have had to shift of to 3 other most likely innocents. Poor poor buggers if they are innocent.

I am disgusted with the lack of DNA testing for the prime suspects - people that many people are pointing the finger at. Apparently many people on the island know who did this. I don't think many people on the island will know these 3 immigrant workers.

What's you obsession with Mon? He gave the sample. He's got all clear. I don't think he was involved in the crime at all. However he might be covering up for his own son or nephew. I have difficulty following how many sons he and his brother have altogether.

In any case the DNA test will provide the irrefutable evidence. I expect from the British government to take active role once they officially arrest culprits. The British authorities must request from Thais to allow them to conduct their own DNA analysis on samples provided. I would hate to see innocent people locked up and possibly executed for the crime they did not commit.

My focus on Mon is partly down to the fact that he is impled to have knowledge of what happened that night, he was floating around that night, and he refused to submit to a DNA sample.

Then after he *apparently* did so he was cleared in less than 24 hours. Yet even the head of forensic testing in Bangkok said the following week in an unrelated article that it takes a minimum of 48 hours to perform a test.

So explain that please.

Plus there is this rumour going round that his sample was a 70% match, which apparently makes it very likely that a family member is the culprit. I don't know where this 70% figure came from but it is referred to as 'common knowledge' amongst the islanders.

I'll grant you that I for one don't know 100% who did it. I am going off the signals coming from the island though with my suspixcions about this big family. They are not being protected and not investigated properly - not the behaviour surrounding an innocent family

Also explain what he was doing walking around the crime scene with police at 6am.

Edited by kkup

So explain that please.

I'll grant you that I for one don't know 100% who did it. I am going off the signals coming from the island though with my suspixcions about this big family. They are not being protected and not investigated properly - not the behaviour surrounding an innocent family

One way to explain your case is that the locals are jealous and like to talk a bunch of shit and spread rumors...

That being said ... The cops are obviously trying to cover up / pin on non-thais ...

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Thai police ever released DNA chart or profile? Something that couldn't be switched later for a frame up? I think I heard Brit family got some for an independent sample. "I wouldn't believe the Thai Authorities now to save my life": don't worry, it won't happen.

• Like 1

In the interest of fair justice anyone charged with the murder should have a sample of their DNA taken, tested and matched by British authorities alone before being put on trial.

How will the british know where the DNA samples comes from? Do they have the body of the girl?

The family came over and brought her body home a couple of weeks ago, presumably there was a post mortem in the UK and if there was sperm samples would presumably have been taken.

So I would assume whoever is charged would face the death penalty after the verdict on the Thai train rapist a few days ago...

Thats a serious consequence for a " pasty "..

Regardless of which (if any) suspect is a DNA match that does not necessarily equal the act of murder.

That applies whether it is one of the family or a migrant etc.

I guess they can beat a confession out of the migrants though and use that to convict on the murder charges? So wrong. Hopefully UK has DNA samples and hopefully can get access to DNA of anyone charged / convicted of these crimes before it is too late.

And for anyone there who does know the truth, it's one thing holding back and keeping quiet when no (new) innocent people are suffering, but it is something else if you know innocent people are being convicted of such a heinous crime they did not commit and the true culprits are still there and being smug about it. That cannot sit well with everyone

Edited by bunglebag
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So explain that please.

Also explain what he was doing walking around the crime scene with police at 6am.

He was only there to cover up and bribe the police if they found something that could lead to the village chief's son and brother.

Those who are serving injustice to innocent people, may they rot in hell and not only this, but let their own family members surfer and go through the same injustice in front of their eyes. Only then they will realize the pain caused by their karma.

• Like 1

The one thing that really puzzles me about this is, when this mon guy offered a million baht to the police if they could prove that his son was guilty, or should i say innocent., why didn't he say at the time that his son was in Bangkok when the murders took place. Nothing was mentioned of this until about 2 or 3 days later. And the police have not made public the so called cctv evidence showing his son in Bangkok. And didn't i read somewhere that the son was known to have left the island on the first boat the morning after the murders.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. All valid points that the police do not appear to have addressed. Probably never will.

So, they finally found 3 scapegoats? God help these poor people.

Don't you mean 3 more! Maybe this 3 are happy with the cash offer.

Well it was predicted by 95% , a set up it is lol

If I was Hannah or David parents there is no way I could accept innocent people being blamed for their murders

N.B. to relatives of victims' families: It is not uncommon that those that commit murder and get away with it by bribing the police, end up dead and floating in a klong. It is very cheap to arrange.

Edited by pasak

I would hate to think how much the 'DNA evidence' has been corrupted by now. Seems to be a lot of talk about DNA testing all and sundry, with all the results coming back negative (for the wealthier suspects). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DNA testing quite a lengthy process? Unlike the TV programs where the results have to be back within 47 minutes, I thought in reality it could take weeks for results to emerge. Hate to be cynical, but it all seems to be just lip-service to me. Love Thailand, but the Thai Police/officialdom have had themselves held up to ridicule with this case. And from what I've been reading on TV, with other cases in the past as well.

This report doesn't say very much really,, just that they are detained for DNA tests.

Like everyone else I am getting frustrated reading page after page, day after day of what seems to be rubbish spouted by officials. I think it will be more then difficult to cover this up, people are all over this and the world is watching closely.

I would have thought that if the 3 migrant workers did do it then surely they would have scarpered back to Burma by now with all the pressure to catch them and the talk of DNA profiling half the world.. Still, I guess we will have to wait until the next instalment in this farce.

I can only imagine how terrible it must be for the family and friends reading all this nonsense whilst grieving for their loved ones..

detained for dna tests! ...when are they going to detain the entitled sons of village headmen for a dna test??

Sorry, never had time to wade through all the posts. I find it truly AMAZING they can just pick suitable candidates to take the rap for these heinous crimes to keep the tourists flowing in and quieten the uproar save the Thais face..... This is a despicable/disgusting - monstrous way for any country to act using poor migrants to avoid the truth at the mercy of others who have no hope in hell of being saved by their own government.

Its an injustice at the Top level and a crime against humanity .............

Edited by ScotBkk