Police detain three migrant workers on Koh Tao for DNA test

webfact

Another blatant attempt of misdirection that fools no-one on this site. DNA the owner of the AC bar and get done with it. Either he's guilty or he's not - either way, it would stop all this social media circus, and it might go some way to redeem Thailand's reputation in the world's eyes.

• Like 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While semen of two different asian men was found inside the victim, the police jumps on circumstantial evidence to solve the case? If it weren't so sad, this whole sharade could make a good Monty Python movie ermm.gif

It's a Thai island. There is bound to be asian seamen all over.

• Like 1

I just looked up the percentages of unsolved murders around the world, quite surprising how many go unsolved, even in countries like the USA & the UK.

Some of you chronic Thai bashers should have a look yourselves, you may then realize it does happen in your own countries as well.

I welled up with relief when it looked like they were going to arrest Mon and his relatives for this crime the other week.

Now I feel physically sick thinking that they are going to pin it on poor innocents and the guilty carry on as normal, still in their positions of power with ample opportunity to carry out similar crimes, even more confident now that they are untouchable..

Will have to wait and see but that is how it feels right now. The plan was for the 3 footballers to be the heralded imminent 3 arrests, but since taxi driver didn't play ball with the fake witness statement they have had to shift of to 3 other most likely innocents. Poor poor buggers if they are innocent.

I am disgusted with the lack of DNA testing for the prime suspects - people that many people are pointing the finger at. Apparently many people on the island know who did this. I don't think many people on the island will know these 3 immigrant workers.

Thailand won't see any more of my money if they fit someone up for this.

I do feel that Sean knows a lot about what happened that night. It's one thing staying quiet when no-one innocent is in the frame but it's something else altogether to stay quiet if 3 innocent people are going to have their lives ruined / ended. Same applies to anyone who knows the truth really.

Edited by bunglebag
  • Like 1

While semen of two different asian men was found inside the victim, the police jumps on circumstantial evidence to solve the case? If it weren't so sad, this whole sharade could make a good Monty Python movie ermm.gif

Why not? I'll help you write the script.

I just looked up the percentages of unsolved murders around the world, quite surprising how many go unsolved, even in countries like the USA & the UK.

Some of you chronic Thai bashers should have a look yourselves, you may then realize it does happen in your own countries as well.

How do those figures look for mysterious foriegn tourist deaths.

You moronic idiot, its around 5% of murders that go unsolved in the UK.

Quite clearly it is almost impossible with set resources to solve 100%.

Well done for making yourself look like a stupid young boy.

• Like 2

That's as may be but do you thing for one minute that in the UK these family members would not be DNA tested, do you think for one minute that the original DNA samples or suspects' DNA samples would be tampered with? and do you think for one minute that the police would just accept a prime suspect's word that they were somewhere else at the time?

A complete joke - pure and simple

• Like 2

I welled up with relief when it looked like they were going to arrest Mon and his relatives for this crime the other week.

Now I feel physically sick thinking that they are going to pin it on poor innocents and the guilty carry on as normal, still in their positions of power with ample opportunity to carry out similar crimes, even more confident now that they are untouchable..

Will have to wait and see but that is how it feels right now. The plan was for the 3 footballers to be the heralded imminent 3 arrests, but since taxi driver didn't play ball with the fake witness statement they have had to shift of to 3 other most likely innocents. Poor poor buggers if they are innocent.

I am disgusted with the lack of DNA testing for the prime suspects - people that many people are pointing the finger at. Apparently many people on the island know who did this. I don't think many people on the island will know these 3 immigrant workers.

Thailand won't see any more of my money if they fit someone up for this.

What's you obsession with Mon? He gave the sample. He's got all clear. I don't think he was involved in the crime at all. However he might be covering up for his own son or nephew. I have difficulty following how many sons he and his brother have altogether.

In any case the DNA test will provide the irrefutable evidence. I expect from the British government to take active role once they officially arrest culprits. The British authorities must request from Thais to allow them to conduct their own DNA analysis on samples provided. I would hate to see innocent people locked up and possibly executed for the crime they did not commit.

It's not the fact that it has remained unsolved, it's the way they have gone about it. It's been poorly handled from the beginning.

This is a huge story in the UK and will be for a long time. The story of the murdered newly wed in South Africa got a one hour Panorama special devoted to it and this could easily go the same way. That would be devastating for the families who desperately need to move on, however i think this story is going to be pursued relentlessly until a believable conclusion has been reached.

The Thai authorities would be well advised to bring in foreign (UK) help to solve the case.

I think this. Idea, whilst it may have merit elsewhere, is a non starter in this case. Any outside help would depend largely on help from the local BIB.

Never mind the incompetence factor, never mind the alleged corruption and cover up factor, but LOSS of FACE would stop it dead in its tracks

My point is that the case will be pursued by the media for years until a conclusion has been reached, and that it would be in the interests of the Thais to get help since they're clearly inept. Of course you're right, and they won't accept the fact and will bumble on.

Even so, there are some very good investagative journalists in the UK who will follow this case if it is left unsolved, or if it appears a miscarriage of justice has occurred. The upshot of that could easily be years of bad publicity, loss of tourism, and worst of all, murderer(s) on the loose.

It needs more than this. If Americans were the victims, the FBI would be all over the island - and as they're 'untouchable' owing to their special relationship they would already have the perps in custody. GB doesn't have the same clout, but I hope a clandestine investigation is underway, maybe with US support. Journalists would be banned/deported/or worse as soon as they raised any alarm bells, so I don't hold out much hope that would be the way forward.

What's unique in this tragic case is the the RTP have been in the media spotlight from day 1, and their tried and tested methods of cover-up, collusion, and framing innocents has been harder to achieve - resulting in ludicrous actions and statements.

• Like 1

Point taken about unsolved murders. However it's highly unlikely that the UK police would fluff an investigation that involved CCTV and Semen on a tiny island.

Of course we don't know what the truth of this case is. It's not beyond the realms of possibility the killer(s) are Burmese. Burma has rapists and murderers too, but the way the case is being handled does not inspire confidence.

Well it was predicted by 95% , a set up it is lol

If I was Hannah or David parents there is no way I could accept innocent people being blamed for their murders

If this is the stitch up that I think it is, or have been expecting since day one. Then i sincerely hope that the Parents of the victims pressure the British police to go to Thailand with their own DNA samples and cross check it with the 'fitted up' suspects to make 100% certain that actual genuine perpetrators are going down and not just a highly suspect cover up.

And I mean, getting access directly to the suspects and obtaining TRUE samples. The consular staff of the suspects' home country can get the access and collect the samples on behalf of the British police. They have a right to visit the suspects in detention.

If the DNA tests nail them. and yet they continue to insist on their innocence, then I think we all know what has happened.

A good investigative journalist could probably expose enough to get the ball rolling.

I would love the British police to uncover this massive corruption.

Edited by Pure Belta

This is a huge story in the UK and will be for a long time. The story of the murdered newly wed in South Africa got a one hour Panorama special devoted to it and this could easily go the same way. That would be devastating for the families who desperately need to move on, however i think this story is going to be pursued relentlessly until a believable conclusion has been reached.

The Thai authorities would be well advised to bring in foreign (UK) help to solve the case.

I think this. Idea, whilst it may have merit elsewhere, is a non starter in this case. Any outside help would depend largely on help from the local BIB.

Never mind the incompetence factor, never mind the alleged corruption and cover up factor, but LOSS of FACE would stop it dead in its tracks

My point is that the case will be pursued by the media for years until a conclusion has been reached, and that it would be in the interests of the Thais to get help since they're clearly inept. Of course you're right, and they won't accept the fact and will bumble on.

Even so, there are some very good investagative journalists in the UK who will follow this case if it is left unsolved, or if it appears a miscarriage of justice has occurred. The upshot of that could easily be years of bad publicity, loss of tourism, and worst of all, murderer(s) on the loose.

It needs more than this. If Americans were the victims, the FBI would be all over the island - and as they're 'untouchable' owing to their special relationship they would already have the perps in custody. GB doesn't have the same clout, but I hope a clandestine investigation is underway, maybe with US support. Journalists would be banned/deported/or worse as soon as they raised any alarm bells, so I don't hold out much hope that would be the way forward.

What's unique in this tragic case is the the RTP have been in the media spotlight from day 1, and their tried and tested methods of cover-up, collusion, and framing innocents has been harder to achieve - resulting in ludicrous actions and statements.

They have as much clout as they want to have. Unfortunately, they just don't seem to be using it which really pisses me off.

They can do what they want to Thailand without any recourse.

However, diplomacy always come first when politicians are involved.

Edited by jucel

It's not the fact that it has remained unsolved, it's the way they have gone about it. It's been poorly handled from the beginning.

It's not the fact that it has remained unsolved, it's the way they have gone about it. It's been poorly handled a cover up from the beginning.

Corrected for you.

• Like 2

I would love to read that a suspect, the son of the local warlord, has been eliminated from the inquiry because his d.n.a. does not match that discovered in one of the victims. This rather than the "evidence" produced that he was in Bangkok at the time of the murders.

• Like 2

Well it was predicted by 95% , a set up it is lol

If I was Hannah or David parents there is no way I could accept innocent people being blamed for their murders

If you were Hannah or David parents what could you do about it. Nothing, zero, zilch, without cooperation which I am sure they will not get.

So so bad.....but the thinking is the same throughout Thailand' security people...... as long as there's a culprit...the mentality of the so many big people that run it all.....those in charge, is case done!...we found the one!!

The worst of it is......they believe in themselves!

Edited by ChrisY1

Innocent until proven guilty, or is it guilty until whatever the results turn out to be? One question, why hasn't the 22 year old son of the chief given any DNA? If he is so innocent the he will have no problems in supplying DNA. I feel sorry for these 3 guys because it may turn out that they are patsies

Year, try to detain or throw out journalists as a solution to "get out of the public storm"... (well, they might even be stupid enough to try that before they realise they just lost their pants in public again...)

The problem I smell there is a "lack of action" on the side of foreign governments... Behind the scene the "services" are "best friends" with far reaching ties and a a shared "dirty history" of secret detention centres and all sorts of secret service collusion. Some of our home countries happily use third countries for "their services" if they don't want to get their own hands dirty... Let's see how "active" the british government will become (or not....)