Police detain three migrant workers on Koh Tao for DNA test

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why does it have to be near the murder scene, it cant be a few blocks away?

CCTV and DNA,

you think that they are gonna frame innocents?

I don't

I do.

These same 3 guys really get around. They have been liked for every crime from Chiang Rai to Betong during the last 20 years.

Damn! It must be hard for them to admit that the victim is not known on this case. They are like dogs sniffing on everyone's hands.

You mean the murderer?

What about the headman's suspicious son?

I will believe in another perp only if that one has done a clean DNA check.

Why did they not do this? much much more than only suspicious

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the interest of fair justice anyone charged with the murder should have a sample of their DNA taken, tested and matched by British authorities alone before being put on trial.

+1

Well there's less than 24 hours to go with the story 2 days ago about arrests.

I simply cannot believe that these Police Chiefs are able to remain in their positions you know I was a fan of the Generals but his antics of recent weeks has made him look like a drunk man stumbling about from place to place. This happened on his watch and he's doing as much harm to rhe case as his bungling Police chiefs, what was it he said a couple of months back about those who were not good enough on their positions would face the possibility of the sack, well it's time to replace these Koh Tao Investigators and Police chiefs Mr. PM

Disgusted ….

Innocent men executed while killers protected ?

That hasn't happened yet. Let us wait and see,this is a high profile case attracting world wide attention, stitching someone up wont be easy. If the police really are protecting someone it would be far easier just to let the investigation run into sand,after 2 or 3 three weeks nobody will be interested. After the initial cock up i think that they are now trying their best,let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Problem is it isn't getting world attention any more the media has moved on.Sky News hasn't mentioned it for days they are covering that poor girl found dead in a canal.

Thats the nature of the media, today's story is wrapping up tomorrows fish and chips

I am assuming that everybody is clinging to the statement release by the police representative the other day that the case is 85% complete?

3 migrant workers have been detained (no arrest warrants issued AFAIK) awaiting results of DNA testing. This has already happened to 300+ people with no results.

Lets wait and see.........................wink.png

Is there no-one within the RTP that has the balls to say WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

because Thailand ALWAYS has an answer, for all and everything, not matter how stupid... daily experience... usually it's just not presented so plainly in the open as this ridiculous, shameful mockery...

And let's not believe that Thai would take any notice of it... or, if they do, then "mai pen rai..."

Never! Drop litter... It may be BLOWN into a murder scene...

A piece of litter recovered near the scene contains DNA from one suspect, a source...

This should help with the littering problem Thailand has now...litter and we'll collect your DNA and put you on the long list of patsy's for a future crime.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the interest of fair justice anyone charged with the murder should have a sample of their DNA taken, tested and matched by British authorities alone before being put on trial.

+1

As well as putting police officials in charge of this incompetent mismanagement murder case on trial themselves. They're a disgrace.

• Like 2

Well there's less than 24 hours to go with the story 2 days ago about arrests.

I simply cannot believe that these Police Chiefs are able to remain in their positions you know I was a fan of the Generals but his antics of recent weeks has made him look like a drunk man stumbling about from place to place. This happened on his watch and he's doing as much harm to rhe case as his bungling Police chiefs, what was it he said a couple of months back about those who were not good enough on their positions would face the possibility of the sack, well it's time to replace these Koh Tao Investigators and Police chiefs Mr. PM

• Like 1

God help them.

God help the expats that remain in Thailand for they are the ones supporting the regime. Do the right thing ... leave. I did and I feel better for it, how can anyone justify staying in a country that behaves in such a way?

I totally and utterly agree. However packing up and just leaving isn"t an option for some of us. For various reasons. Though I have told my family living abroad not to come and visit me in Thailand since the Aussie women's murder for a few baht in Phuket. That was the catalyst after all the unexplained hotel deaths ( poisonings ) of foreigners in Chiang Mai, Phuket. The unexplained rape and murder of the Pommy lass in Chiang Mai etc etc.

Thailand, since the 2008 finacial crash is just way too dangerous for rookie tourists that are exposed to desperate, drug addicted Thais.

Sad but true.

God help them.

This is our slogan TV for our campaign against the fitting up of these poor souls

God help them.

God help the expats that remain in Thailand for they are the ones supporting the regime. Do the right thing ... leave. I did and I feel better for it, how can anyone justify staying in a country that behaves in such a way?

At least, Thailand is not invading other countries on a weekly basis to "liberate" them, killing millions of innocent civilians AND children in the process! This is one criminal case gone dead wrong and this gets you to the point to condemn the whole country and leave? Leaving Koh Tao - yes, I can understand, but what has Thailand as such to do with the coverup on Koh Tao?

I too don't feel the need to leave Thailand just because of what's happening on Koh Tao. However, I do believe that what's happening there is just a microcosm of the general state of the 'Judicial' system throughout Thailand.

• Like 1

This is a huge story in the UK and will be for a long time. The story of the murdered newly wed in South Africa got a one hour Panorama special devoted to it and this could easily go the same way. That would be devastating for the families who desperately need to move on, however i think this story is going to be pursued relentlessly until a believable conclusion has been reached.

The Thai authorities would be well advised to bring in foreign (UK) help to solve the case.

I think this. Idea, whilst it may have merit elsewhere, is a non starter in this case. Any outside help would depend largely on help from the local BIB.

Never mind the incompetence factor, never mind the alleged corruption and cover up factor, but LOSS of FACE would stop it dead in its tracks

My point is that the case will be pursued by the media for years until a conclusion has been reached, and that it would be in the interests of the Thais to get help since they're clearly inept. Of course you're right, and they won't accept the fact and will bumble on.

Even so, there are some very good investagative journalists in the UK who will follow this case if it is left unsolved, or if it appears a miscarriage of justice has occurred. The upshot of that could easily be years of bad publicity, loss of tourism, and worst of all, murderer(s) on the loose.

• Like 1

why does it have to be near the murder scene, it cant be a few blocks away?

CCTV and DNA,

you think that they are gonna frame innocents?

I don't

You don't know what Thai police is capable of, framing innocent people is their specialty.

• Like 1

When we will finally hear about a SERIOUS reform of the colluded and corrupted Police Force?

This is the reform.

"Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. Its now the duty of the army to take over the task, Mr Suthep said.

Don't worry,...the case was 85% complete on September 27.

"KOH TAO: -- The police investigation into the murder of two British backpackers on Koh Tao, off the coast of Surat Thani, is 85 per cent complete, a police commander said September 27, 2014."

• Like 1