Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

So glad they catched the rapists and killers and i hope they still apply death penalty there.

They havent caught them, cant you read?
They are detained and one has said he killed them.
No shit sherlock, where have you been for the last 3 weeks?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely unbelievable nonsense, and I don't mean this anouncement about the suspects.

What is beyond belief is that every single poster on this thread (from what I've read so far) is ridiculing this latest progress after spending the last few weeks ridiculing the investigation's lack of progress in finding the culprits.

You lot have no information whatsoever on the case yet there are so many morons coming up with irrational comments like "I don't believe a word of it", "so they've found someone to blame it on", "have they checked the DNA", "BS", "this can't be right" etc, etc.

The world is not asking ThaiVisa members to solve this case, the Thai police are not asking that either, nobody outside of the investigation gives a flying fart what the uninformed, ignorant posters here think about what might actually be a professional, successful investigation. Ultimately it may not be, but so far things are moving in the right direction.

It seems that whatever Thailand does about anything will never be satisfactory to the vast majority of negative, mickey-takers that populate this forum and maybe it's time for these nay-sayers to shut up and accept that, whilst they may not like Thailand's authorities achieving some success in the investigation of these murders, by finding the alleged culprits the authorities are at least achieving something, and something positive.

Absolutely unbelievable nonsense, and I don't mean this anouncement about the suspects.

What is beyond belief is that every single poster on this thread (from what I've read so far) is ridiculing this latest progress after spending the last few weeks ridiculing the investigation's lack of progress in finding the culprits.

You lot have no information whatsoever on the case yet there are so many morons coming up with irrational comments like "I don't believe a word of it", "so they've found someone to blame it on", "have they checked the DNA", "BS", "this can't be right" etc, etc.

The world is not asking ThaiVisa members to solve this case, the Thai police are not asking that either, nobody outside of the investigation gives a flying fart what the uninformed, ignorant posters here think about what might actually be a professional, successful investigation. Ultimately it may not be, but so far things are moving in the right direction.

It seems that whatever Thailand does about anything will never be satisfactory to the vast majority of negative, mickey-takers that populate this forum and maybe it's time for these nay-sayers to shut up and accept that, whilst they may not like Thailand's authorities achieving some success in the investigation of these murders, by finding the alleged culprits the authorities are at least achieving something, and something positive.

Truly deluded..

A man of faith!

Gangthai is completely right.....you all moan about injustice and how bad Thailand is and you won't accept when a suspect confesses to a crime...what more do the Thai Police have to do?.....pathetic farang that want to live in Thailand and criticize Thailand forever.

Can you not accept the positives of Thailand?

Beautiful country, wonderful religion, wonderful King, best food, most illustrious history, friendly people, beautiful culture, amazing Thailand......why do you only bitch about Thailand?

Can you not see the corruption and badness in any other country?

I am truly blessed to live in the best country in the world and to respect Thai law and to abide by Thai law.....I don't understand the moaning and griping.....if you don't like Thai law....go back to your country...if you love Thailand stay and be respectful of the wonderful culture and kindness of the most amazing people in the world....you can be pathetic and criticize but Thailand is Number One and always will be

Oh look another new member apologist...

My my the shills are working hard atm

What a sad and deluded little person

But he makes a bloody good point, albeit it a little sugary, which is more than you can do.

Gangthai is completely right.....you all moan about injustice and how bad Thailand is and you won't accept when a suspect confesses to a crime...what more do the Thai Police have to do?.....pathetic farang that want to live in Thailand and criticize Thailand forever.

Beautiful country, wonderful religion, wonderful King, best food, most illustrious history, friendly people, beautiful culture, amazing Thailand......why do you only bitch about Thailand?

I am truly blessed to live in the best country in the world and to respect Thai law and to abide by Thai law.....I don't understand the moaning and griping.....if you don't like Thai law....go back to your country...if you love Thailand stay and be respectful of the wonderful culture and kindness of the most amazing people in the world....you can be pathetic and criticize but Thailand is Number One and always will be

This has been a party political broadcast by the Royal Thai Police.

Get a grip mate haven't you ever heard of freedom of speech? And FYI GangThai is a troll who is probably connected to the rtp, I called him/her out on this and she disappeared

Edited by bigjules007

on thai social media most thais don't belive the burmese are guilty.The Mafia man his brother and son are guilty.apparently mafia man's wife has high up connections and non of them have had their DNA tested.and the university video was faked

Look... With any luck Britain will issue a blanket 'Do not travel' warning on the country if the thai authorities refuse to co-operate & the investigation comes up short.

The British inquest into the deaths is set to report on the 6th January. That's the length of time it takes to conduct a real investigation, from that distance & with this amount of obstruction.

Neither the families nor Britain will let this go.

The UK embassy should be stepping in to this immediately with their own investigators. Read the Thais the riot act and get involved in this. They should interview the suspect/s, perform their own independent DNA tests and analysis, check out the crime scene, the weapons, and thoroughly cross examine the suspect/s with good guy bad gut routine. Thais should not be actively involved in the British investigation only as observers.

It's all over British media. Everyone is reporting that a Burmese man confessed to murder of two British backpackers. I am sorry to inform all Thai bashers with hideous agenda that your opinion counts for nothing here. The only thing which counts is what David's and Hannah's family think about the police work and their report. If they find their investigation credible and plausible and accept the verdict that the Burmese are guilty, so be it. In any case, everyone will have to wait for the DNA results. I also hope that the British government will step in and independently conduct their own DNA analysis of provided samples in case the Burmese are officially accused.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/02/burmese-man-confesses-murder-british-backpackers-thailand

Edited by Mackie

Look... With any luck Britain will issue a blanket 'Do not travel' warning on the country if the thai authorities refuse to co-operate & the investigation comes up short.

The British inquest into the deaths is set to report on the 6th January. That's the length of time it takes to conduct a real investigation, from that distance & with this amount of obstruction.

Neither the families nor Britain will let this go.

After 13 murders in five years and many other "suicides" and other deaths, surely they're duty bound to.

I know the number of a good psychiatrist if you're interested.

It's obviously not a very good one if you know him.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

why isnt a thai person capable? how about that ting tang that killed all those kids not long ago in bangkok? evil people are capable of anything doesnt matter where they are from!!!!

What about the hacking to death of the American with a machete by aThai taxi driver? How about the deet coverups and many other murders?

It seems there is a new trend here. Some people pretend to be Thais, but they actually are most probably embittered foreigners who are keen to be hated under their caricatural disguise by their insidious and outrageous portrayal of locals, just for the sake of making us believe that most Thais are complete morons.

Do not take everything at face value, people! Of course, there are idiots in every nation, but keep in mind that many people here are by no means what or who they claim to be.

Back to the main topic... Some people here believe that this is now too big a case for the truth not to be eventually discovered and revealed. I do not know whether or not the real culprits will actually be tried and punished in the near future (I certainly hope that it will be the case), but I would like to remind the most optimistic among you that the most amazing things can happen in this country and it is not because the world is watching what is happening that this ensures that true justice will be served and crimes actually solved. See what happened in the case known as the Blue Diamond Affair, for instance! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Diamond_Affair

There has been a cacaphony of problems.

1 - Among the first statements made - 'A Thai wouldn't of done this'

2 - Followed up by, 'You know, wearing a bikini is dangerous for everyone except ugly women'

3 - We think it was committed by one of the victim's secret homosexual partner in a fit of jealousy, because they shared a flat

4 - The island is locked down, apart from all the boats leaving

5 - Photos of the murder scene posted on social media, reputedly by investigating officers

6 - The bloodied shorts in the victim's bag were, by their own admission, put there by officers

7 - Civilians walking all over the crime scene

8 - Not pressing for DNA testing of influential figures, but immediately rounding up all of the Burmese, tagging them, measuring their feet and DNA testing them.

9 - Not charging influential figures that admitted threatening the Scotsman

10 - Reports of a beating of a taxi driver who claims that he was offered 700k to lie that he witnessed the murder.

Goes on and on. That's why people are negative, judgemental and disbelieving.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Quite a generalization on your part as well. Tho I'm not pursuing your thoughts or your views any further, rather disregarding them and thinking on my own - this still is a discussion forum, and as long as the people continue on topic, it should be in the hands of the forum moderators to draw the line what can and cannot be said.

I'm interested in the truth, and seeing the families getting proper justice, not about the banter; other persons' perspectives and speculations, but I still accept their points of views without judging.

Thanks for the off-topic post, though, drew my mind off of the murky place this investigation has gone to. Keep up the positive mood wai.gif

It's all over British media. Everyone is reporting that a Burmese man confessed to murder of two British backpackers. I am sorry to inform all Thai bashers with hideous agenda that your opinion counts for nothing here. The only thing which counts is what David's and Hannah's family think about the police work and their report. If they find their investigation credible and plausible and accept the verdict that the Burmese are guilty, so be it. In any case, everyone will have to wait for the DNA results. I also hope that the British government will step in and independently conduct their own DNA analysis of provided samples in case the Burmese are officially accused.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/02/burmese-man-confesses-murder-british-backpackers-thailand

You're wrong. The UK also has a right to choice. It is now being made to look foolish worldwide while it's citizens are murdered repeatedly in this country with no accountability.

Did you ever hear of the straw that broke the camel's back?

So glad they catched the rapists and killers and i hope they still apply death penalty there.

You have too much faith in the system. Once they are executed you can't bring them back. In America they say 4% of people executed are innocent. I would think the figure would be much higher, especially when poor black Americans are put on trial. I am against capital punishment, especially in a place like here where an innocent person can get stitched up, and then they are gone if executed and the guilty party is still running around. Even in Australia, many people have been convicted of murder and later found to be innocent. Imaging here how easy it would be to solve a case. Stitch up a Burmese and dispose of them. Right.

The most pain is felt by the family of the executed person, not the person themselves.

The danger that innocent people will be executed because of errors in the criminal justice system is getting worse. A total of 69 people have been released from death row since 1973 after evidence of their innocence emerged. Twenty-one condemned inmates have been released since 1993, including seven from the state of Illinois alone. Many of these cases were discovered not because of the normal appeals process, but rather as a result of new scientific techniques, investigations by journalists, and the dedicated work of expert attorneys, not available to the typical death row inmate.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/523

How many are still on death row but innocent?

Do you really trust the Thai scientific methods of investigation enough to hang them high? Right, they wouldn't convict an innocent person here would they?

Isn’t it better that they rot in prison (if guilty) rather than giving them the easy way out. Then if found to be innocent, they can be freed.

But on Thaivisa, there is a very large hang them high brigade. You must be a member.

If they David and Hannah were having sex on the beach then why has does the DNA on the sperm match 2 Asians and not once as it mentioned as being of a Caucasian.

The fact they try and make the victims look immoral after their deaths shows the Thai way of thinking.

Wrong , they maybe tried to have sex but was interrupted by the killer. So David never started, but the condom was there.

This is a scenario that is very possible.

So he took his shorts off. Left his shoes on.

One shoe was found in one of the drags marks leading to the water so it's clear he had both shoes on at the time. And one shoe was still on his foot.

Now I can assure you when you are fortunate to be in that situation the shoes always come off FIRST. Then the tshirt. Then whatever is left from there . No question.

Hannah was dragged to be raped around a rocky enclave which is where the confirm was found. David was already in the water by that stage. We know this already.

Shut up.

I hope our ambassador didnt say this, he needs sacking if he did .. but then he got his job via connections, the British ruling class are as corrupt and incompetent as the Thais.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists/

While there, he was given updates in the developments of the murder case and expressed his satisfaction on how the case was being handled and his government would not interfere in any way with the investigation. Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

The British Ambassador later said “Thailand and the UK have always mutually helped each other in the past and the cooperation has always benefitted both countries. This new development reaffirms our confidence in both our countries abilities.”

Edited by ffaarraanngg

I hope our ambassador didnt say this, he needs sacking if he did .. but then he got his job via connections, the British ruling class are as corrupt and incompetent as the Thais.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists/

While there, he was given updates in the developments of the murder case and expressed his satisfaction on how the case was being handled and his government would not interfere in any way with the investigation. Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

The British Ambassador later said “Thailand and the UK have always mutually helped each other in the past and the cooperation has always benefitted both countries. This new development reaffirms our confidence in both our countries abilities.”

Same statements on PBS

There has been a cacaphony of problems.

1 - Among the first statements made - 'A Thai wouldn't of done this'

2 - Followed up by, 'You know, wearing a bikini is dangerous for everyone except ugly women'

3 - We think it was committed by one of the victim's secret homosexual partner in a fit of jealousy, because they shared a flat

4 - The island is locked down, apart from all the boats leaving

5 - Photos of the murder scene posted on social media, reputedly by investigating officers

6 - The bloodied shorts in the victim's bag were, by their own admission, put there by officers

7 - Civilians walking all over the crime scene

8 - Not pressing for DNA testing of influential figures, but immediately rounding up all of the Burmese, tagging them, measuring their feet and DNA testing them.

9 - Not charging influential figures that admitted threatening the Scotsman

10 - Reports of a beating of a taxi driver who claims that he was offered 700k to lie that he witnessed the murder.

Goes on and on. That's why people are negative, judgemental and disbelieving.

11 - at the press conference, police saying; we will catch the real culprit not a random scapegoat, because the world is watching..

Yes!!! I know i am going to cop quite a bit of flak for this, but I am so happy not only for David and Hanna's families, but also for Thailand in general as well as the RTP. I am sitting here typing this with tears streaming down my face (fine go ahead and make fun I don't care), but the RTP have taken a lot of crap from would-be TV detectives about their investigation. Look, it may not have been textbook police work by our Western standards, but they have got their man/men in the end, and THAT is all that matters IMHO. As far as I'm concerned, the end justifies the means.

There are surely quite a lot of TV folk who are feeling quite foolish/embarrassed this morning after the disgraceful and childish comments they've made regarding the RTP/various conspiracy theories >_>

Lets hope everyone can now start the healing process from this terrible tragedy.

Yes!!! I know i am going to cop quite a bit of flak for this, but I am so happy not only for David and Hanna's families, but also for Thailand in general as well as the RTP. I am sitting here typing this with tears streaming down my face (fine go ahead and make fun I don't care), but the RTP have taken a lot of crap from would-be TV detectives about their investigation. Look, it may not have been textbook police work by our Western standards, but they have got their man/men in the end, and THAT is all that matters IMHO. As far as I'm concerned, the end justifies the means.

There are surely quite a lot of TV folk who are feeling quite foolish/embarrassed this morning after the disgraceful and childish comments they've made regarding the RTP/various conspiracy theories >_>

Lets hope everyone can now start the healing process from this terrible tragedy.

While you're feeling vulnerable, would you like to buy a bridge?