I Swear...This is the absolute TRUTH !

weegee

I would make a complaint saying that such a request is totaly inappropriate. Put some salt on their tales.

There are guidlines in the way these people should act. Have a look at them as well.

OK you do that cobber and see if you can get a new extension next time you have to go,just play along and get what they want ,,,you are depending on their DISCRETION.

I did and I did.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A married couple who sleep in different bedrooms - don't laugh, it happens a lot...especially if he's an old bugga with a heart condition - and she doesn't want to get pregnant anymore

...but, how would the Dept react to that?

THAT's been going on for at least 30 years....When my Thai husband and I asked for my visa to be based on our marriage rather than a work permit, we went through the same thing. We had to mix our clothes and shoes together in our wardrobe (and yes, we had to do the required 'point to' pix with those items). The officer also asked us to take a picture sitting on the bed together.

The officer was doing what the regulations required him to do. In fact, my husband outranked him and could have made it an issue. We smiled and did it; what would making a fuss about it accomplish? Besides, it's one of those stories that are fun to talk about later!

• Like 2

That's not necessarily only taking place in LOS !

Has happened continuously in some Schengen countries that officials ringing at the door at 7 in the morning, requesting access to your house and want to check bed room and bathroom to verify, if the foreign spouse is living with the husband or it it's a fake marriage to get a visa ...

I have a friend like the OP.

Married to his Thai wife and lived together legally in Thailand for about 20 years.

Suddenly he was asked by immigration to provide photos of him and his wife sat on their bed together.

You can tell from a picture whether two people do actually sleep/ live together in the same room surely?

Immigration, know require evidence of the foreigners , standing in LOS.wub.png

plus or minus, a centi metre.coffee1.gif

Cant be bothered reading all replies but this is a noncence post .With non immigrant O ( as stated by the op )they don't look for any photos of anything .For the marriage visa they do look for photos ,but definitely not the bedroom .

Cant be bothered reading all replies but this is a noncence post .With non immigrant O ( as stated by the op )they don't look for any photos of anything .For the marriage visa they do look for photos ,but definitely not the bedroom .

Boy....are you misinformed....and WRONG.

Tell me, why did you reply if you know everything, and didnt have to read all the replies.....

The laugh was thursday night....but you can carry it on if you like...I am sure there are a lot on here laughing at your well informed stupidity.

• Like 1

Tell me, why did you reply if you know everything, and didnt have to read all the replies.....

The laugh was thursday night....but you can carry it on if you like...I am sure there are a lot on here laughing at your well informed stupidity.

No need for a nasty reply .I have a multiple o based on marriage ,obtained in Laos ,so i should know something .The op said it was a multiplle o not a marriage visa .

Go back and read ALL the posts....get informed in what we are talking about, completely, before you make a reply....

Have a good night....

>>Go back and read ALL the posts..<< em,no i wont .Life is far too short .Mr Angry .lol

Edited by anto

No need for a nasty reply .I have a multiple o based on marriage ,obtained in Laos ,so i should know something .The op said it was a multiplle o not a marriage visa .

The OP is talking about an extension to stay, NOT an O visa........rolleyes.gif ..........coffee1.gif

Too lazy too look up 2 replies above yours???

You post is nonsense.

Edited by tartempion
  • Like 1

I flat out refuse to believe this preposterous story. If immigration had suspicions about the legitimacy of the marriage they would have the local police interview the couple. This is a troll post.

My wife has reminded me that we needed pictures in the bedroom as well. We weren't doing anything obviously.

It does show how ridiculous things can get. I don't see it proves anything, it's just ticking boxes.

You know how Thais loveToday we went to Swensens with my mother in law and my sister in law (with her phone) and the pics are on FB. taking pictures of everything. In the last 24 hours myself and my food have been photographed and posted to Facebook on 3 occasions. Today we went to Swensens with my mother in law and my sister in law (with her phone) and the pics are on FB. Not the one of the glass of water though for some reason. Bad composition maybe. I actually asked her if she wanted a picture before I started eating.

There are pictures taken by my wife in the UK of the back of my head as I walk down the street, locking the front door, walking to the car and taking something out of the boot. There must be thousands of pictures of landmarks in Thailand and around the world covered up by the face of some Thai female pouting.

Anyway rant over. I'm off back to the UK in a couple of weeks to work before I start thinking this is normal.

My wife and I sleep in separate bedrooms - and we each have our own wardrobes, one in each bedroom. We have been married for 10 years. The reason we do this is because I snore a lot - and loudly. So I guess that I could be deported from Thailand for violating the immigration/visa-laws of Thailand at the the next visa extension... unless I am willing to move some clothes from my wife's wardrobe to mine and take a photo which would be a lie. Hmm.