Digging A Well

Deadcert

I am thinking of digging a well, has any one done this and what were the pit falls if any :D

ummmm im guessing that your going to dig a well for water and not for throwing 5 baht in and making a wish.

there is a company in hua hin that does wells however, they have been known to encounter problems.

the main one i have heard about is that they are only able to drill to a certain depth,and any stone they encounter causes problems as they are not equipped properly for the job.

this company i believe charges about 70k for the well. but one friend who used them ended up having to get another company to finish the job.

Bangkok well company are a good outfit, they do the well in two days and have the equipment to do the job.although the cost is approx 155k.

Khun Somkiat is the sales man.

telephone:019408988

speaks ok english :o:D:D

I am thinking of digging a well, has any one done this and what were the pit falls if any :o

Hi Deadcert,

I have some experience in this area. I am a geologist and had to drill a well in the pranburi area for a factory. We were fairly close to the sea and the problem I encountered was saltwater. Had to drill several wells and eventually had to lease some land further from the shore to find freshwater and pipe it back to the factory about 500 meters.

The recharge was not that good meaning how much could be pumped out. I actually went to the the mineral resource dept. in BKK and spoke to some of the geologist there. Once they found out I was a fellow geologist they took me upstiars to their office and showed me the geohydrology maps for the area.

The problem is that even though Thailand is well watered with a lot of rainfall there is a very shallow soil layer. in my area only about 30 meters. that is sitting on top of a solid rock basement. That basement has many cracks and fissures which allow the groundwater to seep down into the rock. It rallt will depend on the sub-surface structures of where you will drill. I found a spot eventually that with a 4" well I could use a 1" drop tube and pretty much pump continously. I tried a 2" and the recharge was not enough to recharge continously. If it is for home use you should probably be able to pump enough water. Also remember that freshwater will will sit on top of saltwater so be careful no to drill to deep if you hit water. Be sure to use a good water filter too becuase you don't know whay kind of sewage or agricultural runoff might be in your area.

LL

I am thinking of digging a well, has any one done this and what were the pit falls if any :D

Hi DC

My experience in Isaan is that they will come and drill a well and if they do not strike water then you do not pay.

In my case they hit water at about 30 meters, however it has a strong magnesium content and is used purely for watering the garden, crops etc.

I suppose it could be filtered for domestic use, but we already have good city water.

Think we paid in region of Baht 5-6000

TBWG :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are still looking to DIG A WELL you can contact khun Peip on 06 3200525 or 0701290044

He can do a very good job and dig up to 200m.

All the best. Oh remember when you get awell dug up the Municipality will come and put a water meter on the well and you have to pay a water bill monthly.

If you are still looking to DIG A WELL you can contact khun Peip on 06 3200525 or 0701290044

He can do a very good job and dig up to 200m.

All the best. Oh remember when you get awell dug up the Municipality will come and put a water meter on the well and you have to pay a water bill monthly.

ummmmmm, i thought that you got a lisence to have the well,tis liosence lasts for 10years.

nothing to do with the water company and definately no meter.

• 5 months later...
this company i believe charges about 70k for the well. but one friend who used them ended up having to get another company to finish the job.

Bangkok well company are a good outfit, they do the well in two days and have the equipment to do the job.although the cost is approx 155k.

Khun Somkiat is the sales man.

telephone:019408988

speaks ok english :D:D:D

:D WOW 10K in the province of Sakeo :o Good job to. Have to buy pump etc seperate.

Edited by maprao