Koh Tao: All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

webfact

I now believe the shorts at the crime scene DID belong to the victim, David, and not the murderer.

see attached photos: post-92450-0-65266900-1412302321_thumb.ppost-92450-0-83629500-1412302388_thumb.p

In this morning's unmentionable newspaper (BP online), the Burmese suspect has admitted to being the mystery man in the cctv footage but denied being the murderer. The man in the cctv footage definitely wore light coloured shorts. Can anyone find another photo of the accused wearing light coloured shorts? Certainly the three on the motorbike caught on cctv don't appear to wear light shorts.

Thoughts?

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of my opinion of the people that wear a brown uniform and call themselves the police, of my opinion of the political corruption that takes place here including buying your way out of trouble with said brown uniform wearing people, I don't believe a bit of this entire investigation.

I am neither shocked or surprised at this outcome as I feel is this standard operating procedure here... and I have nothing to support this other than it's the opinion I have formulated as a result of what I have seen, heard and read...

I truly hope I am dead ass wrong on this.

Why even bother replying to these planted statements of disgrace.

If this is all true then it's great news for the families to these scumbags finally arrested and give at least some closure for them.

There's a lot of unsolved all around the world that will never be solved and the Thai police were under the pump from day one with such a high profile case.

Let's hope that all the authorities involved in this case will learn from this including procedures and press statements in future cases.

18 days is excellent work considering the amount of suspects they had to deal with.

Well done despite the press gaffs along the way!

Agree completely with you. As I mentioned in another thread, not exactly textbook criminal investigating, but, it now appears certain the RTP have found the culprits.

The way the families of David and Hannah have conducted themselves throughout this ordeal is a real credit to them. I am also extremely proud of the RTP for sticking to their guns and investigating they way they deemed most appropriate.

I believe this outcome will surely go some way to restoring people's faith in not only the RTP, but also in Thailand as a holiday destination.

Stay safe guys, use common sense and let's all stop with the silly conspiracy theories and get on with the healing process for all involved.

How can the healing process start, when its speculated that Thai Police are known for their lack of proper duty and care.

Since day 1, this whole fiasco is about tourism and you yourself add to that horrible practice.

Healing will start when parties outside of Thailand with no vested interest in Thailand have access to samples for testing

Should results confirm the Thai version, then so be it.... But be careful of jumping on the Police-Tourism-Incompetent bandwagon!

There is a reason why there are conspiracies... some of it boiled down to lack of trust in anything official in Thailand... You dont think the Junta took over Thailand. just for the hell of it,...... sheesh!

If they were really involved, then terrific they have been apprehended. But, unless the British (or anyone but the Thais) carry out and confirm the DNA samples really match, I am not convinced...... Also, I know allot of Burmese and Thai people. They DO NOT smoke LM cigarettes as a rule...... They are 66 baht a packet, this is 1/3rd of a days pay for the average Burmese person...... They smoke far cheaper brands usually

You have no leg to stand on in this particular case. There is a CCTV footage confirming that the suspect purchased LM cigarettes.

Unless a well off thai gave him the money to buy them. A thai that was down on the beach maybe.

or a foreigner

I think the key word here is 'grueling' in referring to the all day interrogation. I imagine the 3 would confess to anything after that. The Thai police have zero credibility--I would be more inclined to accept that they have caught the killers if they had included some British police in the investigation from the beginning and had them in on every part of the investigation from the evidence collection, testing,storing of evidence, interrogation, etc.

If the three are guilty, congratulations to the RTP for a great job. I don't know the facts of the case and am not in KT, so there are definitely many things which I am not aware of.

However, some question marks which would go a long way to ease some doubts based on what was previously reported. Please clarify.....

1) One of the suspects was curious so he just picked up a garden hoe which just happened to be there? Unless it was being used to set up a camp site for them to play guitar around

2) I was reading that they found an Iphone in one of the bushes outside the apartment of where one of the suspects were staying? Why throw it there out of all places?

3) Missing segments from the CCTV? What was in the missing frames?

4) Why did Sean run off after saying he was being threatened and posting those pics on FB? No motive, unless we jump on the "Sean is crazy" bandwagon

5) Why was DNA testing refused initially by the bar owners? And then when it was done, the results came back in 24 hours? I thought testing takes 3 days or so, especially given the time needed to transfer them to Singapore?

If this is all true then it's great news for the families to these scumbags finally arrested and give at least some closure for them.

There's a lot of unsolved all around the world that will never be solved and the Thai police were under the pump from day one with such a high profile case.

Let's hope that all the authorities involved in this case will learn from this including procedures and press statements in future cases.

18 days is excellent work considering the amount of suspects they had to deal with.

Good thing you started with the word "If". Otherwise it sounds you badly want this to be true.

The Burmese would have run if they did it.

Bothered to read the OP ?

While this was going on another team of police officers arrested the third man at a Surat Thani municipal pier after it was discovered that he had boarded a boat and left Koh Tao Island late last night.thumbsup.gif

UPDATE:

DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

BANGKOK: -- A police source has confirmed that DNA sample from two of three detained Myanmar workers matched with DNA extracted from semen found on a British tourist who was killed along with her compatriot on Koh Tao on September 15.

The source said the DNA results will be used to obtain arrest warrants to make formal arrests of the two suspects.

Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumpanmuang will hold a press conference to announce the arrests of the two on Koh Tao at 10 am Friday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/DNA-samples-from-two-Myanmar-workers-match-with-th-30244677.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-03

on 18 sept i posted:

Posted by lucjoker on 2014-09-18 14:02:04 in Thailand News

Was this "predator" aroused by just seeing a bikini?

Or by some other things done behind the rocks at night ?

I have no problems with that ,but others might loose control.

I was spot on , so now you know how to avoid problems ,arousing

simple minds can get you killed.

Well done to the Royal Thai Police , A difficult Crime to solve due to the large amount of foreigners and Migrant workers on the island. Anyone on this post who thinks they could have done a better job in two weeks of solving this crime should go home stop being a typical Farang layabout and get a proper job and leave the stupid comments out of the post. I bet the DNA comes back a perfect match for all three suspects.

DNA evidence is very easy to plant. I don't trust this investigation. If they have run tests of blood spatters on the defendants' clothing, evidence much more difficult to fabricate weeks after the crimes have taken place, I would have more confidence in the conclusion that these are the perps.

The Burmese would have run if they did it.

Bothered to read the OP ?

While this was going on another team of police officers arrested the third man at a Surat Thani municipal pier after it was discovered that he had boarded a boat and left Koh Tao Island late last night.thumbsup.gif

I think he meant they would have run the day after the murders. :rolleyes:

I think the key word here is 'grueling' in referring to the all day interrogation. I imagine the 3 would confess to anything after that. The Thai police have zero credibility--I would be more inclined to accept that they have caught the killers if they had included some British police in the investigation from the beginning and had them in on every part of the investigation from the evidence collection, testing,storing of evidence, interrogation, etc.

Why include the British? That would be a personal insult to the Thai police. We've had foreigners murdered in America. The baseball player from Australia comes to mind. He was shot in the back because a few punks were bored. Anyway, the Australian police weren't involved, and I seriously doubt the Americans would have wanted them involved.

I know what you're saying, and it would benefit the investigation if the Brits were involved. Still, this happened on Thai soil. The Thai police would be embarrassed and wouldn't want outside interference.

If they are guilty, then so be it, but consider these 2 things.

1. As a tourist, I always bought LM cigarettes for some reason.

2. What poorly paid Burmese could afford to smoke LM, more than double the price of cheaper brands?

My bet right now is that the planted DNA matches the two that the first interrogated Burmese was made to point out and not his.

UPDATE:

DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

BANGKOK: -- A police source has confirmed that DNA sample from two of three detained Myanmar workers matched with DNA extracted from semen found on a British tourist who was killed along with her compatriot on Koh Tao on September 15.

The source said the DNA results will be used to obtain arrest warrants to make formal arrests of the two suspects.

Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumpanmuang will hold a press conference to announce the arrests of the two on Koh Tao at 10 am Friday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/DNA-samples-from-two-Myanmar-workers-match-with-th-30244677.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-03

Gruelling interrogation, from a Thai aquaintance who has been detained on civil charges, he knows a gruelling interrogation is another word for intimidation and a little torture, but of course the ROYAL Thai Police would never stoop so low would they ??

I thought there was a promise of no scapegoats?

I am really sorry for the victims' families but this seriously smells like a set up. If it is being proved by an independent body (no, not the Thai police) I will retract my words and be happy that they found the murderers. Until then I remain very doubtful.

Yesterday the three were Win, Saw and Maw. Today they are Win, Sor and Mao. Am I nit-picking ?

The Myanmar and Rakhine (Arakan) languages don't use Latin letters, so there can be multiple ways to write the same name in English. Same for Thai: My girlfriend's nickname is 'Noy' but it can also be written as 'Noi'.

Gruelling interrogation, from a Thai aquaintance who has been detained on civil charges, he knows a gruelling interrogation is another word for intimidation and a little torture, but of course the ROYAL Thai Police would never stoop so low would they ??

Indeed, that is a practice which is reserved for more developed nations like the US CIA with their waterboarding.

Well done to the Royal Thai Police , A difficult Crime to solve due to the large amount of foreigners and Migrant workers on the island. Anyone on this post who thinks they could have done a better job in two weeks of solving this crime should go home stop being a typical Farang layabout and get a proper job and leave the stupid comments out of the post. I bet the DNA comes back a perfect match for all three suspects.

leave the stupid comments out of the post cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifwhistling.gif

Stupid is as stupid does?

Agree completely with you. As I mentioned in another thread, not exactly textbook criminal investigating, but, it now appears certain the RTP have found the culprits.

The way the families of David and Hannah have conducted themselves throughout this ordeal is a real credit to them. I am also extremely proud of the RTP for sticking to their guns and investigating they way they deemed most appropriate.

I believe this outcome will surely go some way to restoring people's faith in not only the RTP, but also in Thailand as a holiday destination.

Stay safe guys, use common sense and let's all stop with the silly conspiracy theories and get on with the healing process for all involved.

Meanwhile the real killers are sitting somewhere laughing and joking. Does that sit easy with you in cloud cuckoo land?

Too many on here are unwilling to accept any outcome other than a Hi So Thai.

They themselves are as bad as they claim the RTP to be. Only interesded if evidence points to Hi So.

Archived