Koh Tao: All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

webfact

If they were really involved, then terrific they have been apprehended. But, unless the British (or anyone but the Thais) carry out and confirm the DNA samples really match, I am not convinced...... Also, I know allot of Burmese and Thai people. They DO NOT smoke LM cigarettes as a rule...... They are 66 baht a packet, this is 1/3rd of a days pay for the average Burmese person...... They smoke far cheaper brands usually

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Sean to come out and make a public statement.

If the British Government also has genuine concerns, it's time firstly for the Ambassador in Bangkok to get involved, then David Cameron.

This investigation stinks like SH!T. Thailand the world is waiting and watching.

General IF these are the murders and rapists publish your evidence let the FBI be the neutral party in this. Let then come and DNA test the 3 "suspects" then let them have access to the DNA samples from the diseased ( if not already destroyed).

If they agree with the findings of the RTP I will accept and I will make a public apploigly to the police and certain members of the "elite" on Koh Tao, who I believe are liars and far worse.

The case is almost finished. What else do you want? The suspects confessed that they killed David and Hannah, the DNA samples matched.

Ehm: "Police are awaiting DNA test results to confirm their case."

But nah, let's not wait for that and declare the case closed. Based on... buying the same mainstream brand of cigarettes. Then whisk them off to some torture dungeon (don't they have a police station in Ko Tao built exactly for this sort fo thing?) and voila.

[As always: my comments assume the journalist/news article is more competent/legitimate than the police. Which is a big assumption.]

"But after a grueling daylong interrogation after the first suspect who confessed implicated his colleagues." - only a rally incompetent police force would say this...in any normal legal system, this would get the case thrown out....i think the term is "under duress"

If this is all true then it's great news for the families to these scumbags finally arrested and give at least some closure for them.

There's a lot of unsolved all around the world that will never be solved and the Thai police were under the pump from day one with such a high profile case.

Let's hope that all the authorities involved in this case will learn from this including procedures and press statements in future cases.

18 days is excellent work considering the amount of suspects they had to deal with.

Well done despite the press gaffs along the way!

Your replying as if this is true,,,,,,,,,,,come on troll somewhere else.

I liked the post where throughout the world this happens and the bad guys are never found. I still think instead of tagging tourist they need to tag people work close with tourist that make God awful wages.

"KOH TAO: -- The police have arrested three Myanmar migrant workers after 18 days have passed since the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao Island on September 15.

Initially one suspect confessed but two others denied.

But after a grueling daylong interrogation after the first suspect who confessed implicated his colleagues.

The two later admitted to the crimes."

Yeah right.....bah.gif

"But after a grueling daylong interrogation after the first suspect who confessed implicated his colleagues." -surely only a really incompetent police force would admit to this...in any normal legal system this would get the case thrown out of court....I think the term is "under duress".

..or are they trying to get a conviction before it gores to court.

lets hope they don't mysteriously "disappear" before the trial

In my opinion : if it looks like bs.... and it smells like bs ...... then it is probably bs ......

But I hope I'm wrong ..... and they really are the ones who did it

wai.gif

i feel like it just not real... to much backwards and forwards between ideas..

feels like 'we need a solution now'

this bit is reeking with "scary house" bits . . . . . yes they confessed after a stressy interrogation night . . .

Did anyone hear them screaming and yelling ?

also, DNA had been tested on them before, with no results, is this right? If so, the results they come up with now, seem to have been constructed.

Face loss, three innocent people have to die for what they didn't do. Thank you , Next topic please.

As with other posters , here's my warning : DON'T EVER PISS OF A THAI PERSON OF WEALTH, MONEY OR INFLUENCE. THEY ARE THE LAW AND THEY ARE OUT OF THE LAW and can do WHAT THEY WANT. THEIR MONEY AND INFLUENCE ALLOWS THEM TO ACT UPON THEIR LIKE and there is nobody to object. Never make a Thai person "loose the face" , it can lead to deadly reprise. Thailand is NOT a democracy and will never be, and surely not a country upholding human rights. It is THEIR country, they do what they want. If you don't like it, stay away.

I don't find it so inconceivable that these men would be capable of doing it: drunk, young, male, poor, illegally employed, drifter, sex deprived, cabin fever (island).

Do thaivisa naysayers accept that such people might commit murder?

I will if the evidence is scrutinized and approved by an outside source. Immigrant workers getting the blame for crimes they didn't commit are a dime a dozen here in LOS. These guys could be serial killers on the run for Burma for all we know. But at the moment I am just not buying it.

Police officers then led the two to a safe-house where they were intensively interrogated.

This is the scary bit . . . . . probably admit to anything while there.

Basically , you get unspeakable acts performed on you and given a living hell , and promise of a nightmare that will never end.

Or fess up and take a bullet in the head later( and be treated humanely until such time with maybe a cash amount paid to family)

These confessions mean nothing.

The truth was so close to the bone it was ordered up. (from on high)

If they were really involved, then terrific they have been apprehended. But, unless the British (or anyone but the Thais) carry out and confirm the DNA samples really match, I am not convinced...... Also, I know allot of Burmese and Thai people. They DO NOT smoke LM cigarettes as a rule...... They are 66 baht a packet, this is 1/3rd of a days pay for the average Burmese person...... They smoke far cheaper brands usually

You have no leg to stand on in this particular case. There is a CCTV footage confirming that the suspect purchased LM cigarettes.

"But after a grueling daylong interrogation after the first suspect who confessed implicated his colleagues." -surely only a really incompetent police force would admit to this...in any normal legal system this would get the case thrown out of court....I think the term is "under duress".

..or are they trying to get a conviction before it gores to court.

lets hope they don't mysteriously "disappear" before the trial

Hey ??? Let's hope THEY DO MYSTERIOUSLY DISSAPEAR before or after the verdict.

We are talking about INNOCENT people !!!!

Let the Thai court verdict them, issue three lifelong sentences, and then after one month in prison . . . . . .

hope the Thai drive them to the burmese border and let them walk across the jungle border line never to be seen again!

THAT would be a human touch of the affair for the Thai law force.

So the DNA results match according to the above AFP report....I thought the results weren't due yet, as they were just collected. If they were collected earlier, why where they not already arrested? Is this more poor reporting or poor police work?

Mr. Kent went on to praise the Royal Thai Police in solving the case and have shown exemplary professionalism as a crime fighting unit.

People from the UK must be so proud of their ambassador to Thailand.bah.gif

Another case of people believing what the media in Thailand claims to be true.

Are you really naive enough to believe that the ambassador actually said these words?

Don't believe anything that is printed by Thai media, it's all propaganda. All.

tell the British Ambassador how you feel

I have, and will do so every day until they get their own DNA tests done

https://twitter.com/KentBKK

I don't have social media but i hope those who do bombard Kent's account.

i have sent an email to the embassy and so far have only received an automated reply. If someone does actually responds I'm sure it will be a polite ' thank you ' and how my comments have been noted.

For others wishing to use the email route : [email protected],uk

Give 'em hell lads!

I don't find it so inconceivable that these men would be capable of doing it: drunk, young, male, poor, illegally employed, drifter, sex deprived, cabin fever (island).

Do thaivisa naysayers accept that such people might commit murder?

Harry, i think is very conceivable that they could commit the crime- what is inconceivable is that it has taken them so long to find the 3 Burmese people.

Knowing the island well, i am sure if it was 3 Burmese people they would have been picked up very quickly.

Archived