DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so Abigail was correct about the phone

wow how do the police explain it being with the suspects ?

you couldnt make this up lol

Regarding the mobile phone,if you watch the YouTube video of Hannah's friend being interviewed at the police station,at 1 min 22 seconds, you can see on the table in front of Hannah's friend is what i presume to be her own mobile phone, but if you look to the right on the desk near the bottle of water there is what looks to be a pink edged mobile inside a purple phone case. It looks very similar to the one in the attachment titled 'Thailand-last-pic' in Post 407 of this thread. Is that Hannah's phone? (sorry can not seem to attach the youtube video)

can you post link?

Yeah there right ..well done mariek nicely spotted

• Like 1

Regarding the mobile phone,if you watch the YouTube video of Hannah's friend being interviewed at the police station,at 1 min 22 seconds, you can see on the table in front of Hannah's friend is what i presume to be her own mobile phone, but if you look to the right on the desk near the bottle of water there is what looks to be a pink edged mobile inside a purple phone case. It looks very similar to the one in the attachment titled 'Thailand-last-pic' in Post 407 of this thread. Is that Hannah's phone? (sorry can not seem to attach the youtube video)

can you post link?

Brilliant work both of you, let's see how the RTP try to worm their way out of this one.

• Like 1

Which is exactly what you did.

You do not think that Thailand should be concerned about tourism ?

Is Phuket not an alternative dive destination to Koh Tao?

Before you go throwing your defensive accusations around you should note next time you're scouting my profile that I advocate a blanket 'do not travel' warning on this country.

Anything more to say? Because you'll get this deleted for bickering soon. Your aim perhaps.

Personally I'd rather it was left where it is so that people can pick out the ones who are posting in agreement with the thai police just to protect their interests in this country.

What exactly are my 'interests in this country'?

can you post link?

I believe the friend is on record as saying police asked her for Hannah's phone which had been left with her and for the password, both of which she naturally gave them. Hannah's phone in her last pic looks very distinctive and very much like the one on the table in the cop shop. I wonder how it could have ended up in the bushes near the Burmese suspects' residence no longer working and therefore discarded. Why would Hannah have taken it out with her, if it was no longer working as police said? Could understand more that a thief might throw out a phone, if it was locked with a password, but that was not what they said. Surprising that a murderer would throw away his victim's phone near his own room.

so Abigail was correct about the phone

wow how do the police explain it being with the suspects ?

you couldnt make this up lol

can you post link?

Abigail made 2 contradictory statements about the phone. Absolutely no credibility.

That is huge.

The look of that phone is very distinguishable and obvious.

Edited by blu3
  • Like 1

Interesting..general consensus on Thai forums is that it is a frame-up...similar to this forum. In addition, it is believed that the island-mafia are the ones involved. Too many bizarre scenarios, that don't seem to co-inside with the investigation. Well, well ..people are not buying into all this anymore...reputation for corruption is too high.

Abigail knew that the police had the phone, she presumed the police picked it up at the crime scene, i asked her to confirm with her friend and she came back and said that her friend had the phone and handed it to the police

the photo is proof

Abigail made 2 contradictory statements about the phone. Absolutely no credibility.

• Like 1

Wonder why the confession was so pivotal the case, if they have cast iron DNA and other evidence, or did the killers just want to unburden themselves.

How reliable is DNA and other forensic testing in Thai police labs? Are lab technicians liable to coercion or bribery?

What about fingerprint evidence from the garden hoe?

What test results have been found from the used condom found near the murder site?

Is there any evidence that the condom was used to have intercourse with Hannah? There would be traces of oil or rubber from the condom inside her.

What about other DNA traces apart from those from semen? If the condom used in this case, there would be other traces from the male such as hairs on the victims.

Many of these issues have not be mentioned at all in the investigation.

Wonder why the confession was so pivotal the case, if they have cast iron DNA and other evidence, or did the killers just want to unburden themselves.

How reliable is DNA and other forensic testing in Thai police labs? Are lab technicians liable to coercion or bribery?

What about fingerprint evidence from the garden hoe?

What test results have been found from the used condom found near the murder site?

Is there any evidence that the condom was used to have intercourse with Hannah? There would be traces of oil or rubber from the condom inside her.

What about other DNA traces apart from those from semen? If the condom used in this case, there would be other traces from the male such as hairs on the victims.

Many of these issues have not be mentioned at all in the investigation.

Finger print evidence on the hoe (hoe's)? i think 2 were used.

I seen them swabbing and wiping the hoes with swabs cotton buds at the scene. Im no expert but i think if there was finger prints that would smudge them no?

Looking at this picture, if you look where i have put the yellow box....you will see a square shape in the sand...to me it looks like its made from the hoe. So who ever was sitting there smoking had the hoe on the time at the time. premeditated?

I also think there was 2 hoes.

Just a thought...

post-221731-0-06805500-1412354913_thumb.

post-221731-0-73541300-1412355073_thumb.

post-221731-0-69898700-1412355086_thumb.

... there would be other traces from the male such as hairs on the victims.

I thought it was mentioned that Hannah was clutching blond hairs in her hand, in cadaveric spasm that can occur with violent deaths. And one of the guys had his hair dyed blond (and black again) so possibly it is his. Could also be her own hair.

I find it hard to believe that those two overcame both David and Hannah. More people were involved. Hannah would've made run for her life or at least started screaming and making noise while they were dragging David to the sea. The numbers simply do not add up.

Anything other than your keen deductive skills to back that up?

Multiple scenarios can explain how 2 men could have done this.

That's the problem. I don't see two men there. I see a man and a kid capable of killing people though. However there is no way I buy the story that only two of them overcame David and Hannah then dragged him to the sea while she was left 'unattended'. Furthermore suddenly there is only one murder weapon - a hoe. If my memory serves me well David was hit with some sort of a wooden stick. David's height was around 1.90 cm. His weight probably somewhere between 80-85 kg. The third man was there.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that those two overcame both David and Hannah. More people were involved. Hannah would've made run for her life or at least started screaming and making noise while they were dragging David to the sea. The numbers simply do not add up.

That's the problem. I don't see two men there. I see a man and a kid capable of killing people though. However there is no way I buy the story that only two of them overcame David and Hannah then dragged him to the sea while she was left 'unattended'. Furthermore suddenly there is only one murder weapon - a hoe. If my memory serves me well David was hit with some sort of a wooden stick. David's height was around 1.90 cm. His weight probably somewhere between 80-85 kg. The third man was there.

Nothing but speculation

you are wrong

the CSI LA page on facebook has several pictures of the damage done to david,

he was struck several times with the sharp end of the hoe,

he had no chance

you are wrong

the CSI LA page on facebook has several pictures of the damage done to david,

he was struck several times with the sharp end of the hoe,

he had no chance

I might be wrong. However the only DNA found on the hoe was Hannah's. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I thought it was mentioned that Hannah was clutching blond hairs in her hand, in cadaveric spasm that can occur with violent deaths. And one of the guys had his hair dyed blond (and black again) so possibly it is his. Could also be her own hair.

Pictured on the bike earlier they all had black hair

Pictured on the bike earlier they all had black hair

Yes I have seen that picture, also read the discussion about how dark/fair blonde it was and how well that colour was captured (or not) by CCTV. But it was mentioned more than once one of them had blond(ish) dyed hair, coloured black again.

OTOH if it was his hair, I would have expected that very prominent in the news so it probably was long, blond, Hannah's own hair...

Edited by Snookyville

Looking at this picture, if you look where i have put the yellow box....you will see a square shape in the sand...to me it looks like its made from the hoe. So who ever was sitting there smoking had the hoe on the time at the time. premeditated?

I also think there was 2 hoes.

Just a thought...

I thought that as well for some time, but it probably is the same hoe moved by police. It gets discussed in the other thread from around page 19, post 465 onwards but in a different context (was the hoe moved/planted). On page 20, in post 490 Tazwa attached a picture of the hoe in the garden bed, but from a different angle. If you 'twist' it 180 degrees the patterns of caked cement/sand on the blades look very similar. Most blood apparently sits on one side of the handle making it look in the pictures like two different tools. What's your take on that?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765351-koh-tao-all-three-migrant-workers-confess-to-rape-and-murder-of-british-tourists/page-20

No matter what dog'n'pony show they put on I think we all know it is BS. Push for independent confirmation collected and evaluated OUTSIDE THAILAND.

Oz

Its done and dusted. Now its time for the show trial. The real murderer is still on the island and can kill again.
Because you say so?
Troll, teach another class, make a few baht, go spend it in a beer bar. You have no idea what's going on here.
  • Like 1

oh well...found the phone by the suspects...guess somebody has been planting evidence ( a foreigner off course )

Thai Police say however they are happy they have caught the killers and rapists and have DNA and CCTV evidence to prove it, plus Hannah's mobile phone, which they claim was found on their premises.

post-220854-0-31453300-1412360514_thumb.

Edited by sabaitoo
  • Like 2

Unless I hear a confirmation from the British police or the FBI, I will never believe the results "obtained" by the Thai police.

Get over it guys - It wasn't a Thai no matter how much you wish that was the case based on an ignorant official's statement early on. There is no mass conspiracy by three guys (to admit to and reenact a capital crime) with police and laboratories (in Thailand and Singapore) or the folks who witnessed these guys at the scene singing or the video that captured at least one of them. The lab and police have not gone back and replaced the semen collected early investigation with these guys nor have they replaced the DNA in these guys to match the DNA collected.

Either you are too disappointed to accept it was not a Thai or too stubborn to believe your theory based on sketchy and partial reports and statements was wrong. Sorry but no wealthy Thai family killing and raping tourists in this case. I certainly can admit I was wrong on my initial take on who did this.

They have not been convicted yet but the evidence is now overwhelming they did it.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1