Two Days In Pattaya

meadish_sweetball

I'm not into the bar scene.

What would you locals recommend as must do's of Pattaya for a 2 nights' stay?

Crocodile Farm and Million Years Stone Park (virtually the same place).

Nong Nooch (gardens, mini zoo, elephants and elephant shows).

Underwater World.

Buddha Mountain (not sure the proper name. Thai Navy carved the outline of Buddha onto the side of a rather large rock/small mountain) Little south of Pattaya.

Mini-Siam (maybe. many models of famous places, including temples in Thailand and other places around the world).

Jungle Bunjee Jump ?

Pattaya Water Park

Ripley's Museum (3rd floor of the Royal Garden Mall)

You wouldn't make it through all those in 2 days (or could you.............. :o )

:D

Sight see by day, eat and shop at night.

If you are a sea lover, walk along Pattaya and Jomptien Beach, including the shore line between the two locations, in fact, if you are the energetic type, walk right around the shore line from Pattaya to Jomptien.

There will be plenty of places along the way to stop for food and drink.

Advice: Carry a long thick stick just in case of roaming dogs.

Pattaya Hill is a must for a wide view of Pattaya from up high. Lots of photo opportunities too.

You may not be into the bar scene but you still need to visit Walking Street at night, if for nothing else just to say you've been there. Some nice restaurants too, particularly for sea food.

Good shopping around the Royal Garden Arcade.

Yeah right :o

I don't believe we know each other. If I was interested in bar tips, I would ask. :D

Not nice to piss-off moderators :D

Besides, Meadish has been around for awhile, and probably has a good idea of who-is-who in the local scene(s), and who to ask for that kind of advice if he wanted it.

Hard to believe, but it is true that not everyone comes here for the bars and the girls. :D

There's also that teak temple in Naklua with the nearby dolphin aquarium thingy. Hear it's worth doing, never got to it. Somebody can fill that in for you, if I'm not imagining it.

Edited by calibanjr.

There's also that teak temple in Naklua with the nearby dolphin aquarium thingy. Hear it's worth doing, never got to it. Somebody can fill that in for you, if I'm not imagining it.

The Sanctuary of Truth !

Never been but heard about. The entire temple is made out of carved teak wood. Apparently it is quite a nice place.

I've seen pics of the dolphin thingy, but never heard where it is or anything else about it.

I don't believe we know each other. If I was interested in bar tips, I would ask. :D

Besides, Meadish has been around for awhile, and probably has a good idea of who-is-who in the local scene(s), and who to ask for that kind of advice if he wanted it.

Hard to believe, but it is true that not everyone comes here for the bars and the girls. :D

Sorry for being off topic but what is it about this forum why you guys get so uptight ?

Ask yourself Meadish, if you where chatting amongst a group of people in a bar (sorry restaurant) and asked the same question, and one guy gave you a reply as I did would you have responded in the same manner, or would you have took it with a pinch of salt and joked along ?

If yes then I hope I never end up on the same table as you and Kerry !

Relax guys :D

I hear so many good things about the Blues Factory, give it a try.

I will do the same next week.

Gerd

Gerd, Blues Factory is a bar. Well at least the one I went to was !

Not a bad place though, but waaay too loud for me !

Sorry for being off topic but what is it about this forum why you guys get so uptight ?

Ask yourself Meadish, if you where chatting amongst a group of people in a bar (sorry restaurant) and asked the same question, and one guy gave you a reply as I did would you have responded in the same manner, or would you have took it with a pinch of salt and joked along ?

I am highly relaxed - this comfy and ergonomic office chair was worth every satang. Thanks for expressing your concern about my well-being though. :D

It's much easier to appreciate a joke when it's delivered in the right setting... Online remarks can easily be misinterpreted, despite smilies. I don't know you, hence I don't know what your remark was intended as. Chances are you'd be more on edge if you were modding as well.

Two different environments with two different sets of rules.

But I take it you weren't trying to take the piss in a bad way. Fair enough. I'll have a Guinness then. :D

A real must is the Sanctuary Of Truth in Naklua. http://www.sanctuaryoftruth.com/ . It was I enjoyed the most, a very interesting place.

Also, the Nong Nooch Tropical garden, they have elephant shows and all kinds of entertainment. http://www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com/en/index.asp

The Alcazar Cabaret Show is also a pretty good one, it's on the Pattaya 2nd Rd. near the Central BigC shopping mall, don't expect any Vegas performances, but it's nice.

If I were you, I'd choose the Sanctuary of Truth for the 1st day in the morning and the Alcazar Show in the evening and would save the Nong Nooch tropical garden for the next morning.

Have fun!!!

Many people are not into the 'bar scene' but do like a drink. Me and the missus like to go out but not into places like soi 7 & 8 ( I do that alone :o ) There are many nice bars and restaraunts that cater for all tastes.

One we like to go in is the one with the waterfall out side along second road opposite Soi Pattayaland, can't remember the name, also go to the open air food places like Ninja on third road.

I like the English breakfasts, check the Pattaya forum for a list. By bar scene I assume you meant the naughty night life type bar as opposed to the cultural experience of an English pub. If you meant all bars forgive my advice.

I like the English draft beer at the pubs (pig and whistle among others) and the beer at that brew house on Beach road, although you can’t smoke there the food is good and the beer interesting.

For a good Jomtien beach profile check out http://www.thailandstories.com/article/non...-revisited.html

The char broiled lobster is great and reasonable at any of the big seafood places on Walking street. Check the prices and choose the best ones that day.

Edited by kerryk

The Sanctuary of Truth !

Never been but heard about. The entire temple is made out of carved teak wood. Apparently it is quite a nice place.

I've seen pics of the dolphin thingy, but never heard where it is or anything else about it.

There you go, meadish, a most definite 'must do'! :D

Another has to be meeting up with with 'calibanjr' and 'Kerryd'... :o

Don't forget to visit the 'Believe it or not' Ripley museum at the Royal Garden Plaza; it's great.

There is a genuine shrunken head in there, they say it is from Equador, but I am suspicious because it looks like the shrunken head of a farang bar owner I used to know from about five years ago on Soi Bukhaew, before he got forced to give up his bar to make way for a condo.

I'm quite relaxed as well, having just returned from some bars and other "establishments". :D

People (like me) in this (Pattaya) forum do tend to get a little uptight when people make comments like:

"Yeah right :o "

in response to a comment like "I'm not into the bar scene" that comes from a well-known, long time member of the board.

Had I made the same comment though ("I'm not into the bar scene"), then your comment would have been totally appropriate ! :D

(knowing your audience helps. If in doubt, look at the persons stats below their avatar. That can help you determine who you are dealing with, and commenting on, though it wouldn't help much in my case ! :D )

Had your comment ended with a smiley like this: :D or this :D , it would have been taken in an entirely different context, and the follow-up responses would have reflected that.

As a member of the Pattaya Defense League, I am often quick to jump on people that appear to be maligning the city for no good reason.

There are a lot of "bashers" out there that look for opportunities to trash this city and those that live here, or plan on visiting here.

There are even more people here (in this forum) that know what the city has to offer and are willing to take up keyboards, shot glasses and draft glasses to defend it !

Never met Meadish, and don't see a lot of his posts. Not sure what he is like in person. As for myself, well, didn't have too many people avoiding me at the Thai Visa Pissup party recently ! I'm sure if you ended up at a table with me, it wouldn't be the highlight of your night, but you wouldn't regret it either. :D

Sight see by day, eat and shop at night.

If you are a sea lover, walk along Pattaya and Jomptien Beach, including the shore line between the two locations, in fact, if you are the energetic type, walk right around the shore line from Pattaya to Jomptien.

There will be plenty of places along the way to stop for food and drink.

Advice: Carry a long thick stick just in case of roaming dogs.

Pattaya Hill is a must for a wide view of Pattaya from up high. Lots of photo opportunities too.

You may not be into the bar scene but you still need to visit Walking Street at night, if for nothing else just to say you've been there. Some nice restaurants too, particularly for sea food.

Good shopping around the Royal Garden Arcade.

This is actually a very pleasant and envigourating walk. If you start by going up Walking Street (at day!) you walk past the boat marina and boat yards along the coast around to the small lighthouse. You can either access the look out points by following the main road or by climbing up the flights of (new?) stone steps. On the hill itself there is a network of paths you can explore reaching up to the memorial to the Thai sea admiral (from what I can remember, I think the first to have been trained in western naval techniques). Well worth the exploration effort.

<snip - inappropriate comment deleted >

<snip - response to inappropriate comment deleted - the response was OK but I think it's best if all reference is removed>

Anyway, I second Royal Garden: Ripley's area! I had the best time there, spending about 5 hours there, with simulation rides, mazes, the great Ripley's exhibit, & a haunted house. A very potent amount of cool stuff on the top floor.

Edited by Jai Dee

One question which hasn't been asked is "are you travelling with the missus and kids or otherwise"?

A family man is likely to have different requirements than a single man.

If you are going to be in the area meadish, let me know when and I'll catch up with you if you like.

If in doubt, look at the persons stats below their avatar. That can help you determine who you are dealing with, and commenting on, though it wouldn't help much in my case ! :o )

Not wrong... all that establishes in your case is that you can't spell... :D

Not wrong... all that establishes in your case is that you can't spell... :D

Waht yuo talkin' abtou ? :D

(For some silly reason I thought there was a difference between the "ent" and "ant" endings. At the time I set that, we had a lot of political (Boon Mee) topics running and discussions about Republicans and Democrats.

I was going to make it "Throbbing Member" but was concerned someone would "sanitize" it ! :o