Thai Immigration boss warns of fake extension stamps

For a visa agent to be trustworthy, he must apply for a visa extension in the same area in which you reside!

If you live in Pattaya and he applied for a visa for you in Ayudhaya this is illegal.

The same goes for lots of people that live in Bangkok and have extensions of stay issued in Samut Prakran and Samut Songkram.

Thai Immigration law is very specific, in that you are only allowed to legally apply for a visa extensions of stay, at the Immigration office in the area which you reside!

Try and do a 90 day report on a Bangkok address in Jomtiem Immigration and see what happens!

Be careful?

Per above. There is no computer form for payment, it is handwritten from a book. And they got a stamp from another area than where you live.

That are not good signs, but not necesarrily mean that the stampt itself is wrong.

For how much was the receipt? Immigration charges 1,900 baht for an extension.

The genuine sample shown is from Chiang Mai Immigration. Does anyone have a genuine sample from Phra Nakon Si Ayutthaya immigration ? Need to verify if mine is genuine. Is agent Express Visa in Pattaya trustworthy ? Can an agent fake immigration receipt. It is printed from computer.

If you live in Pattaya and have a stamp from Ayutthaya immigration, then it's not legit.

You must use the office assigned to your area.

Immigration have jurisdictional issues that can only be addressed by you getting their services in your area of registered residence.

There are maps of Immigration Jurisdictional areas, which are the nominated area of responsibility in your locale.

Thai Police cannot legally sign for, or authorize any act, in a jurisdiction that they do not have legal authority to do so, as each officer has their legal authority outlined in a police appointment order given by the commissioner.

This is primarily to ensure that police officers do not need to travel long distances to undertake their duties!

To verify applying of one year visa extension... I have asked the immigration personnel and they say I can apply the extension from anyway in Thailand. Need not go back to our local office.

I can assure you if you show up at an immigration to apply for a one year extension of stay that is not the assigned office for where you live they will turn you away. This is why most offices want proof of residence.

In fact any extension other than for a tourist visa or exempt entry requires you do it at your assigned office.

The same can occur if you go to an office to apply for any extension with a TM7 form that has an address on it outside their area they will turn you away.

I was in Songkhla extending my non-O one year visa and they did not turn me away although previous Non-O visa was issued in Chiang Mai and with my local address is in Chiang Mai. As long as they renew the non-o visa extension..it is legit and legal.

How did you get a visa extended. Visas are not extended or issued at immigration (other than for qualifying for certain extensions of stay).

How many years ago was that. It will not happen now unless you have a local address to use.

I was in Songkhla extending my non-O one year visa and they did not turn me away although previous Non-O visa was issued in Chiang Mai and with my local address is in Chiang Mai. As long as they renew the non-o visa extension..it is legit and legal.

Technically they do not have jurisdiction to issue you an extension! If there was a crack down, and your extension was noticed, it could be voided and you deported.

"How did you get a visa extended. Visas are not extended or issued at immigration (other than for qualifying for certain extensions of stay).

How many years ago was that. It will not happen now unless you have a local address to use."( Re: post #100)

Isn't staying overnight mean having a local address? What constitutes a "local address" for extensions- one day, one week, one

year?

Edited by joealx

"How did you get a visa extended. Visas are not extended or issued at immigration (other than for qualifying for certain extensions of stay).

How many years ago was that. It will not happen now unless you have a local address to use."( Re: post #100)

Isn't staying overnight mean having a local address? What constitutes a "local address" for extensions- one day, one week, one

year?

Overnight certainly would not be enough for a one year extension of stay.

They want to see that you are living within their area of responsibility. Many immigration offices will want to see a formal rental or lease agreement. Or proof of ownership it your own residence or if married to a Thai their house book showing it as their registered residence.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

-----------------------

Or perhaps, because they think their "business" is to important to do such "common people" stuff, not because they are not merely pompous conceited arrogant p_ _ _ks (as others see them).

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

-----------------------

Or perhaps, because they think their "business" is to important to do such "common people" stuff, not because they are not merely pompous conceited arrogant p_ _ _ks (as others see them).

You have to understand everyone is different, mentally and physically. I cannot stand crowds and sometimes will have panic attacks, combined with extreme heat the whole visa immigration situation is not a barrel of laughs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Second page on TM7 (extension form)

"APPLICATION MUST BE MADE IN PERSON."

Unless I am mistaken. Legal power of attorney can process your extension for you.

It is funny how people can twist the meaning of such a simple statement. You are free to bring a legal representative with you, but it is a very simple statement - which is really hard to misinterpret. The application must be made in person - not by an agent, not by a proxy, not by a lawyer.

It is funny how people can twist the meaning of such a simple statement. You are free to bring a legal representative with you, but it is a very simple statement - which is really hard to misinterpret. The application must be made in person - not by an agent, not by a proxy, not by a lawyer.

That can be the rules but it seems Immigration doesn't care as long the proxy is one of the Thai agents with which they "work" every day.

Beside, I would still love to see, e.g the CEO of a top Japanese company showing in person for his yearly extension.

That can be the rules but it seems Immigration doesn't care as long the proxy is one of the Thai agents with which they "work" every day.

Beside, I would still love to see, e.g the CEO of a top Japanese company showing in person for his yearly extension.

It can be done in person, but does not have to be in the immigration office. I would expect that for the elite of the elite are treated differently - maybe even house calls of a sort. Probably lawyer for the company would do the paperwork, and the immigration officer would receive it and visit the corporate offices to finalize it if they need to be "in person" (takes a matter of minutes out of the CEOs time).

It can be done in person, but does not have to be in the immigration office. I would expect that for the elite of the elite are treated differently - maybe even house calls of a sort. Probably lawyer for the company would do the paperwork, and the immigration officer would receive it and visit the corporate offices to finalize it if they need to be "in person" (takes a matter of minutes out of the CEOs time).

Not just the elite, anyone can pay a representative. Rules say something and then they do something else. Sorry to see it's for hard for you to accept that.

Not just the elite, anyone can pay a representative. Rules say something and then they do something else. Sorry to see it's for hard for you to accept that.

I am not, but there is no need for the CEO and company to pay a representative visa mill. They would likely hire an actual immigration officer, and by doing that they have all the bases covered. It is done "in person" with immigration, there is no need for a CEO to sit in immigration, and they get excellent service. Why would you hire an "agent" when you can hire the real deal. Not that much different than the hiring off-duty police for security in North America.... which is not that uncommon.

Big companies often fall under the Board of Investment and thus under special rules, as they deal with he One Stop Service Centre. Often the human resources department takes care of things with the One Stop Service Centre instead of the person having to go themselves.

I am not, but there is no need for the CEO and company to pay a representative visa mill. They would likely hire an actual immigration officer, and by doing that they have all the bases covered. It is done "in person" with immigration, there is no need for a CEO to sit in immigration, and they get excellent service. Why would you hire an "agent" when you can hire the real deal. Not that much different than the hiring off-duty police for security in North America.... which is not that uncommon.

Correct, I didn't even think of that.