Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, I haven't read it smile.png

Good luck Thailand with your brave new world...that pretty much confirms your total naivety or confirms that you're taking the p*** out of everything else. *sigh*

I take it you haven't read Aldous Huxleys "Brave New World" Thailand had a similar type of Brave New World long before Huxley ever wrote it! you just have to read between the lines! to get the message!

Stop the Thai bashing , if you don't like it why you're staying in Thailand? Go home to your perfect western world.

Oh.... My.... God....

Having read most of your posts I thought you were just a thai sympathiser but now I realise that you're either thai or delusional.

'If you don't like it, go home'? Ring any bells for anyone?

WHAT!!! An undercover agent biding their time... coffee1.gif

Stop the Thai bashing , if you don't like it why you're staying in Thailand? Go home to your perfect western world.

I am leaving Thailand. But not to my perfect western country. But to another Asian country where I feel more safe than in Thailand. Where the people can not kill me, my children, or my friends or my family and get away with it.

Happy now Balo?

No regards

Martin

Welcome to Cambodia biggrin.png

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.

Only the subsequent trial and hopefully conviction of one or more of the suspects will go to show how thorough the investigation went. I am glad the General has stated openly that the investigation team has worked hard and maybe 'rewarded'. A 'reward' may not be any more than recognised Police Commendations for the investigating officers - often done in the UK and elsewhere.

In many murder investigations there are many services engaged, including the Forensic Service, which is obviously a very important part of this murder investigation because of the reliance of corroborating DNA evidence, and possibly other evidence that the police are, quite rightly,holding back on divulging to the media.

'Bashing' the investigation team is totally unhelpful, without first hand knowledge of the progress of any investigation. In a tourist spot, this is made very difficult because the population is transient, especially with (illegal?) migrant workers engaged in the tourist industry. As I said earlier, investigation has to be painstakingly thorough to achieve the right result - time will tell, but with 'confessions' and re-enactments to be tested in a Court of law and with the level of media interest in this case, I am sure the general public will learn more.

• Like 1

Pol Gen Somyot said that, "the phone is a key piece of evidence against the suspect." This is the phone they say was dumped by the Burmese suspect in bushes near his home.

Hmmm, so if the phone is a key piece of evidence against the suspect then what does that say about the police? They were allegedly given the victim's phone by her friend the next day'

Edited by Tazwa
  • Like 2

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.

Only the subsequent trial and hopefully conviction of one or more of the suspects will go to show how thorough the investigation went. I am glad the General has stated openly that the investigation team has worked hard and maybe 'rewarded'. A 'reward' may not be any more than recognised Police Commendations for the investigating officers - often done in the UK and elsewhere.

In many murder investigations there are many services engaged, including the Forensic Service, which is obviously a very important part of this murder investigation because of the reliance of corroborating DNA evidence, and possibly other evidence that the police are, quite rightly,holding back on divulging to the media.

'Bashing' the investigation team is totally unhelpful, without first hand knowledge of the progress of any investigation. In a tourist spot, this is made very difficult because the population is transient, especially with (illegal?) migrant workers engaged in the tourist industry. As I said earlier, investigation has to be painstakingly thorough to achieve the right result - time will tell, but with 'confessions' and re-enactments to be tested in a Court of law and with the level of media interest in this case, I am sure the general public will learn more.

if you have knowledge of how the RTP operate mixed the culture of certain aspects of the country.

if you have knowledge of how the RTP operate mixed with the culture of certain aspects of the country maybe you wouldnt say that,or maybe you do.
Edited by kingalfred

Upon conviction by a just court of law, I'm sure he meant.

The trial and conviction of the suspects seems to be missing. I'm sure that would be required before praise or rewards can be dished out. Sounds like the outcome of the trial has already been prejudged if not prearranged.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Pm speaks up now that Patsys are found and without any trial

Or even legal representation for the boys.

Pm you are no different to those before you.

Your words on corruption that led me to believe you were a good guy and a noble man has been grossly misplaced

Prayuth Shinawatr is how I will think of you from now on.

I hope the world sees this for what it is. Now I understand why you remained quiet and uninvolved and uncaring.

Same same and not different.

• Like 2

I would have thought he would have waited until a conviction by the courts. Oh silly me, once charged convicted no appeal, this after all is Thailand, your guilty unless the court agrees with you which in this case would be highly unlikely. So lets reward the incompetence NOW and move onto the next problem.

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.<SNIP>

Finally! After struggling through pages of negative remarks I finally found a comment that is worth reading! Thanks for that, I agree 100% with you! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gifwai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

Think about this: If the Police was really desperate to find a few scapegoats then why not shoot and kill a few Burmese guys and plant evidence on them? That would have been so much more easy then keeping them alive.. But they are alive and if they are really innocent then they will speak up someday.

Edited by SamuiAxe

Were you the case officer of the Jimmy Saville case?

If you a former case officer, words fail me, have you followed this case???

Did you see the crime scene photos on day one....explain how a member of the public can be in attendence, a member of the public who became a prime suspect?

Thgis is the RTP were talking about, not one of the most respected police forces in the world.

• Like 1

"General Prayuth said he could not predict that tourism situation would be improved or not after the successful resolving of the murder case because there are other factors which may have impacts on the tourism industry."

Other factors? Like they didn't get the real murderers and covered up the case by presenting to the public the scapegoats?

Scapegoats? No, no...! the powers that be vociferously deny.

TSK, TSK. TSK !!! Will Farang ever will understand Thainess

Some Thais know better and stay silent, others don't but stay silent and the majority of Thais, even if they know better, they remain silent.

In dysfunctional Thailand There are rewards for doing the job they are paid to do but seldom do.

In Thailand those caught (key word) doing something wrong, are not sacked; they are moved to a special Department of inactive posts.

If you think that the phrase: "Round up the usual suspects!" originated in Casablanca, think again.

This I did not expect from the PM

Looked like he did a good job - until now

I am very disappointed

As am I. I have now lost all faith in the general and it is now quite obvious that absolutely nothing will change in Thailand.

• Like 1

And the Thai bashing continues.....

I don't know if you can see the history of my posts, but I generally only post when I have something informative or positive to say. My mother taught me "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all". I've been a member for many years and have relatively few posts.

Also, if you can review my previous posts, you'll see that I've never engaged in "recreational Thai bashing". Indeed, you'll see that I've generally defended Thais. I believe to this day (having lived here 8 years) that the average Thai is a very caring and moral person.

I won't defend their driving habits, but that another issue. I will also say that the police are the last people here I would call for help; that, also, is another issue.

I love living in this tropical paradise among some of the most beautiful people I've ever known; that's why I'm here and hope to never leave. For sure I'm not living in Kansas anymore Toto, but everyday is a bit of new adventure and I love it.

"Foreigners" are always an easy scapegoat anywhere, not just here. For sure, sometimes they are the culprits. My own personal experience is that my next eldest brother was murdered by Nicaraguans in Los Angeles (who fled the country the same day). Sure it happens.

All that said, I have some very disturbing "gut feel" ("sniff test") concerns about what is happening here. We should not forget that migrant workers are probably here just trying to find a better life for their families back home, which I think any of us would be doing in similar circumstances.

I simply hope that the real culprits are identified, and most importantly, the families involved can find some peace and closure.

So its all based on this feeling you have something is not right .

Yes its easy to think this is a setup , very easy TIT. I try to look at it from both sides.

If you think they planted the DNA on scapegoats to fool the whole world, fine thats your privilege to think that , together with a whole bunch of other expats and Thais who feel the same as you do.

Of course migrant workers are in Thailand to find a better life.

But a killer can be anyone , what is the fact here is that 80% of the workers on this island are immigrants , not thais At least thats a fact . So why would a hi so influential Thai destroy his business and the whole reputation of the family business by suddenly killing two tourists?

So if we look at the odds here , I would say its more likely that the arrested guys did it than they are picked as scapegoats after a 3 week chase by RTP,

Edited by balo

In many countries giving financial rewards to law enforcement is corruption. It only encourages unethical and immoral police behavior to push the envelope on investigations to do whatever is necessary to get an indictment. And while the accused have confessed, remember they have not been tried and convicted. Will now more "crimes" be uncovered and indictments made with further expectations of a reward? But here it's Thainess.

• Like 2

Note the careful use of the phrase "resolving the Koh Tao Murder case"..........................a world of difference from "solving the Koh Tao murder case".

Not just sloppy phrasing, I suspect....................