PM will reward police team for resolving Koh Tao murder case

Lite Beer

Best and appropriate reward for them would be transferred to an active post i.e. Yala, Narathiwat on a daily night patrol. They shall be ashamed what they done to Thailand.

Which would provide even more ammunition to the separatists - 'Look who Bangkok is sending us now. You see what they think of us?' I do not think it would be a good idea at all.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.<SNIP>

Finally! After struggling through pages of negative remarks I finally found a comment that is worth reading! Thanks for that, I agree 100% with you! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gifwai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

Think about this: If the Police was really desperate to find a few scapegoats then why not shoot and kill a few Burmese guys and plant evidence on them? That would have been so much more easy then keeping them alive.. But they are alive and if they are really innocent then they will speak up someday.

Firstly they have planted evidence on them. Secondly their deaths will be coming soon labelled as suicide. Make no bones about it.

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.<SNIP>

Finally! After struggling through pages of negative remarks I finally found a comment that is worth reading! Thanks for that, I agree 100% with you! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gifwai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

Think about this: If the Police was really desperate to find a few scapegoats then why not shoot and kill a few Burmese guys and plant evidence on them? That would have been so much more easy then keeping them alive.. But they are alive and if they are really innocent then they will speak up someday.

Firstly they have planted evidence on them. Secondly their deaths will be coming soon labelled as suicide. Make no bones about it.

This planned reward feel like a "SHUT UP and GET ON WITH IT". It would mean that no more work will be done on the case as it has been "solved". It does not matter whether the two Burmese persons accused of the brutal murder are guilty or innocent. It just does not sit well with me that you have another thread where Police were willing to pay someone for testifying. It is very telling of the kind of people that are supposed to be protecting the public from bad elements. This incident makes me shudder and I will never go to a place like that in Thailand.

Stop the Thai bashing , if you don't like it why you're staying in Thailand? Go home to your perfect western world.

Sorry mate.

This shit about leaving is no longer accepted as a brush off for your disheartened self or others of your kind. Nobody has to adhere to your personal thoughts on what others perceive as sickening towards their own kind. Anyway, this would not effect people like yourself, now you've gone over to the other side .. so to speak .... Freedom of speech mate, no need to abide by the cynics rules - they make no sense to us FARANGS ......

• Like 1

It's thier bloody job. You don't give kickback to people for doing what they are paid to do. This leads to unethical and corrupt methods. Gees police will be running around setting up the 1st scapegoat they can find just for the reward.

They already did !!!

• Like 1

PM said that he was "confidant that the police had done a good job and that the two suspects are not scapegoats."

If it`s GOOD ENOUGH for the GOOD General, it`s GOOD enough for ME.

After all, PM is the Supreme Commander of the Police Department and the Police Commissioner General is his hand picked appointee so he knows you know.

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.

Only the subsequent trial and hopefully conviction of one or more of the suspects will go to show how thorough the investigation went. I am glad the General has stated openly that the investigation team has worked hard and maybe 'rewarded'. A 'reward' may not be any more than recognised Police Commendations for the investigating officers - often done in the UK and elsewhere.

In many murder investigations there are many services engaged, including the Forensic Service, which is obviously a very important part of this murder investigation because of the reliance of corroborating DNA evidence, and possibly other evidence that the police are, quite rightly,holding back on divulging to the media.

'Bashing' the investigation team is totally unhelpful, without first hand knowledge of the progress of any investigation. In a tourist spot, this is made very difficult because the population is transient, especially with (illegal?) migrant workers engaged in the tourist industry. As I said earlier, investigation has to be painstakingly thorough to achieve the right result - time will tell, but with 'confessions' and re-enactments to be tested in a Court of law and with the level of media interest in this case, I am sure the general public will learn more.

Can we TV members nominate you for a SPECIAL REWARD 'as well' since your so self sure of yourself and the outcome. Thanks for all that we can all go back to watching the movie now .....................

• Like 1

Rewarding the police even before the case been to court is not very wise. I have been here over 30 year now and almost given up hope for this country, but for the younger generation in this country I wish that one day they don't need to take this shit any longer and that they will be governed by clever and honest down to earth people.

• Like 2

Rewarding the police even before the case been to court is not very wise. I have been here over 30 year now and almost given up hope for this country, but for the younger generation in this country I wish that one day they don't need to take this shit any longer and that they will be governed by clever and honest down to earth people.

Don't despair. Social media is now ensuring scandals can no longer simply be swept under the carpet. Younger people are also increasingly simply not believing the flapdoodle the old men in uniforms feed them with in the first place. The genie is out of the bottle and there is no putting it back. It may take time, but there will be change.

This just shows that all people involved in this investigation consider it closed.

There will be no trial by jury, they have already confessed. Only sentencing to be completed, a mere formality.

Back slaps all around and thank god eh? High season is about to start!

This whole business has stunk from day one.

Does anyone really believe those Burmese kids did this? I am sure they could be capable of rape and murder but what kind of animal is capable of what happened to those poor kids? It was done with such ferocity and brutality only someone with serious involvement and massive loss of face could be capable. No one who isn't crazed up on drugs could do such a thing surely? I am afraid that this animal is still out there and quite capable of doing something similar again.

• Like 1

and he WILL, he knows he can get away with it,

and another burmeese will carry the can again sad.png

This just shows that all people involved in this investigation consider it closed.

There will be no trial by jury, they have already confessed. Only sentencing to be completed, a mere formality.

Back slaps all around and thank god eh? High season is about to start!

This whole business has stunk from day one.

Does anyone really believe those Burmese kids did this? I am sure they could be capable of rape and murder but what kind of animal is capable of what happened to those poor kids? It was done with such ferocity and brutality only someone with serious involvement and massive loss of face could be capable. No one who isn't crazed up on drugs could do such a thing surely? I am afraid that this animal is still out there and quite capable of doing something similar again.