Drinking Water

BlimeyCharlie

Hi

My girlfriend has a filter system about her kitchen sink. She says it is perfectly safe for me to drink from it. Does anyone know wether i should stick to bottle water, but i've heard some rumours that your not always buying what you think anyway.

Many Thanks

And the water source is?

The type of filter is?

Your normal source of water is?

In Bangkok most districts water is considered safe to drink (all should be safe at source) and filter is just added protection. But if a shallow well upcountry you might want to boil it first (although the taste is awful). That is where I would stick to bottled water from major players.

I think what kind of filter is the question.

As a rule I don't drink tap water in any country (though some have actually improved).

Bottle water-it certainly true much is no better or different than tap and possibly worse. Howevere some, IMO, ARE certainly better. A little research and finding out a good company might be worth it.

If you go to Lotus, Big C etc plus any of the big hardware stores you will find water filter kits which are quite safe to use provided that you remember to change the cartridges regularly.

Out in the boonies where I live we collect rain water from the roof into stainless steel tanks and use that for drinking. There are no real side effects unless you count the 3rd eye in the back of my head, though that may just be temporary until my 2 year old son grows up a bit.

There are no real side effects unless you count the 3rd eye in the back of my head, though that may just be temporary until my 2 year old son grows up a bit.

hahahaha ... I've a year and a half old son - khao jai dee dee!