Skin tissue biopsy

lumply

I received the histopathology report in July for an excision lesion. The procedure was carried out on my left shoulder competently by a Dermatologist in Dubai. Although the margins of resection themselves were without tumour, it was suggested by the diagnostic centre backed up by the Dermatologist that I should have further pathologic assessment of neoplasm. Having been referred then to a an Oncologist who was most unhelpful when asked "where do I get the lymph nodes checked out", I have decided to get an assessment done elsewhere.

Thailand could possibly be my choice. I have spent a lot of time in Thailand over the years but have never had to call on medical assistance there. However I have heard good things about hospitals.

Can anyone suggest a cancer hospital in BKK and/or an Oncologist who might be able to offer an opinion on the histopathology report and suggest a course of treatment (if necessary). OK, if I go to the UK it could take ages although I have heard that cancer cases, or in my case suspected cases, are fast tracked.Any views please?

Thailand is not the place for optimal evaluation or treatment of skin cancer or melanoma if that is what this was. These conditions are very rare in the Thai population.

Especially with what sounds like a questionable histopath result, would strongly advise returning to the UK assuming you are a UK citizen. If not, the "skin cancer/melanoma capital of the world" is Australia, they have more experience with it there than anywhere else.

Thailand is not the place for optimal evaluation or treatment of skin cancer or melanoma if that is what this was. These conditions are very rare in the Thai population.

Especially with what sounds like a questionable histopath result, would strongly advise returning to the UK assuming you are a UK citizen. If not, the "skin cancer/melanoma capital of the world" is Australia, they have more experience with it there than anywhere else.

But unfortunately hospitals are very expensive here but for the most part very good.