Confused..! "ENTER BEFORE" date on my Tourist Visa

Actually, it depends on the interpretation of the officer on the day, best to enter the day before if at all possible and avoid the possibility of getting a 30 day entry instead of 60 days.

I don't recall any reports in many years of anybody having a problem entering on the last day.

But I do always suggest that a person should plan on doing it the day before rather than risk a delay causing the loss of an entry.

Actually, it depends on the interpretation of the officer on the day, best to enter the day before if at all possible and avoid the possibility of getting a 30 day entry instead of 60 days.

It does not depends by the interpretation. It means "enter before the midnight of ...." just like the entry stamps means "allowed until midnight of ..."

It does not depends by the interpretation. It means "enter before the midnight of ...." just like the entry stamps means "allowed until midnight of ..."

are you sure about this? so, in the case of the OP, if he reenters today before midnight, there will be no problems? Thank you for your help.

edit: not the OP but the example in the second post. "Enter before Oct 5" means "come back to Thailand before 23:59 on Oct 5"?

Edited by qquestion

are you sure about this? so, in the case of the OP, if he reenters today before midnight, there will be no problems? Thank you for your help.

edit: not the OP but the example in the second post. "Enter before Oct 5" means "come back to Thailand before 23:59 on Oct 5"?

5th starts at midnight on the 4th. So you arrive in Thailand sometime on the 4th

5th starts at midnight on the 4th. So you arrive in Thailand sometime on the 4th

No. The OP is allowed to use his visa until midnight of the 5th. You can read and search on this, that's the way it is.

Some immigration offices used to take "before" literally but I haven't seen any post mentioning it being done for about two years. It is the the consulates that use "before" wrongly; it should be "not later than" or "until"

Wow........Thai Immigration is even able to change the meaning of English words and phrases.

Before the 5th is in my opinion on the 4th at 23:59'59 at the latest............w00t.gif

Your opinion only. Again, it means "Enter before (end of) ...".