Credentialed Practicing Counselors

calibanjr.

Does anyone have a contact for a credentialed counselor (in CM area) with experience in substance abuse/alcohol dependency? Looked on the "I drink too much" board and elsewhere, no luck.

It may not apply to your post directly, but those knowing people with opiate addictions can google the word ibogaine vvand look for the website ibogaine dossiere . It is a drug that comes from the plant 'tabernanthe iboga' in West Africa and has the ability to eliminate physical and psychological withdrawal from opiate addiction without withdrawal distress.

...Ken

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a contact for a credentialed counselor (in CM area) with experience in substance abuse/alcohol dependency? Looked on the "I drink too much" board and elsewhere, no luck.

It may not apply to your post directly, but those knowing people with opiate addictions can google the word ibogaine vvand look for the website ibogaine dossiere . It is a drug that comes from the plant 'tabernanthe iboga' in West Africa and has the ability to eliminate physical and psychological withdrawal from opiate addiction without withdrawal distress.

...Ken

look at www.ibogainethailand.com

Chiang Mai International Group of Alcoholics Anonymous

Meetings are twice daily at 9.30am and 6.30pm at McCormick Hospital,

133 Kaew Nawarat Road, in House 11 behind the main building.

Any tuk-tuk or red taxi will be able to take you to McCormick Hospital.

Please ask the guards or nurses to show you to House Number 11.

Meetings are all open except Sunday morning, which is a closed meeting.

As for other substance abuse (heroin for example), not one of my mates that have used it have lived to tell the tale..

guys, I looked up Ibogaine last night, and sounds fascinating. Sure theres debate about why this hasnt been used extensively for drug addiction, but the pschological self discovery aspect sounds like a blast. A scary one possibly. Anyone heard of any experiences with this in Thailand??