For information - 90 day visa run by air

As I reside in Rangsit, I decided to experience a 90 day visa run by air rather than action a visa run by land from say Sukhumvit

Last Thursday travelled same day round trip to KL. Departed 10.00hrs and returned 16.25hrs.

Bkk to KL round trip 2,220 (only hand luggage)

Bus round trip 24

Total cost 2,244

Departed house 08.30hrs (on-line check in) and returned home at 18.30hrs. Total travelling time 10 hrs.

I understand that one of the visa run companies is now charging B2,300 due to an increase in Cambodian visa.

Would I recommend it? Yes, if living this side of Bangkok but obviously depends on whether you are able to secure a cheap flight like I did albeit not always the case.

Advantages: Approx four hrs flying time in comfort and able to wander freely and explore the many different shops situated in KL airport.

Disadvantages: A very long walk to KL AA departure gate.

post-196112-0-95758600-1412393538_thumb.

• Like 1

As ubonjoe quite rightly stated, book your 90 day visa runs in advance to reduce the costs

As from today, AA are offering reduced air fares from Bangkok to Chiang Rai (local bus to Mae Sai) for B980 round trip (hand luggage only), plus B200 seat allocation.

If I remember, round bus trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai approx B60 together with B500 Myanmar visa (if still the same price) and of course you have round trip taxi from CR airport to city, let's say B300. I know it's close to the city. Total cost let's say B2,040.

If you intend to stay one or more nights just add on say B500 for one night's accommodation. I know that there are decent hotels near CR market for this price.

Booking period from today until next Sunday. I have already booked trips in March and June 15.

Enjoy.

Edited by hathairat2711

If you want to use the time and wish to experience the 1st Class in Emirates A380 Try the Bkk to HK flight for Baht 33,000. Leaves Bkk at 13.45 Arr Hkg at 17.45

Leave Hkg at 22.10 Arr Bkk at 00.05

Great food and wines

• Like 1

Can someone please explain to me why someone has to do a "90 day visa run"? I have a one-year, multiple-entry O-A retirement visa. I understand that if you stay in the country for 90 days you have to report to immigration, and I usually travel at least every days anyway, but why does one have to do this? Is it to avoid reporting? Thanks in advance.

Can someone please explain to me why someone has to do a "90 day visa run"? I have a one-year, multiple-entry O-A retirement visa. I understand that if you stay in the country for 90 days you have to report to immigration, and I usually travel at least every days anyway, but why does one have to do this? Is it to avoid reporting? Thanks in advance.

The OP has a multiple entry non-o visa that only gives a 90 day entry. So he has to leave every 90 days to get a entry.

You get a one year entry from your non-oa visa for one year from it's date of issue. So you can stay longer than 90 days and just make 90 day reports,

With a valif multiple O-A visa you do not need to do a border run every 90 days. You are allowed to stay for 1 year every time you enter Thailand on your valid visa.

People who have to do 90 day border runs have not applied for an extension of stay allowing them to stay for 1 year, or do simply not qualify for the extension.

As ubonjoe quite rightly stated, book your 90 day visa runs in advance to reduce the costs

As from today, AA are offering reduced air fares from Bangkok to Chiang Rai (local bus to Mae Sai) for B980 round trip (hand luggage only), plus B200 seat allocation.

If I remember, round bus trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai approx B60 together with B500 Myanmar visa (if still the same price) and of course you have round trip taxi from CR airport to city, let's say B300. I know it's close to the city. Total cost let's say B2,040.

If you intend to stay one or more nights just add on say B500 for one night's accommodation. I know that there are decent hotels near CR market for this price.

Booking period from today until next Sunday. I have already booked trips in March and June 15.

Enjoy.

Agree book in advance;

just booked for my gf 90day adn i juts go for the ride :-) to Phnom Phen

4,545 baht r/t on air asia for dec 19th, 100 baht for seat.

Edited by phuketrichard