Independently Investigate the horrific murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

BKK Blues Brother

OxLXvqBuISxWdXu-556x313-noPad.jpg
Independently Investigate the horrific murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller
    1. Petition by

christopher harkins

Canada

Multiply your impact Turn your signature into dozens more by sharing this petition and recruiting people you know to sign.
YOU
YOUR
FRIENDS
avg.
THEIR
FRIENDS
approx.
share-pane-circles-fd2c53ce55185a5f638af

Knowing full well that the Thai authorities are notoriously corrupt and have in the past intentionally withheld and/or planted evidence in order to protect murderers that are well connected,and with accusations of police offering bribes to false witnesses, we are not able to trust that the two Myanmar nationals being detained have not had their confessions forced out of them and as such cannot trust that they are responsible for the horrific rape and murders of David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23.This being said, we demand a full independent investigation to be conducted by the government of the United Kingdom into these deaths in the hopes that the families of these victims may know justice has been served and that the deaths of two more possible innocents might be avoided.

To:
The Government of the United Kingdom, UK Ambassador to Thailand Mark Kent

Sincerely,
[Your name]

Recent signatures
News
  1. Reached 5,000 signatures
  2. Over 382 supporters in just a day!
    default_user_icon-0f83709782d4d6ab03c776
    Petition organiser

Thank you all for taking the time to sign this petition. There have been some developments that further suggest that the Thai police are trying to use the Burmese as scapegoats and Andrew Drummond has written a piece detailing accusations that hot boiling water was poured on the Burmese captives heads in order to force their confessions.Also there is the fact that the police had Hannah's phone in their possession then directly planted it on the Burmese saying that they found it with them.

Links to both of these are below and thanks again and keep spreading the word.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/10/boiling-water-and-beatings-claim.html

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10629248_708492652561796_2994340691453606316_o.jpg

Hannah-wai-susp.jpg
    BOILING WATER AND BEATINGS - CLAIM FRIENDS OF BURMESE ON MURDER AND RAPE CHARGES

PLEASE DON'T CLOSE THIS CASE! Three of the out of group of nine Burmese who were friends of the two who now face the death penalty in Thailand for murder the murder of two British backpackers were tortured by Thai police six days ago, it was claimed today.

3. Reached 250 signatures
Supporters
Reasons for signing
. .
  • Maytawee Choo CHIANG RAI, THAILAND

Regarding the DNA tests, these two burmese shouldn't be just false murderers. But there are TOO MANY questions that haven't been clarified (I have been listing like an A4 paper long of how many red herrings I found and all the stories that don't match and don't make sense. I posted them on CSI LA page already though)

We have been privately investigating on this case by ourselves (we cannot access to the original evidences, only from reporters and creditable anonymous) --I'm not telling you to believe us; things we have heard might have got twisted too, neither do we believe in everything we heard yet we did analytically think through the evidences we have got. And we are disappointing that the officers have been cheekily working on this case and leaving lots of questions from the society unclear.

As I'm Thai myself, I didn't want anyone to perceive that my country was such an awfully dangerous country because the crime could happen anywhere. I wanted to protect my homeland too. But the fact that three of my British friends happened to be there at the day the murder took place; they were sitting right next to the victims having no idea they would end their lives there. It's shocked me to death thought they were my friends. From this tragedy, it quiet made such an awful experience to my friends, and I felt ashamed as a host, so it brought me here. I went through details and lots of questions arose. The more I have looked up to the reports and tribute pages, the uglier the truth is turning up.

I cannot protect my country if I have to lie to cover an ugly truth.

And we have been working hard finding the truth and being curious to keep the case alive because we have HOPE. Because its involved the other nations, elsewhere that we believe it's more possible to find justice.

We hope we didn't work for nothing and the victims didn't die for nothing too. We has been staying curious to make this case alive and now that there's a possibility to get all the answers to our questions before they close this case and remain these all unclear by asking for this case to be independently reviewed again.

I want justice to speak louder than money this time. Please help make it possible.

• Scarlett O'Connor LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

I believe justice needs to be served. I have no faith in Thai authorities, especially after living on Koh Tao myself. The real killers need to be found ASAP rather than blame being passed to save face.

• Joanne Liggitt WATERFORD, IRELAND

Thai police cannot continue to get away with this behaviour. This time it's involving 2 British people so the world media are watching. Save the lives of these 2 innocent burmese boys and help find the real murderers!!!

• Jacqueline Zibung LUCERNE, SWITZERLAND

I live on Koh Tao, I am aware of how things work here. If we wanna make sure that no innocent people are being punished, the UK NEEDS to get involved.