Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

Up to 9,500 now... COME ON 10k alt=thumbsup.gif>

I want to 'vote', but the version of the 'change' website I get is all in Thai (I mean the area to be completed to register my 'vote').

Am I misunderstanding it? Or....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller?lang=en-GB

• Like 1

Again based on what is being reported ...

There friend who was with them right up until the crime will be a witness against them.

Witnesses have put them around the scene at the time of the incident as well as video.

They didn't come forward despite weeks of the publicly stating they were looking for those singing/playing guitar and in at least one of the videos.

A phone of one of the victims was found at their place. (not the phone Facebook forensics keep showing that was collected and displayed by police in the first days of the investigation)

They confessed

They reenacted in front of hundreds of people.

And the big kicker -- their DNA matches the semen on the victim.

And to add ...

The Semen DNA collected well before these two identities were known was also sent to Singapore. So, at least two labs have typed the DNA. Now we have two suspects who match that DNA. Two suspects unless who disappear from the face of the earth (along with their family) will be able to be checked again by their lawyers, NGO and others who want to prove their innocence down the road. (something the police know)

Agree with some/most of your points, with a few exceptions:

First there were 3 murderers in the confession of Win, then 2 hours later only 2 were involved. Now the third guy is reportedly missing today? BP link not permitted (see 04 Oct 16:43 - 'KT Torture Alleged')

The confessions were coerced in a 'safe-house' ( a place police can go during the day to drink and gamble, and whatever else they want to get up to. Several on KP). The RTP even brag about the hours of intensive interrogation.

The reenactment looked to me like the RTP telling them what they had done, not them showing the RTP.

I can accept (more-so with independent confirmation) the two guys were involved. But do I believe they were the only two - never. More likely they were coerced, but one backed out...

...................and that they are guilty!!!!

Did I read in what I assume to be the Thai Governments statement posted on this thread, that the investigation took a long time because police had to review over 300 CCTV cameras covering the beach where this happened?

Really? That's a heck of a lot of cameras for what's supposed to be a small island tropical paradise. More like Fort Knox!

• Like 1

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

it dosnt matter who did it only that they are caught and theres no doubt... As for the kid your on about theres another son and hes not being mentioned but hes real and was on Island at the time. Its a reasonable request to ask the appropriate questions of all.

The whole point of a separate investigation is to verify DNA matching and such... what is your problem with an independent agent or country doing this pref the UK whos citizens it was that were butchered ?

a match is a match right ? shouldnt matter who does it the results will be the same and ThaIand can then stick two fingers up at everyone and regain their honour .. they have everything to gain by doing so if on the level ............so what is the big deal here ?

Oak, its blatantly obvious my dear friend.

The cynics would end up being knocked of their rigid perch here on TV. Which, in part has been declining a lot of late. However, the hardliner clowns still keep fighting to retain their somewhat foolhardy position with views that are 'so far out' it seems they're clutching at straws to keep in the arena ........

• Like 2

okay I'll be the first to say it. In respect for David and Hannah's family.

I can't believe how much people are claiming these Burmese are innocent with all the evidence piled up against them. People's logic? They are too small, don't look like a rapist or cold blooded murderers?!?!

The biggest mistake the police made was following half drunken or inebriated claims of people with NO forensics background. once the police (probably with help) followed their cigarette lead, they found the culprits quickly! 99.9% of every single rumor online was JUST that. Zero evidence backing it up. No actual smoking gun. Shocking people with crime scene photos doesn't prove anything. Showing people a phone that may have been turned into police after the murders prove nothing. Where is the smoking gun? A police report.? How do you know that wasn't the officers phone?

The Burmese ran off after the police

Spotted them on the beach? Why? They were scared to be deported ? The police know almost all Burmese workers are illegal. Why would the pick out just one innocent group ?

They were tortured with boiling water ?? Where is the smoking gun?? JUST another rumor. I didn't see any Burmese with burn marks. How did they know they were tortured ? Did they call and tell them? I doubt it.

One shared cigarette does not mean rape or murder. it means contact with the victim. One cigarette does not exclude unidentified others who may have also been there.

Actually forensics showing a wound made by a knife as opposed to the hoe that was reported as the murder weapon leaving a murder weapon missing proves..er..that they are missing one of the murder weapons and have falsely reported what kind of weapon was used perhaps.

The distinctive orange/pink phone with dark purple case belonging to hannah is available to view in tv forum on various pages, as well as viewable in various past photos of hannah that have been published online by newspapers and forums. This same very distinctive phone was clearly visible on a policemans desk the day after the murders during a thai news youtube video. An as yet unsubstantiated post from a friend of hannah's confirms the phone was given to the police on request the day after the murders.

Have you not been keeping abreast of the ongoing case?

The torture was reported formally to an NGO by Burmese diplomats. It appeared ten Burmese people were taken in and three were allegedly tortured. Hence this thread........

Sorry I didn't get a chance to finish before I hit reply.

I can't believe how much people are claiming these Burmese are innocent with all the evidence piled up against them. People's logic? They are too small, don't look like a rapist or cold blooded murderers?!?!

The biggest mistake the police made was following half drunken or inebriated claims of people with NO forensics background. once the police (probably with help) followed their cigarette lead, they found the culprits quickly! 99.9% of every single rumor online was JUST that. Zero evidence backing it up. No actual smoking gun. Shocking people with crime scene photos doesn't prove anything. Showing people a phone that may have been turned into police after the murders prove nothing. Where is the smoking gun? A police report.? How do you know that wasn't the officers phone?

Spotted them on the beach? Why? They were scared to be deported ? The police know almost all Burmese workers are illegal. Why would the pick out just one innocent group ?

They were tortured with boiling water ?? Where is the smoking gun?? JUST another rumor. I didn't see any Burmese with burn marks. How did they know they were tortured ? Did they call and tell them? I doubt it.

Continued.....

Other claims propose (without any evidence) that the hoe was not the primary weapon. (LOL) Independent CSIs again with no forensics background think a tiny knife could have made these skull wounds. if you look closely at the skull fractures you will see it's impossible these were done with a sharp object. Look up (google) knife wounds to the skull. You will see there are no outlying marks associated with stabs to the skull. David does have wounds consistent with a blunt CURVED object. There are marks along his forehead associated to the massive blow to his skull. A knife can not make a curved semi circle! If they used the punch knife the wound would not be so wide either. ! Most knife wounds to the skull get stuck in the skull and need to be surgically removed. Look back at the crime scene photos and you can see what I am talking about. (Yes I have a background in forensics.)

Just because a phone looks similar on YouTube or Facebook doesn't mean some one has a similar phone or the police didn't put it on their reports. Where is this 'friend ' that said she had Hannah's phone ? Don't know?

Because it's hearsay. sad.png doesn't mean anything as far as evidence goes. Just a coincidence or more likely a troll.

The cigarette found near the scene with the alleged Burmese killers has their DNA on it which proves they were at the scene.

Them purchasing the same cigarettes earlier is further damning evidence.

I'm not saying there aren't holes or questions in the investigation but there are a LOT more holes in all these hearsay only accusations and people making these claims have no background with forensics. It would take an elaborate plan (from the very beginning of the investigation) to plant semen in the victim of the accused Burmese suspects.

I believe the Burmese will be properly represented in court and given every chance to prove their innocence. (Doubt it). So for the family's sake. Please let it rest with all these rumors. NONE of them are proven and only slowing the family's healing process.

Thanks

There was a photo of David (postmortem) on FB that clearly showed a very nasty large knife wound just under the jaw. That alone I would have thought would have been enough to kill him, no I don't have any forensic background. What I do have is a background, in the university of life and I am prepared to put money (which is something that I offered to do in a post yesterday) on a statement that most certainly Wyn is not guilty of these most horrendous, evil crimes, why it's in the eyes. Sorry he just does not look the part.

My opinion for what it is worth. Whoever did commit these crimes, knew what they were doing and went there ready to do what was necessary.

jb1

• Like 2

The last sentence of this article is obscene. I'm not blaming the journalist him(her)self, because his(her) statement is obviously accurate but it shows what these islanders are really like. Sorry if I sound angry, it's because I am angry.

Like it or not the locals of Koh Tao are somehow collectively responsible for this disaster, because they ALL accept and support a totally corrupt system which plagues every single island in this country, all in the name of sheer profit. In this system the locals do not in effect have to abide by the law, because they own the law.

In this system, the locals hire massive amounts of illegal workers who are obscenely underpaid and exploited in every possible way. That some of these guys would end up losing their screws and behaving like animals is totally unjustifiable of course, but the context is explosive, and the locals are responsible for that, not the migrants.

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks these Burmese Scum are innocent are as thick as too short planks and are living in cloud cuckoo land

Well done to the Thai authorities for a job well done!!!

Innocent or guilty they were entitled under Thai law to the right to remain silent and only make statements in court. This right was denied them. They are also entitled to legal representation. They were also entitled to the right not to be abducted to a secret place and tortured which may also have been denied them.

Imagine the difference in treatment by police, if these were two of Chalerm's sons who got a bit too spirited after a night out.

I think that you have watched too many episodes of COPS!!!

This is Thailand and not Central New York!!!thumbsup.gif

Am i correct in saying a senior BIB officer said they didn't see a lawyer because they didn't ask for one ?

It was also revealed somewhere that at least one doesn't speak much Thai so apart from not knowing his ' rights ' he may not have been able to ask for them but does appear to have been able to make a full confession and in which language I wonder?

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

What exactly is the "overwhelming evidence" you keep referring to? I think most people have very little faith in anything the BIB say especially after their lamentable performance in this case and we only know what they say about the DNA.They seem to be mostly relying on the "confessions" which are not evidence.

Again based on what is being reported ...

There friend who was with them right up until the crime will be a witness against them.

Witnesses have put them around the scene at the time of the incident as well as video.

They didn't come forward despite weeks of the publicly stating they were looking for those singing/playing guitar and in at least one of the videos.

A phone of one of the victims was found at their place. (not the phone Facebook forensics keep showing that was collected and displayed by police in the first days of the investigation)

They confessed

They reenacted in front of hundreds of people.

And the big kicker -- their DNA matches the semen on the victim.

And to add ...

The Semen DNA collected well before these two identities were known was also sent to Singapore. So, at least two labs have typed the DNA. Now we have two suspects who match that DNA. Two suspects unless who disappear from the face of the earth (along with their family) will be able to be checked again by their lawyers, NGO and others who want to prove their innocence down the road. (something the police know)

#(something the police know)

..and what if the two hang themselves in their cells before Monday morning? ... or someone kills them?

it dosnt matter who did it only that they are caught and theres no doubt... As for the kid your on about theres another son and hes not being mentioned but hes real and was on Island at the time. Its a reasonable request to ask the appropriate questions of all.

The whole point of a separate investigation is to verify DNA matching and such... what is your problem with an independent agent or country doing this pref the UK whos citizens it was that were butchered ?

a match is a match right ? shouldnt matter who does it the results will be the same and ThaIand can then stick two fingers up at everyone and regain their honour .. they have everything to gain by doing so if on the level ............so what is the big deal here ?

Oak, its blatantly obvious my dear friend.

The cynics would end up being knocked of their rigid perch here on TV. Which, in part has been declining a lot of late. However, the hardliner clowns still keep fighting to retain their somewhat foolhardy position with views that are 'so far out' it seems they're clutching at straws to keep in the arena ........

Why do you have a picture of a judge in your avatar?

Are you a judge in real life, or do you consider yourself judge and juror at the same time, like a lot of other tv members ?

I've been through your post history, and actually know the answer already.

The UK Daily has been blacked out for raising points the Thai authority cannot contradict in regards to the Koh Tao murders. Welcome to North Korea.

Which daily now ?

The Daily Mail / Mail on Sunday ! If you have a vpn that identifies you being anywhere but Thailand you can still get online to read the paper many people in countries such as China / North Korea use VPN in order that they can get onto tabloids / Face book that are banned in there countries it appears since the last Coup the regime have blocked certain tabloids who have spoken out !

I noticed that I can't access any Premier League articles in the Daily Mail. Wondered why because I can access all the other UK press. So it's because of their coverage of this story is it? Any way to confirm it?

Anyone who believes the Thai police is EXTREMELY stupid. "Oh, the DNA evidence, it mathces!!", they cry.

That's BS. Has ANYONE actually seen the DNA tests? Of course not, all we have is a statement from the Thai cops we're meant to believe that says there's a match. They probably didn't even bother to test it. Why would they?

And these lawyers, they won't be allowed proper access. The accused will be given some 'appointed' lawyer who will probably be paid not to ask too many questions.

So you don't think that the defence team will ask to be shown the DNA evidence and believe their word on this!!!

Yeh right!!

Bear in mind these two boys are under five feet and half David's size, it seems improbable to any reasonable person that they committed both of the murders.

Where in the world did you get they were under five feet and even if they were 4 feet are you suggesting David was 8 feet?

Did you miss the fact they attacked him from behind and had weapon(s).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765810-koh-taos-other-little-secret-police-extortion/

Your beloved police farce!!!!

If police take money to turn a blind eye on illegal workers, can you not believe they could be involved in more sinister matters??

The link you provided certainly doesn't say this.

can anyone living on KAO TAO corroborate this henious statement

money money money money not one bit of remorse from the despicable uncaring authorties of KAO TAO or come to think of it the new leader, only an insult (misunderstood my ar-e)

The real murderer is still out there and many people know this, god forbid this should happen again but if it does then KAO TAO will be finished as will Thailand

JUST WHAT HAS HE DONE ABOUT SAFTEY NOTHING has had niether the time or thre inclanation,

has there been an update on what inprovements for saftey have been implemented on KAO TAO not one thing

just this idiot saying all's well come back soon they have not even buried the victims yet (so callous)

Thawisak Inphrom says its busy again, i find it hard to belive that except only ghouls would go to this god forsaken island

how the hell does he know that confidence is restored (what did he go and ask), confidence, safety,-------- from the authorities cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

this statement nothing more than a sick PR stunt to trying to hoodwink tourists in to a false sense of security,

Well Mr Thawisak Inphron and the Governor we tourists are not lemmings or sheep,or just lumps of meat with fat wallets,

and i for one do not belive anything you say clap2.gif

Thawisak Inphrom, the chief of Koh Pha-ngan district, of which Koh Tao is part, said that tourism on Koh Tao has become "busy again" following the arrests.
"Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island, and they are confident the authorities can provide safety for them," he said.
Surat Thani Governor Chatpong Chatrapoot said the arrest of the suspects had helped restore confidence among prospective tourists to Koh Tao.

Not one bit of regret offered to the families of the victims, but hey the tourists are coming back so all is good in la la land so lets get back to scamming...thumbsup.gif

Anyone who believes the Thai police is EXTREMELY stupid. "Oh, the DNA evidence, it mathces!!", they cry.

That's BS. Has ANYONE actually seen the DNA tests? Of course not, all we have is a statement from the Thai cops we're meant to believe that says there's a match. They probably didn't even bother to test it. Why would they?

And these lawyers, they won't be allowed proper access. The accused will be given some 'appointed' lawyer who will probably be paid not to ask too many questions.

Are in your country the public invited to share in the DNA tests, or are they posted on a public internet forum ?

Sorry to hear that the detectives don't keep you personally updated about every event, they probably have a backlog by updating the other tv members

One shared cigarette does not mean rape or murder. it means contact with the victim. One cigarette does not exclude unidentified others who may have also been there.

Actually forensics showing a wound made by a knife as opposed to the hoe that was reported as the murder weapon leaving a murder weapon missing proves..er..that they are missing one of the murder weapons and have falsely reported what kind of weapon was used perhaps.

The distinctive orange/pink phone with dark purple case belonging to hannah is available to view in tv forum on various pages, as well as viewable in various past photos of hannah that have been published online by newspapers and forums. This same very distinctive phone was clearly visible on a policemans desk the day after the murders during a thai news youtube video. An as yet unsubstantiated post from a friend of hannah's confirms the phone was given to the police on request the day after the murders.

The torture was reported formally to an NGO by Burmese diplomats. It appeared ten Burmese people were taken in and three were allegedly tortured. Hence this thread........

-snip-

How do you know that wasn't the officers phone?

Just because a phone looks similar on YouTube or Facebook doesn't mean some one has a similar phone or the police didn't put it on their reports. Where is this 'friend ' that said she had Hannah's phone ? Don't know?

Because it's hearsay. sad.png doesn't mean anything as far as evidence goes. Just a coincidence or more likely a troll.

There is a new article in the locked Thailand news section here where the police are now saying the phone they found was John's, not Hannah's. So those who have been saying that the girl gave Hannah's phone to the police are probably correct.

I think the social media has driven the police to backing and filling on that story.

Edit. Forgot a LINK

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

Now this is going to open up a biiiiiig can of worms.

I hope so!

If I became so angry, to smash in a couple peoples faces,...a totally grisly murder,...hanging around and raping one of the bloody dead would not be on my mind,....so why was it on these little, scrawny kid's minds?

By the way,...do they even smoke ciggies?

"Thawisak Inphrom, the chief of Koh Pha-ngan district, of which Koh Tao is part, said that tourism on Koh Tao has become "busy again" following the arrests.

"Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island, and they are confident the authorities can provide safety for them," he said."

shit just got real....

So you don't think that the defence team will ask to be shown the DNA evidence and believe their word on this!!!

Yeh right!!

How many times do we have to spell this out? Which DNA samples? Ones that have been independently witnessed from collection to result? I STRONGLY doubt this!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is to be an inquest 5 January in UK. I'm no lawyer but perhaps there might be some process which allows verification of evidence at that point. As far as I know David Millers funeral has already taken place. Perhaps the families agreed to further samples being taken before burials. If so there would be a chance at that point to obtain DNA from these Burmese boys to check results. The integrity of any testing and samples taken by the Thai police cannot be trusted at all obviously.

This sounds great. Please can you provide a source for this. Many thanks.

these burmese guys will be dead by that time , so wont help them if they are innocent will it

There is to be an inquest 5 January in UK. I'm no lawyer but perhaps there might be some process which allows verification of evidence at that point. As far as I know David Millers funeral has already taken place. Perhaps the families agreed to further samples being taken before burials. If so there would be a chance at that point to obtain DNA from these Burmese boys to check results. The integrity of any testing and samples taken by the Thai police cannot be trusted at all obviously.

This sounds great. Please can you provide a source for this. Many thanks.

David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were found dead on the island of Koh Tao on 15 September.

The court was told that Mr Miller was formally identified by his father. A post-mortem examination was carried out by a Home Office pathologist.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-29413391

The last sentence of this article is obscene. I'm not blaming the journalist him(her)self, because his(her) statement is obviously accurate but it shows what these islanders are really like. Sorry if I sound angry, it's because I am angry.

Like it or not the locals of Koh Tao are somehow collectively responsible for this disaster, because they ALL accept and support a totally corrupt system which plagues every single island in this country, all in the name of sheer profit. In this system the locals do not in effect have to abide by the law, because they own the law.

In this system, the locals hire massive amounts of illegal workers who are obscenely underpaid and exploited in every possible way. That some of these guys would end up losing their screws and behaving like animals is totally unjustifiable of course, but the context is explosive, and the locals are responsible for that, not the migrants.

The locals are not to blame. Say there was a murder in Disneyland or Pat Pong, do you expect everyone working there to find new employment? That's ridiculous.

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

Every time since yesterday that I have opened the link it is in Thai. I can't read Thai unfortunately. I have looked for an English option on the page, but am unable to find one.

Can someone advise me?

bottom right corner

Edited by 7Heaven
  • Like 1

-snip-

How do you know that wasn't the officers phone?

There is a new article in the locked Thailand news section here where the police are now saying the phone they found was John's, not Hannah's. So those who have been saying that the girl gave Hannah's phone to the police are probably correct.

I think the social media has driven the police to backing and filling on that story.

Or could it be that the social media has been grasping at straws for 3 weeks now .

Was it ever announced by the police that the found phone was Hannah's ?

It was always said announced as being ONE of the victim's phone, the social media conspiracy theorists added their own words to it.

I dont post so often here, even though I read every day. but I feel compounded to vent my anger and hatred at the Thai police and government. Never have I seen such blatant disrespect on an international level. I hope this backfires, They will truly understand what losing face is, they have already lost it. Thailand never surprises me. Its disgusting to the poor families.

Ive signed the petition and its already reached 10.000 , so the UK ambassador will now have no choice to investigate. Thailand should be BOYCOTTED for this, and im sorry but until the find the real killers the Thai authorities have blood on their hands. Not that they give a F%k, as long as tourists are coming back.

Launch websites, create Facebook pages, keep the pressure on this corrupt country, let the tourists know they are not safe, niether from murderers who KNOW they can pay their way out, or the scamming police.

TOURISTS - STAY THE HELL AWAY, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Keep the counts coming in on this.

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#

Rant Over!!

Thx

Totally agree with the above post.

Martin

• Like 1

My heart goes out to the family of the young couple.

Let the real culprits be brought to justice and let the family mourn their loved ones in peace.

I can't imagine how they feel.....So,so sad,my heart goes out to them.

I opened your link on my samsung note 8.0 tablet, and all i get are the 3 photo's of the burmese guys, but no link to where i can place my signature/ name on it.

Does this have to be done on a pc or lap top?

I would really like to add mine to this. Please tell me what i can do to make this happen.